I Was In Midtown Last Night Looking For Love

tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I pulled my Midtown Custom out of the closet over the weekend. I could not remember why I have become jaded to this guitar. I took it to rehearsal last night and loved it. It is 2 lbs heavier than the Firefly. I played it during the entire rehearsal and my back did get quite fatigued. I think rotating it in for a few songs will be fine though and playing the SG Jr the rest of the night should keep the back in good shape. I am back in love with the Midtown. I think I stopped playing it because the pups are hotter than I prefer but I will work around that.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Partscaster
Reactions:

I didnt know about those. Is it "hollow body" or semi ? I see it has solid back/sides and maple cap. Beautiful looking. What finish is yours?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Gibson Midtown.jpg
This is mine. I had a Pelham blue with P90's but I sold it when I bought this one. I like my LP's to have P90's and my semis to have hums. It is a semi hollow but with a flat top. They are very cool guitars and more affordable than a Gibson 335. Plus I have never had in my hand on a Gibson335 that had a neck profile I like with the exception of an -81 BB King Standard Lucille. That one I like but it was too valuable to gig with. I sold it during the big sell off.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole