Vaccination progress where you are?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mighty_duck
Reactions:

Got my second pfizer shot a couple days ago, along with my wife and 2 girls. No side effects aside from a sore arm for any of us.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Got the first AZ shot on Thursday, and my arm.still hurts. No other side effects, save for our wifi getting really good.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
zisme
Reactions:

Just got my second pfizer shot. Fingers crossed for low side effects

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
slowhand84
Reactions:

zisme wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:10 pm Just got my second pfizer shot. Fingers crossed for low side effects

Hope it goes smoothly for you! My folks had practically nothing aside from a little light fatigue, my misses had a light fever and chills for 4-5 hours but was otherwise right as rain in the morning. Got my 2nd shot next week (Moderna), hoping to skate through easily as well.
Chocol8
Reactions:

Hoping the FDA gets off their lazy asses and approves Pfizer and Moderna for 12+ on Monday. They have been sitting on the data for months, and there is no longer a line for appointments so vaccines are just sitting in freezers while they twiddle their thumbs. Thats not how you end a pandemic.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Chocol8 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:18 pm Hoping the FDA gets off their lazy asses and approves Pfizer and Moderna for 12+ on Monday. They have been sitting on the data for months, and there is no longer a line for appointments so vaccines are just sitting in freezers while they twiddle their thumbs. Thats not how you end a pandemic.
I don't think that lowering the age threshold really matters at this point. There is a significant percentage of the population that will not get it no matter what their age. I have a good friend/old neighbor who outwardly shunned getting the vaccination that just got out of a week in the COVID ward. His wife got it too and while she was not hospitalized, she is currently very sick herself. He still maintains that he will not get it and doesn't think others should get it even after all that.

However ludicrous the anti-vax argument seems, the real issue is that the anti-vax people believe it and very strongly - enough to risk their lives on it.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
mickey
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 pm
Chocol8 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:18 pm Hoping the FDA gets off their lazy asses and approves Pfizer and Moderna for 12+ on Monday. They have been sitting on the data for months, and there is no longer a line for appointments so vaccines are just sitting in freezers while they twiddle their thumbs. Thats not how you end a pandemic.
I don't think that lowering the age threshold really matters at this point. There is a significant percentage of the population that will not get it no matter what their age. I have a good friend/old neighbor who outwardly shunned getting the vaccination that just got out of a week in the COVID ward. His wife got it too and while she was not hospitalized, she is currently very sick herself. He still maintains that he will not get it and doesn't think others should get it even after all that.

However ludicrous the anti-vax argument seems, the real issue is that the anti-vax people believe it and very strongly - enough to risk their lives on it.
And other people's lives. :(
Gandalf the Intonationer
Chocol8
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 pm I don't think that lowering the age threshold really matters at this point.
Well, it really matters a LOT to my 15 year old who can't get vaccinated yet and who has to put up with all sorts of BS restrictions because of that. It also matters to the population as a whole because teenagers are great spreaders. Allowing the teens to be vaccinated will reduce the community spread, push us closer to herd immunity, and protect the anti-vax crowd as well.

Also, once everyone who is at risk has a CHOICE and OPPORTUNITY (no long wait times) to get vaccinated, who gives a crap about the anti-vax people? It is their choice to take a risk. People under 12 have virtually no risk from COVID and don't even spread it as well as teens and older, so once the FDA clears vaccines for teens, we could end the stupid restrictions and mandates and get back to normal.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Chocol8 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:31 pm
uwmcscott wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 pm I don't think that lowering the age threshold really matters at this point.
Well, it really matters a LOT to my 15 year old who can't get vaccinated yet and who has to put up with all sorts of BS restrictions because of that. It also matters to the population as a whole because teenagers are great spreaders. Allowing the teens to be vaccinated will reduce the community spread, push us closer to herd immunity, and protect the anti-vax crowd as well.

Also, once everyone who is at risk has a CHOICE and OPPORTUNITY (no long wait times) to get vaccinated, who gives a crap about the anti-vax people? It is their choice to take a risk. People under 12 have virtually no risk from COVID and don't even spread it as well as teens and older, so once the FDA clears vaccines for teens, we could end the stupid restrictions and mandates and get back to normal.
I have kids in the same age range. Around here kids have been in in-person/all day school since last September. Even without any vaccines, the rate of infection has been very low in schools - in fact lower than the general population. Don't get me wrong- I am a proponent of as many people getting the vaccine as possible, but I feel that the people choosing NOT to take the vaccine in age groups already eligible are a greater risk both to themselves and others than kids.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
Longblacktie
Reactions:

Got both moderna shots. Glad to hear pretty much everyone on the forum got it

My work is trying to incentivize getting vaccinated so we can get back to not wearing masks, but it’s like 50/50 with anti vaxxers. I was surprised there are that many. A lot are “I’m just waiting a little bit” whatever that means
zisme
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:21 pm
zisme wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:10 pm Just got my second pfizer shot. Fingers crossed for low side effects

Hope it goes smoothly for you! My folks had practically nothing aside from a little light fatigue, my misses had a light fever and chills for 4-5 hours but was otherwise right as rain in the morning. Got my 2nd shot next week (Moderna), hoping to skate through easily as well.
Thank you! I lucked out. No side effects whatsoever besides a sore arm.
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
Blackened
Reactions:

Got my J&J one hitter a few months back. Felt run down the next day but otherwise I was fine.
slowhand84
Reactions:

zisme wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:23 pm
slowhand84 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:21 pm

Thank you! I lucked out. No side effects whatsoever besides a sore arm.
Nice! Hoping for the same :lol:
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

I do not follow the vax situation as much, but here in MA, it is walk-in mode, teenage may be 15?

