Humbucker Mounting Screws

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
Lamf77
Reactions:

He would think it'd be easy to find this out but I'm having difficulty. I have an old pair of Agile humbuckers I want to use on a project. The original humbucker screws are too wide for the holes in the Agile pickups. Does anyone know the specific measurements I need to order screws that will fit? Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Partscaster
Reactions:

Phillips roundhead, 3-48 thread x 1-1/4" (31.8mm)

would be for US and most humbuckers, the SX come with wider screw diameter...I believe I have that right.
Gotta keep em separated !
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Lamf77
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:53 pm Phillips roundhead, 3-48 thread x 1-1/4" (31.8mm)

would be for US and most humbuckers, the SX come with wider screw diameter...I believe I have that right.
Gotta keep em separated !
I had 3 different size screws...none worked. Then I actually found the originals. The original Agile screws are the thinnest of the bunch and only ones that fit.
mozz
Reactions:

I would guess they are metric.
AGF refugee
Lamf77
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:42 pm I would guess they are metric.
I have GFS, Epiphone, Guitar Madness, Di Marzio, Artec, Giovanni and none use the screws the Agiles do....weird.
tobijohn
Reactions:

If any of the shafts of the screws you have are larger than the holes in the Agile pickups, you can then rationalize buying a tap and die set and just re-tap them. Or just take the pickups to HD/Lowes or a good hardware store and match them up...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
deeaa
Reactions:

I dunno, they might be metric and different size like EMG.

Apropos, I wonder why is it that hardly anyone who sells used pickups ever sells them with their screws? I buy all mu pickups used, and almost invariably they come sam's screws. Why would you do that...? Really annoying.
--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
https://www.facebook.com/deeheikkinen/
YouTube.com/deeaa
http://www.mosfite.com (redirects to Google site)