Considering Chromecast purchase...

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Yeah, while I am scrambling to figure how to watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans (10-11 June!), here in the U.S., without spending too much, I figured I might as well update some old video stuff.

Chromecast?
Any AGF user feedback?
I do not need 4K. Which generation device is "enough"?

BTW, Le Mans is a bit special this year: 100th edition, Hyper class loaded with highly competitive new entries from BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Peugeot. Even Ford returns in a lower class, I believe.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
OMB
Reactions:

Been using Chromecast fopr years. Just buy the latest. Don't make it complicated. If you REALLy want to go frugal look at WalMart's https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-Google-T ... om=/search device. NOt sure of it's capabilities but it is cheap.
image.png
image.png
Attachments
image.png
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I have a Chromecast, and it has worked flawlessly since purchase.

That said, many newer TVs have the capability built in.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

I do not understand the model "ladder; if there is one.
Should I just buy what ever is currently sold at BestBuy, and be done?
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

PoodlesAgain wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:07 pm Should I just buy what ever is currently sold at BestBuy, and be done?
Yes.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

I have been using a Xiaomi 'MiBox' Android box with built in Chromecast for about 4 years now...absolutely bulletproof...never failed, locked up or gave any issues whatsoever...about 70 bucks if I remember.
glasshand
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:07 pm I do not understand the model "ladder; if there is one.
Should I just buy what ever is currently sold at BestBuy, and be done?
The best reason for buying the latest model, IMO, is not because you need all of the latest amazing features, but because it will be supported for the longest. That puts off the day that you discover your gadget does not work with your new TV and cannot be updated anymore, or it starts displaying some weird behavior and Customer Support says, "Sorry, your model is no longer supported, too bad so sad. Have you considered buying our latest model?"