PayPal Alert

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

yesca wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:34 pm :evil: I move to abolish this three letter agency. They have run game on us for far too long. Time is up for them. :twisted:
I wouldn't abolish them...but simplification that is long overdue is needed. Keep in mind the agency is just carrying out rules/laws made by our 'representatives' in Congress....if any group should be abolished or reformed......start there.
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

Sinster wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:29 pm
Buddha Pickups wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:07 pm It unfortunately isn't hard to put 2 and 2 together on what states did this prior, and who wrote the bill this was included in but they always claim they're going after the "big guys" right? Sorry, hard to hide my bitterness.
Unfortunately both side aisle only really represent themselves. They might "pretend" to be fighting for their constituents, but in the end they are in bed together and lining their pockets.

Everything you need is at congress.gov . A lot of these places who report like to word fuck stuff so I usually go to the source. I visit congress.gov almost daily to see how much the working class are getting fucked.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... 7D&s=3&r=1

Then we have this proposed bill.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... 7D&s=4&r=1
I hate both sides equally, no mistake there. I'm just bitter to one side now for prompting this change 2 years ago in my state.
I'm assuming the federal version was one of those 30k page bills, that nobody read and got bipartisan support anyway to make them seem like they cared to give everyone 1200 that we'll end up having to pay 12k back in return over the next few years.

I'll also agree that a medal of honor might be a bit much, but I do think it's not as bad as the statues, parks, holidays, and gold casket televised funeral of a career criminal.
yesca
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:35 pm
yesca wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:34 pm :evil: I move to abolish this three letter agency. They have run game on us for far too long. Time is up for them. :twisted:
I wouldn't abolish them...but simplification that is long overdue is needed. Keep in mind the agency is just carrying out rules/laws made by our 'representatives' in Congress....if any group should be abolished or reformed......start there.
True that. Our Congress and the entire group of toasters will be eliminated under my plan. They are nothing but enablers. I smell an Aristrocracy brewing and some of guys/girls are invited! 8-) I'm not :lol:
honyock
Reactions:

I didn't want any of the stimulus money (only got a pittance the 1st one anyway because we have kids basically is only reason we got anything), was a useless poorly-targeted waste of money by the government.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Sinster
Reactions:
Gearlist: Many Les Pauls, Couple of Tele's and Strats, a PRS, a EVH Woflgang, a Bass, and Epi Acoustic. Egnater Rebel 20, Tubemeister 18.

honyock wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:49 pm I didn't want any of the stimulus money (only got a pittance the 1st one anyway because we have kids basically is only reason we got anything), was a useless poorly-targeted waste of money by the government.
It's a catch 22.
Razzle
Reactions:
Gearlist: 2010 AL-2000 Goldtop Floyd
2013 AL-3200 Purple Quilt Floyd semi-custom
2017 AL-3100mcc Lemonburst Quilt Floyd

The government is desperate for money, they are spiraling out of control.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Anybody switching to decaf?
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Actually, if you want to get upset, got here and search who got PPP loans where you are, what they are at:
https://projects.propublica.org/coronav ... ket_mylist

I am working on my area.
So far, a boat dealership got 950K, my insurance company got 2.5 mil, a builder got same, when the second-home building has been busier than ever was. A couple listed as landlords got, I forget, a sizable amount, because... they were rich enough to ride the downturn like the rest of us?
Another thing I have trouble with is the local banks involvement with it. It sounds like were distributing the money, but also "qualifying" applicants, like, if you are big, you WILL be in!
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
Chocol8
Reactions:

PPP basically went to any business with employees and a few other specified expenses. There was no requirement that the business had to be negatively impacted by COVID or the government restrictions.

So, businesses that were shut down and had little or no income got PPP, and builders who were bringing in record revenue also got PPP. I was just working with a client yesterday that had record sales, and profits that were more than triple 2019 to the tune of over $35 million and they also received PPP loans of more than $16 million that were completely forgiven. They are a restaurant company that was tremendously impacted for several months and they did lose millions when shut down or restricted in seating capacity, but having survived, the have way more than recovered and now also get the government windfall.

It’s not just the $1400 checks contributing to inflation. We printed a ton of new dollars and gave them all away. Now it’s time to pay the piper.