What else - Drive PEDALS!

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Three more:

- D250+: basically, a DoD 250 Distortion and an MXR Distortion+ with a flick of a switch. Tamed some of the hiss and harsh, plus the input impedance so it doesn't get instantly dark when you roll the volume of your guitar down. Shoutout to @mozz who gave me the PCB awhile back. I auditioned a TL071, LM356 and a LM318 before settling on the GOAT, LM741 IC. Awesome for driving a clipping amp back into the 1970's.

- Prodigy Drive: basically, a Ramble Marvel Drive with a few tweaks. My wife helped by supplying sticky vinyl cut with her Cricut machine, which I used to mask paint and letters. Got over ambitious as this has a layer of hammered black w/ gold specks, over hammered gold with a clear nitro on top. Double -textured made masking a chore and it came out fuzzy. Sounds amazing, especially in 100w mode!

- Another Vesper, this one for me. The last one was given as a birthday present to a friend down on his luck. Take a touch-sensitive Vox and marry that with a Marshal 50w JCM800 and you'll get the idea.
Attachments
20220725_211142.jpg
20220725_211158.jpg
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
golem
Reactions:

Those are all ones I'd like to try. I love DOD 250s. I have one Mozz built. Curious about any MIB pedal.
mozz
Reactions:

If you get request for the DOD/MXR pedals i am pretty sure i have 200 boards, ordered that many which was the cheapest option. Let me know if you want a few at cost.

I also have a silicon tonebender pcb, not a original Macari's/VOX version but somebody did tweaking on it over a few years and this is the final product, supposedly sounds great. Controls are "sparkle" " abuse" "vol". Switch looks like a "dark" adds a bigger cap in front. Haven't had time to build 1 yet, have enclosures and all the parts, no time.

Guy who designed the pcb said "If you like the sound of the Fuzz Factory but want something with a more consistent and predictable sound try this."
20220726_202556.jpg
20220726_202614.jpg
Siltonebender-schem.jpg
AGF refugee