Wayne Kramer "Tribute" Stratocaster

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
Lamf77
Reactions:

Two projects in one week!

No.....not an exact replica. The flag pattern and pickup configuration are not the same. Having said that, what started out as a $139 Leo Jaymz Strat (before picture included) turned out great! Jin-ho locking tuners, upgraded TUSQ nut, Agile 3100 Humbucker in the bridge (only soldering and went smooth), white knobs, white tip, white replacement covers on the original single coils and a Fender Tailpiece/Bridge I found in a parts box.
Needs to be strung up, but figured I post anyway. 2 for 2 on projects this week! I had a set of white SX single coils, but just left the stock single coils in for now. I enjoy screwing more than soldering.....
Obligatory knob photoImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Lamf77
Reactions:

Delete

Partscaster
Reactions:

she looks great. I kinda want one for the flag..Looks like asian mahogany body wood from the amzon pics.
Cant see if it has a truss rod...and do they list neck pocket specs?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Lamf77
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:57 pm she looks great. I kinda want one for the flag..Looks like asian mahogany body wood from the amzon pics.
Cant see if it has a truss rod...and do they list neck pocket specs?
Truss rod access on the headstock. No listing of the neck pocket spec from what I can tell. I got the Flag Tele for Xmas and the Flag Les Paul last year...so had to grab this. Abalone dot inlays only drawback...not a Fender...but plays pretty well for what it is.
Partscaster
Reactions:

check out this guys "box opening demo".

[url]
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Lamf77
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:14 pm check out this guys "box opening demo".

[url]
They currently come in a set with a Red White and Blue amp....$139! The amp is cool looking and not half bad for a cheapo. The tuners and the microphonic humbucker and the only real weak links...easy swap.
Partscaster
Reactions:

Congrats on the stellar deal. It looks great.
I looked at my too many strat pile and had to default to buying an American flag pickguard to curb my GAS.
Your' flag guitar got me going. I'll put the pickguard on a white body with some of my favorite pickups and that will be my proud citizen guitar statement.

s-l1600.jpg
glasshand
Reactions:

Very cool! I am working on a Wayne Kramer tribute of sorts myself; will try and post pictures when it's done.
idiotsdelight
Reactions:

images.jpeg
images.jpeg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
Lamf77
Reactions:

idiotsdelight wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:12 am images.jpeg
Like I said...not exact by any means, but have the humbucker, 2 white silver coils! Thanks for the pix.
Partscaster
Reactions:

Thanks for the Wayne Kramer inspiration. I do like MC5.
This is what I got:
IMG_0547.jpg
Lamf77
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote:Thanks for the Wayne Kramer inspiration. I do like MC5.
This is what I got:
IMG_0547.jpg
Route out the middle for that humbucker....nice!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk