Project Jazzmaster build

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
honyock
Reactions:

Just picked up a body for a neck I bought a long while ago.

Need to decide, thinking something like a Deluxe with a pair of widerange buckers and a simple 3 way with master volume and tone.

Thinking about just doing a natural stain finish since the body grain looks pretty nice. Image

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

Nice looking body! I would agree a natural finish would be appropriate.

Since I recently came into 2 sets of jazzmaster pups, can I ask where you purchased it?
honyock
Reactions:

ILuvTeles wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:14 pm Nice looking body! I would agree a natural finish would be appropriate.

Since I recently came into 2 sets of jazzmaster pups, can I ask where you purchased it?
eBay, seller name is: susanland11

shipping took 2 weeks door to door.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115353739662?h ... Sweo1iYVNQ

It is actually a 2 piece body surprisingly light supposedly mahogany, but probably some similar species. Only wierd bit is that they left the corner of the bass edge of the neck pocket a bit sharp and the neck pocket there was a little rough looking.

It has a holographic effect of the grain on the back particularly that will probabaly pop with the right stain.
2022-11-07 21.31.21.jpg
2022-11-07 21.30.23.jpg
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

ILuvTeles wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:14 pm Nice looking body! I would agree a natural finish would be appropriate.

If you're a righty, Rosser on ebay has bodies normally under 100.
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:50 pm Just picked up a body for a neck I bought a long while ago.

Need to decide, thinking something like a Deluxe with a pair of widerange buckers and a simple 3 way with master volume and tone.

Thinking about just doing a natural stain finish since the body grain looks pretty nice. Image

Yep, just tru oil it and call it a day. Keep adding coats depending on how glossy u want it
honyock
Reactions:

Buddha Pickups wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:43 pm
honyock wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:50 pm Just picked up a body for a neck I bought a long while ago.

Yep, just tru oil it and call it a day. Keep adding coats depending on how glossy u want it
I did that on my old Affinity tele and made it look like a million bucks.

Looks like I can get a 8oz bottle via Walmart for $12.77 (save $8.18) and I have a few necks that need finished anyway so doubly needed.
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

Tru Oil is great!
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

Buddha Pickups wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:41 pm

If you're a righty, Rosser on ebay has bodies normally under 100.
Thanks for the tip. Body on order. One down, one to go.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Great project@honyock I'm building a tele right now but I've been looking at and thinking about Jazzmasters a lot lately. My entire guitar life I've been a major Gibson fan and the only Fenders I've owned have been Strats and Teles. I've had a ton of Gibson or Gibson like guitars and I have an awesome LP now most likely I will never buy another Gibson or Gibson like guitar.So I should while I still can experience some other Fender models so next guitar I'm going to buy be a Jazzmaster or Jazzmaster style guitar.