Caline SCURU S4

Discussions by amplifier type.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Ok.. cheap little amp from China no effects but remarkably has a built in separate overdrive circuit with its own gain, tone and level controls.

I was struggling how best to utilize my Vox Stomplab 1G as the bigger Blackstar and associated pedals really did not fit too well but I also needed something I could plink around on at night when I didn't want to warm those tubes up.

The Vox pedal works perfectly with the SCURU S4 which is also a decent Bluetooth speaker for the master bedroom too. So now I have an upstairs rig to play a bit before I hit the hay. Again amp has no effects other than overdrive but it sounds very full as it has a rear bass port. If you have a multi pedal and hate using headphones like I do..this fits the bill for $40. Also sold under some different names Lekato, Kazuki, etc. real aluminum front grill which is a plus.
IMG_20240620_135636.jpg
IMG_20240620_135632.jpg
IMG_20240620_140250.jpg
IMG_20240620_135622.jpg
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Ok..the upstairs rig ..too hot usually for keeping a guitar in the bedroom 🥵 so slight modification to my pedal bench setup.

Moved the Vox Stomplab out of the effects loop and to first in the chain into the Boss Blues Driver into the front of the amp. This for whatever reason sounds soooo much better ! Now all I have to do when I want low Volume playtime is to unplug from the Blackstar and into the SCURU S4 and I can use both the Vox Stomplab and the Boss Blues Driver at low volume and a kickin' sound whenever I don't want tube heat or volume.
IMG_20240621_085358.jpg