A Trip to Antigua

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

I dunno....I actually love this thing !

tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I do not like that finish but I am sure some do. I could never bond with a Strat anyway so it will never be an issue for me.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:32 am I do not like that finish but I am sure some do. I could never bond with a Strat anyway so it will never be an issue for me.
Is it the single coils or the body style/scale length that you don't get on with ? I once put a GFS humbucker pre wired guard into an old cheapo strat and it was fabulously full even though it still had the quack too
golem
Reactions:

@andrewsrea can attest that I briefly had one of these (an original one). Probably because of age the finish was a bit more subdued than this. It wasn't the greatest guitar but it wasn't absolutely horrible either.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

golem wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:29 am @andrewsrea can attest that I briefly had one of these (an original one). Probably because of age the finish was a bit more subdued than this. It wasn't the greatest guitar but it wasn't absolutely horrible either.
The finish aged on yours and was actually 'cowboy cool,' IMHO. If I recall, it was heavy for a Strat and agree, it didn't suck or stand out as far as sound and playability.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Ok...here is an interesting tidbit, Squier / Andertons / Chicago Music Exchange will be offering an Antigua line...even a Tele Custom...hmm...now I'm interested except they would likely never make it to Thailand.

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/pr ... ua-1958696

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:40 pm Ok...here is an interesting tidbit, Squier / Andertons / Chicago Music Exchange will be offering an Antigua line...even a Tele Custom...hmm...now I'm interested except they would likely never make it to Thailand.
Nor would they likely make a Lefty Jaguar one, but if they did I might have to jump.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 am
tonebender wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:32 am I do not like that finish but I am sure some do. I could never bond with a Strat anyway so it will never be an issue for me.
Is it the single coils or the body style/scale length that you don't get on with ? I once put a GFS humbucker pre wired guard into an old cheapo strat and it was fabulously full even though it still had the quack too
When I first started playing in a band I bought a Strat. My strumming style made me hit the switch constantly. I finally gave up and switched to a Telecaster. I was Tele guy for many years and then I discovered the shorter scale of a Les Paul and P90 pups. I made a hard switch to Les Paul or 335 guitars and while I still own a Tele, I never play it. Lately I have been thinking about taking it to rehearsal and messing around with it some to see how it feels. I still have one Strat too but I built it from parts and it is a HSH with Gibson Burst Buckers and a Strat middle up. Graph Tech bridge saddles, locking tuners, compound radius neck, etc. I built it with all the best stuff and never liked it. I should sell it to someone that would appreciate it.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
idiotsdelight
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:40 pm Ok...here is an interesting tidbit, Squier / Andertons / Chicago Music Exchange will be offering an Antigua line...even a Tele Custom...hmm...now I'm interested except they would likely never make it to Thailand.

Trogly has the worst tastes in desirable finishes. The guy drools over the most ghastly candied colors, and I'm not speaking of antigua, which I dont mind. That Custom looks kinda cool.

Do you mean it wouldnt survive the trip or no one will ship it?

Andertons shipped me a Squier FSR Esquire to the States.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

idiotsdelight wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:27 am

Trogly has the worst tastes in desirable finishes. The guy drools over the most ghastly candied colors, and I'm not speaking of antigua, which I dont mind. That Custom looks kinda cool.

Do you mean it wouldnt survive the trip or no one will ship it?

Andertons shipped me a Squier FSR Esquire to the States.
Never check on shipping but most of the time vendors in the states don't ship to Thailand especially if they have some relationship with resellers here. Some of if the CME Fender Special Run stuff does end up here so I assume they are acquired by resellers here from CME. I just think the Antigua finish would not be desired by most Thai buyers.
jhull54
Reactions:

Well, I thought this thread was about something else!

Just got back from Antigua...
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

jhull54 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:09 pm Well, I thought this thread was about something else!

Just got back from Antigua...
Are you sure ? That looks more like Ocean Burst