Post A Pic Of Your Go To Pedal

Broken down by TYPE in Sub Forums.
Spike
Reactions:

Just as the title says, post a pic of your desert island pedal, the one you wouldn’t want to do a gig without.

Mine is my red MXR Custom Badass ‘78 Distortion pedal. It goes anywhere from just breaking up to balls out face melt mode. I love this pedal so much I bought a second one to put on my small board.

What about you?
0416FB72-2855-4D8D-A66D-04C5B4E67CBE.jpeg
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

To lazy to take a new picture but for me it's my MXR Prime Distortion.
48opcut[1].jpg
zisme
Reactions:

even tho it's new

frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

AMI JTM 45 Pedal.jpg
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

I don't need much with 10-watts. Just a tad of something. I have a few super-awesome pedals, but I know what I'm going to get out of this which keeps the tweaking to a minimum.
717B-x0qpbL._AC_SS350_.jpg
717B-x0qpbL._AC_SS350_.jpg (14.47 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

I never thought this would top all the pedals I own when I first bought it, but this beast is a pedal to contend with.

ScreaminFX - Uverbia
Splashy Reverb combined with tone shaping and the “thunder drive” for gain makeup. It’s versatile and flavorful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
Partscaster
Reactions:

images.jpeg
images.jpeg (18.95 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-1.jpeg (9.91 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Cornfed
Reactions:

Probably the Boss Tuner :(
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

Modtone mini-mod OD, I fiddled with a couple diodes, removed one. Keep it on 98% of the time.
IMG_20210127_040005889_HDR.jpg
One of these days I'll find a good deal on a real tubescreamer at the same time I actually have money 😅
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
glasshand
Reactions:

It's not fancy, but it's what I rely on all the time: my EarthQuaker Devices Arrows. I told my friend Anna who works for EarthQuaker that I was basically just looking for a big "MORE" knob, and she suggested the Arrows, and it delivers.
eqd_arrows.jpg
deeaa
Reactions:

All I absolutely need is a good EQ and some light OD and/or boost. This has those covered quite excellently; can layer several EQ's...and they're parametric...and also the comp and booster/OD's have their own EQ's... Additional FX and the ability to use a WAH (surprisingly good) and a volume pedal are a big plus, and sometimes I even use some delay or verb too.

In short, it just has everything I'd need annd more and very conveniently so. I have no need for the preamp and such settings and emulators however.
--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
https://www.facebook.com/deeheikkinen/
YouTube.com/deeaa
http://www.mosfite.com (redirects to Google site)
glasshand
Reactions:

I'm amused at the difference between deeaa's and mine...I literally have one footswitch and one knob; he has six footswitches plus a rocker pedal, about 15 knobs, and about 30 buttons.
deeaa
Reactions:

glasshand wrote:I'm amused at the difference between deeaa's and mine...I literally have one footswitch and one knob; he has six footswitches plus a rocker pedal, about 15 knobs, and about 30 buttons.
Yeah, I have gone through plenty of different setups. For most of my 'career' if you will, I have used nothing except a clean booster or at most a wah pedal or an OD. But then I've started adding pedals to achieve a change in sound, and very often an EQ in the amp loop.

Right now, I'm playing into a plexi Marshall, and it really needs an EQ and a little drive, since it's an one channel amp with very limited controls. But also a volume pedal is good, for a little extra boost when I play lead. A tuner is convenient.

The irony is that it's very complex a pedal setup to achieve proper EQ and all that, even if I never switched them. So it's much simpler to use the GT-8, as it has everything in one convenient box.

Pretty much 90% of time I have the one and only setting on it and don't change it, or even use the volume pedal. All I use is the tuner now and then, and even then it's to turn off all sound.

On maybe eight songs out of 25 or so, I'll use a clean patch as well and switch between them.

On four songs I'll use the volume pedal, for my lead bit.

On one song I use a patch with tremolo.

For one song, wah, but often I won't bother.

That's it. But every patch I have, it has the same basic two parametric EQs and such.

A short while back I tried how could I get a simpler setup still, by means of lowering my neck pup output so much I'd get "clean" just by using neck pup, and then I'd only need a good EQ and an OD pedal and some sort of volume booster, and there might even be a pedal that would do it all.

But then the tuner...naah. it's simpler to just use the good old GT-8 Image complex as it is, it's still the simplest way. Just one extra cord and power cable to worry about.

When I reamped my guitars, I used just the one basic setup for all my guitars. I'll add some EQ and volume changes for different parts if need be in the mix...as for my sound...I basically only need one.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
https://www.facebook.com/deeheikkinen/
YouTube.com/deeaa
http://www.mosfite.com (redirects to Google site)
artandsoul
Reactions:

Big knob pedals colourjumbo tonebender fuzz is my go to fuzz/dirt pedal after owning over 30+ diff fuzz pedals. Since I never really play clean. that big knob colorsound clone kills most muff pedal for me its more gritty dirtyness makes it my kinda pedal but will clean up nicely so not 1 trick pedal for sure usually around 70 used well worth it. I get a much bigger sound out of it that that video but im using 100watt tube head and 412 it destroys if needed lol
tonebender.jpg

"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
artandsoul
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:44 pm It's not fancy, but it's what I rely on all the time: my EarthQuaker Devices Arrows. I told my friend Anna who works for EarthQuaker that I was basically just looking for a big "MORE" knob, and she suggested the Arrows, and it delivers.

eqd_arrows.jpg
The cheapest and one of the best earthquaker pedals there is! Its a mid boost and works great when u need that mid boosted in a live setting I know a few metal bands that use it and works great!
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
artandsoul
Reactions:

If your looking for a crazy reverb pedal like a big sky but much cheaper Id recommend this space reverb, Its crazy and always fun to play around with for hours . A+ astronaut v2 by shiftline pedals. made in russia and not your normal pedal to find a guitar center used for sure. I bought mine new from russia on sale and its never left my board and never will. Its the best multi verb pedal for the money around 145 new or 125 used maybe less if you lucky on reverb.
can get some amazing sounds out of it more than these youtube vids.