Big artists, small venues

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
honyock
Reactions:

Getting to see Cody Jinks in a tiny club tonight, before he is going to play Stagecoach tomorrow night.

Really excited.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
honyock
Reactions:

I didn't take a single picture or video, just enjoyed the moment and sang my palo verde allergy inflicted throat more hoarse than I was already. Hope I didn't damage anything. Also forgot ear protection so the ol' tinnitus is pretty bad at the moment.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
toomanycats
Reactions:

Some of the best shows I've ever seen were big artist in tiny venues.

Tonight I'll get to play a few Cody Jinx songs at my gig. "Hippies and Cowboys", "Must be the Whiskey", and "Cast No Stones" are in regular rotation in our set list. I really dig his music.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Milkman
Reactions:

I’m a lifetime heavy metal guy…. But I sing Loud and Heavy in the shower pretty regularly!
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
bleys21
Reactions:

Small shows are pretty sweet if you can find them. My son and I saw Coheed and Cambria at Pappy & Harriets, and were right in front of the soundboard, about 50ft from the stage, clear view and perfect sound.

I've also seen a bunch of shows at the various LA Clubs in the 80's...Palladium, Whiskey, etc. Different crowds back then, typically had to throw some serious elbows to get the asshats to back off trying to push their way to the front.