Other:
Canada, Germany, France, all I hear from family and friends is that their situation do not seem to improve, or ever so slowly.

EDIT: just spoke to my sis in France, they are switching to a 9 pm curfew, and maybe a wider allowed roaming range... yikes.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
mickey
Reactions:

Perhaps we are luckier than we often think we are??? :)
Gandalf the Intonationer
Raindog
Reactions:

I got my shots through the VA in February. They seemed to have an abundance. I talk to the Philippines often and they still have it pretty rough there with some travel restrictions and mask mandates still in place in certain areas.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Mrs. Hand got Pfizer'd on Friday. She said it sounds like more fun than it is.

The rollout is really picking up steam here. Hopefully the second dose will be closer to the recommended timeline than the mandated one in the end. I am ready for this to be DONE.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Got my second Pfizer shot 5/11. Other than feeling a bit run down, I had no side effects. Which is not usual for me - I usually get a small dose of whatever it is I am protecting against. I have a pretty robust immune system.

St. Charles County MO, where Lake Saint Louis is a city within, has administered about 313K doses of vaccine to a total population of 440K.

I am surprised at 71% of the population participating, as the news is reporting that a lot of Missourians are skeptical. We have a heavy population of freedom-loving people, who some choose not to mask or vaccinate as a signal that they are exercising their freedom. I love my freedom and choose the less virtue signaling decision (I participated in masks and vaccines - glad the masks are fading!). There are a surprising number of people who don't trust the vaccine for a myriad of reasons, mostly rooted in fear and distrust.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
mickey
Reactions:

Got a phone call from my oldest & dearest friend this morning. She lives in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area but was calling from somewhere up in West Virginia.
She was in the ICU unit of some big hospital up there. Her "baby boy" (52 years old father of 6) has been in the ICU for over TWO WEEKS thanks to covid.
His family are anti vaxers thanks to their religion. Two of the kids went on some sort of church outing weekend, came home and gave the entire family covid.
The kids went thru it in about 4 days but mom & dad both were hospitalized. Mom is now out of the hospital while Dad has been in ICU for over 2 weeks.

My friend was in tears because she still does not know whether her son will be coming out of the hospital in a box, or not. :(
I remember him from when he was in middle school racing bicycles on weekends.
Gandalf the Intonationer
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

^ That sucks, @mickey . I hope he recovers soon.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
MichaelR
Reactions:

So sorry to hear that Mickey, I sure hope he comes out of it ok. My daughter has Hashimoto disease along with brainwashed disease as are far to many these days, I am so afraid she will get it once it sweeps through her small mining town, I don't want her to die alone. The terrible thing is that I worry that I will carry it to her from our larger town, not even knowing I am carrying it.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Got my first Astra Zeneca shot July 25th and scheduled for my second on October 17th here in Thailand. But like the rest of the world, looks like we are all looking at boosters 6 months to a year after second shots, the scuttlebutt here is that the booster will be a different brand which supposedley in early research gives you more immune response than the same formulation you initially had.
Partscaster
Reactions:

The un-vaccinated, by choice or lack of supply, put the entire global population at greater risk as more variants will occur while covid spreads.
Hopefully lambda variant , or any others in future, don't significantly blow through the effectiveness of the vaccines. The Chinese Sinovac vaccine produced antibodies might not be effective against lambda, according to tests. And thats the best that we know till more research exists as lamda rips through south america, where sinovac is used a lot.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Seeing this thread pop back up on the home page made me worried of bad news. Sad to see that's the case. Glad to see so many AGF members getting vaccinated, though.
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:48 pm The un-vaccinated, by choice or lack of supply, put the entire global population at greater risk as more variants will occur while covid spreads.
Hopefully lambda variant , or any others in future, don't significantly blow through the effectiveness of the vaccines. The Chinese Sinovac vaccine produced antibodies might not be effective against lambda, according to tests. And thats the best that we know till more research exists as lamda rips through south america, where sinovac is used a lot.
Yeah SinoVac uised here in Thailand a lot at first...now many healthcare workers getting hit so they are getting Pfizer boosters as a priority and regular folks who receive SinoVac as a first shot will be automatically scheduled for an AstraZeneca as a second shot. Seems Sino is no-go for future variants