120K to look like Post Malone

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

This girl spent $120 K and ended up looking like Post Malone....i'm gonna guess in about 10 years she'll regret it

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woman-s ... 31942.html

MichaelR
Reactions:

I bet your right, your skin stretch's over time and all the fine detail will go away and just look like she's blue all overme thinks. I really think also that tats on the face are a huge no no.
zisme
Reactions:

ms.gif
ms.gif (411.8 KiB) Viewed 1705 times
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
jam
Reactions:

She's supporting small business in these trying times.
Chocol8
Reactions:

She will be dead in less than 10 years. This type of self mutilation is a clear sign of severe mental illness, and if you read the article it confirms the obvious:

Luke has shared photos of herself pre-transformation on Instagram, noting that she was “catatonically depressed, suicidal and was a walking dead girl.” She added, “I was numb. I hated myself [the] majority of the time - that hatred ran deep. It tormented me.”

Now, Luke wrote, she’s “totally transformed myself into someone [I’m] proud of being. I’m a strong woman who knows exactly what she wants and who she is.”
Raindog
Reactions:

Even my hero, Indian Larry, would have paused.....
aaa.jpg
May he RIP.
golem
Reactions:

I mean you're talking about her. That's probably what she wants.
Mossman
Reactions:

It is an interesting behavioral paradox that she seeks attention while actively trying to obscure her own face. I don't think this is mitigating her self-loathing. I'm afraid when she runs out of blank space on her skin she might switch to cutting, or something more destructive than tattoos.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
fatjack
Reactions:

Well looks like she has a future as a gangsta rapper.
mickey
Reactions:

fatjack wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:33 am Well looks like she has a future as a gangsta rapper.
Billy Graham or Oral Roberts would have hired her as an "excellent bad example."
Gandalf the Intonationer
rrobbone
Reactions:

My standard opinion for things I do not understand applies: As long as it hurts no one else, I hope she's happy.
"What is this place? Where am I?"
toomanycats
Reactions:

Such a hideous example of the kind of creatures of painful desperation and pathological narcissism that our mass popular culture now creates. "Notice me! Look at me! " But not through accomplishment in any endeavor, either physical, intellectual, or artistic. Look at me because I'm a "freak," because I push your buttons in the most witless way about what is socially normal and acceptable; I confront you with the most shock value. This is transparently a fraud; it is enslavement and inauthenticity masked as faux freedom; it is sham creativity and bullshit transcendence.

And Yahoo pushing this as a story on feminist empowerment: What a joke! I can hardly imagine anything more derogatory to women.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Chocol8
Reactions:

rrobbone wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:11 pm My standard opinion for things I do not understand applies: As long as it hurts no one else, I hope she's happy.
Tattoos piercing and split tongues won’t cure or even treat the underlying mental illness. It’s a sure thing that she isn’t happy and that she won’t find inner peace from external mutilation. You could say it won’t hurt anyone else, but if she has family and people who care about her, I am pretty sure they are hurting already and will hurt a lot more when this reaches the inevitable end. Not to mention any influence she and the media attention have on other teens and young adults who follow her lead to bury their problems behind superficial acts rather than face them. And then the hurt caused to their families.

We as a society truly suck at recognizing and treating mental illness, and celebrating this type of avoidance behavior is the opposite of progress.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:35 am
fatjack wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:33 am Well looks like she has a future as a gangsta rapper.
Billy Graham or Oral Roberts would have hired her as an "excellent bad example."
Rudy Giuliani would have hired her to tuck in his shirt.
rrobbone
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:48 pm
rrobbone wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:11 pm My standard opinion for things I do not understand applies: As long as it hurts no one else, I hope she's happy.
Tattoos piercing and split tongues won’t cure or even treat the underlying mental illness. It’s a sure thing that she isn’t happy and that she won’t find inner peace from external mutilation. You could say it won’t hurt anyone else, but if she has family and people who care about her, I am pretty sure they are hurting already and will hurt a lot more when this reaches the inevitable end. Not to mention any influence she and the media attention have on other teens and young adults who follow her lead to bury their problems behind superficial acts rather than face them. And then the hurt caused to their families.

We as a society truly suck at recognizing and treating mental illness, and celebrating this type of avoidance behavior is the opposite of progress.
I'm not disagreeing, our system's lack of proper social care is apalling across the board. No argument there.

But I also don't know that particular young lady. Maybe she does indeed need help, and this is her way of dealing with/avoiding it. But maybe it isn't. I don't assume it is a sure thing that she's unhappy or in need of mental health care due to her extreme dedication to tats and piercings.

It could also be considered that her family is what may have caused the issues you suspect. My point is that we just don't know, not from an article and a few pictures.

I can't make any accurate judgement about her based on her appearance alone. I've learned that appearances are almost always a poor indicator of a person's strengths, weaknesses, character, or anything else about them.

Either way, her modification is an expression. It does no damage to anyone (if it hurts her family, they have their own issues to deal with). Either way, I do indeed hope she is happy.
Chocol8
Reactions:

rrobbone wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:54 pm But I also don't know that particular young lady. Maybe she does indeed need help, and this is her way of dealing with/avoiding it. But maybe it isn't.
Maybe I am more attuned to it because I have seen this movie a few times and while the names changed, the plots stays pretty much the same. Either way, I think this quote is scary and telling:

Luke has shared photos of herself pre-transformation on Instagram, noting that she was “catatonically depressed, suicidal and was a walking dead girl.” She added, “I was numb. I hated myself [the] majority of the time - that hatred ran deep. It tormented me.”
rrobbone
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:35 pm
rrobbone wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:54 pm But I also don't know that particular young lady. Maybe she does indeed need help, and this is her way of dealing with/avoiding it. But maybe it isn't.
Maybe I am more attuned to it because I have seen this movie a few times and while the names changed, the plots stays pretty much the same. Either way, I think this quote is scary and telling:

Well, that would stand out, yes.
DonM
Reactions:

If she hated herself before getting that done.....Oooh boy, she’s in for a real awakening.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

How shall I put this...That's pretty fugged up. :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Open G
Reactions:

Some people are stupid and there is nothing that you can do about it.