Welcome kurtzentmaier!

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mickey
Reactions:

We are glad you are here & decided to join us!
toomanycats
Reactions:

If you'll follow me Sir it's this way to your V.I.P. booth. :D

Welcome to the new AGF Kurt!
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

Yeah but who's gonna clean up after his support chickens?

Welcome KZ
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
JeffBeck
Reactions:

I wondered if he would show up or not. Welcome, Kurt. Thanks for helping create a bunch of junkies.
Chocol8
Reactions:

Were the chickens able to get past the captcha barrier to sign up?
thepezident
Reactions:
Gearlist: I got stuff

Well it looks like we're official now... :D
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Glad to see you Kurt!!
pdcorlis
Reactions:

All Hail Kurt, All Hail Agile! We salute you good sir.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

Welcome Kurt! Thanks for selling great guitars over the years , I’ve definitely helped pay your bills. :mrgreen:
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
Mossman
Reactions:

Welcome Kurt!
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
fatjack
Reactions:

Glad to have the big guy here , Welcome to the new agf.
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

Awesome! Welcome welcome. It’s feeling Even more like home already with you here too
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
PsychoCid
Reactions:

Good to see ya Kurt, hope the chickens and family are all well
pratteman
Reactions:

Wow visited by royalty an all that. Welcome Kurt
"No matter where you go, there you are."
AGF Refugee-5159
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Anyone know if "H. Benton" has logged in yet ?
Mossman
Reactions:

Hey Kurt! Welcome to our new home.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:00 pm Anyone know if "H. Benton" has logged in yet ?
I’m also waiting for Harvey Benton.
peskypesky
Reactions:

I'm still waiting for the Richman's Bastard celery guy to show up. I honestly miss him.
Banned by Momo
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:19 pm I'm still waiting for the Richman's Bastard celery guy to show up. I honestly miss him.
Richman’s Bastards have richer tone
4F731349-24B9-46A3-99E4-90C0E5ACD4C3.jpeg
4F731349-24B9-46A3-99E4-90C0E5ACD4C3.jpeg (41.3 KiB) Viewed 2824 times
Partscaster
Reactions:

We've got to get the new forum details to that Greatful Dead Fanboy from Badcat with the sphincter avatar.
He was a real crowd favorite.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
tobijohn
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:33 am I wondered if he would show up or not. Welcome, Kurt. Thanks for helping create a bunch of junkies.
I had mentioned the new site to him in an email last week regarding possible alternatives to the G&Bs that come stock in the current AL-3100MCC/3200MCCs. I had used the Artec Giovannis and the Guitar Madness pickups (which I suspect are Artec as well) as examples of relatively inexpensive humbuckers (at least at the retail level) that he might want to research. I also mentioned that most thought that even the stock pickups in the AL-3010SEs would be an improvement over the G&Bs. He said he'd look into it...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
jam
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:53 pm
JeffBeck wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:33 am I wondered if he would show up or not. Welcome, Kurt. Thanks for helping create a bunch of junkies.
I had mentioned the new site to him in an email last week regarding possible alternatives to the G&Bs that come stock in the current AL-3100MCC/3200MCCs. I had used the Artec Giovannis and the Guitar Madness pickups (which I suspect are Artec as well) as examples of relatively inexpensive humbuckers (at least at the retail level) that he might want to research. I also mentioned that most thought that even the stock pickups in the AL-3010SEs would be an improvement over the G&Bs. He said he'd look into it...
Oops! I hit "thumbs down" by accident, but was able to change it by hitting "up" right after. Sorry!

Anyway, replacing the pickups at the factory with Artecs would be cheap and easy. I mean, we're talking about a pretty large bulk purchase. And the "lore" would be off the charts. The likelyhood that it was Tonerider pickups in the early Squier Classic Vibes did a lot to sell the sound and the guitars.

At one time, some Agile models came with SDs, EMG HZs and real EMGs.
tobijohn
Reactions:

jam wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:20 pm
tobijohn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:53 pm
Oops! I hit "thumbs down" by accident, but was able to change it by hitting "up" right after. Sorry!

Anyway, replacing the pickups at the factory with Artecs would be cheap and easy. I mean, we're talking about a pretty large bulk purchase. And the "lore" would be off the charts. The likelyhood that it was Tonerider pickups in the early Squier Classic Vibes did a lot to sell the sound and the guitars.

At one time, some Agile models came with SDs, EMG HZs and real EMGs.
Thanks, I meant to mention Toneriders to him but I completely forgot. IMHO, the Classic Vibe series need nothing, certainly not a pickup upgrade. I don't know how much say he has in the SX/Douglas/Hadean guitars but the Tele/Strat pickups in those don't get nearly the criticism that the G&Bs do but they do have those Alnico 4 humbuckers which are great. I'll pass that on...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
JeffBeck
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:30 pm
IMHO, the Classic Vibe series need nothing, certainly not a pickup upgrade.
Spot on. I cannot believe I traded off my CVC Tele. One of my dumbest moves of the last decade.
Tglo
Reactions:
Gearlist: Way to many and it changes every month.
My new favorite is my Harley Benton guitars.

I had one Rondo guitar that had EMG hzs and they were great. It had a scorpion on the 12th fret was light blue and a neckthrough.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him wil not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16