How's this possible for such a tiny amp?! NAD: Mooer Hornet 05i

Discussions by amplifier type.
littlebadboy
Reactions:

Actually, it's a tiny amp. I have been eyeing this little amp for a while. I do not have any physical guitar amplifiers anymore as I use plugins. But, I needed a smaller amp for noodling around wherever I am around the house, and this fit my needs. I was able to gather Amazon gift cards to get one!

My quick raw demo of the Mooer Hornet 05i, using my phone to record video and audio on my PRS S2 Darth Paul:

From Mooer's website:
*Digital modeling amplifier based on the MOOER Intelligent AMP System.
*52 amp models created with MNRS technology, and 49 classic and experimental effects.
*5-watt D class amplifier with a two-inch loudspeaker.
*40 drum machine varieties and 10 metronomes.
*80-second looper that can sync with the drum machine.
*Comes with tuner for tuning your instrument easily.
*Rechargeable battery with up to 5 hours battery life.
*Specialized MOOER iAMP APP for complete effects editing, firmware updates, and the ability to upload/download tones from MOOER Cloud.
*Support for wireless footswitch control.
*Bluetooth 5.0 high-quality audio input for audio playback or practice.
*USB-C port for high-quality audio recording and playback

My thoughts:

It is very loud for such a small amp! It sounds awesome just like the reviews out there say. I can control and save presets via Bluetooth on my phone. I really like its small factor so I can play and noodle around anywhere in the house.

I will make a better demo soon.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks for the demo. Consider my interest piqued.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

I had this amp's predecessor, the Mooer White Hornet. Used it well for 4 years and it paired fantastically with the multi effects pedal I had at the time, the Valeton GP-100. They msake some neat little amps for sure but their Spark amp competitor I think is a dud, the SD30 I think. It sounded dull and artificial to me anyway.
thepezident
Reactions:
Gearlist: I got stuff

When I add it to my Amazon cart - there is a $10 coupon. Final price is $121.90
littlebadboy
Reactions:

thepezident wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:53 am When I add it to my Amazon cart - there is a $10 coupon. Final price is $121.90
So, did you get it?
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

HNAD!

Sounds like a great amp for practice and more (pun intended).

My friend has a Positive Grid Cube which is like that and my only advice is these can be effects heavy to sound big and I recommend dialing the effcts back when practicing and playing with a band or mix.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob