'56 Silvertone...oh yeah

RayStankewitz
Reactions:

Oh Yeah! That Silvertone has the same sort of brown-burst my Kay Vanguard K102 has. Nice tone from the lipstick tube pickups, too.
"Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?"
Tglo
Reactions:
Gearlist: Way to many and it changes every month.
My new favorite is my Harley Benton guitars.

Oh yeah that's the right tone. Oh man I wish I would have given more appreciation for those back in the early 70s when ya could get them for 20 bucks.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him wil not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
mickey
Reactions:

Tglo wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:47 am Oh yeah that's the right tone. Oh man I wish I would have given more appreciation for those back in the early 70s when ya could get them for 20 bucks.
They weren't even worth twenty bucks back in the 1970's! Not even good firewood.
Gandalf the Intonationer
Tglo
Reactions:
Gearlist: Way to many and it changes every month.
My new favorite is my Harley Benton guitars.

Right you are. I had a 65 harmony rocket that I paid 165 for in the mid 80s. Now they go for 1000 or better. But it's funny how our sense of tone and the cool factor change as we get older. Or is it we lost our ability to hear and see.🤣🤣🤣🤣
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him wil not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:16 pm
Tglo wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:47 am Oh yeah that's the right tone. Oh man I wish I would have given more appreciation for those back in the early 70s when ya could get them for 20 bucks.
They weren't even worth twenty bucks back in the 1970's! Not even good firewood.
You mean plywood isn't a tonewood ?
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I have a Silvertone guitar and a Silvertone tube amp head and speaker cabinet. I think I bought the whole shebang for $80 and sold the whole shebang for $80. I bought if from a shipmate aboard the Nimitz and sold it to another shipmate a year or two later. Many years later I saw the same amp and speaker cab in a vintage shop and they wanted a fortune for it.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole