Have you heard...

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

AGF.com just imploded and all the cool kids left.

Honestly, I just wanted to have the first thread in this sub forum.
toomanycats
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:09 pm AGF.com just imploded and all the cool kids left.

Honestly, I just wanted to have the first thread in this sub forum.
Seriously, aren't all the "kids" here. Did anybody actually go to MOMO?
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
mickey
Reactions:

I think a few of us did, before we realized what we were getting into.
The best term I have read describing it was "terrible."
It goes down hill in a hurry after that.
I just hope nobody downloaded/installed their app!
JeffBeck
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:11 pm
Seriously, aren't all the "kids" here. Did anybody actually go to MOMO?
I doubt it. Nobody is going to stay there for long, anyway. It's truly awful.
fatjack
Reactions:

I think a lot are here, some like OMB are on the fence about a move. Either to here or MOMO.
voodoorat
Reactions:

huh? something happened? i took a nap.
Milkman
Reactions:

I feel like we're the old men in the Crimson Permanent Assurance building in the opening sketch of Monty Python's Meaning of Life...

"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Milkman wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:32 pm I feel like we're the old men in the Crimson Permanent Assurance building in the opening sketch of Monty Python's Meaning of Life...

That made me unreasonably happy.
brattmatter
Reactions:

WTF? Did anyone know this was coming?

And how do you add photos?
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Click on "full Editor & Preview" button below, and then you can just drag an image into the window. I still haven't really been able to get my head around how large they can be. They seem too small in all my posts.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

brattmatter wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:40 pm WTF? Did anyone know this was coming?

And no, I don't believe anyone other than Major Tom had a clue. We were all blind sided.
mickey
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:47 pm Click on "full Editor & Preview" button below, and then you can just drag an image into the window. I still haven't really been able to get my head around how large they can be. They seem too small in all my posts.
Originally they were about 250k but Patrick has reset that to 2 meg. :) Thank you Patrick!
JeffBeck
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:51 pm
JeffBeck wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:47 pm Click on "full Editor & Preview" button below, and then you can just drag an image into the window. I still haven't really been able to get my head around how large they can be. They seem too small in all my posts.
Originally they were about 250k but Patrick has reset that to 2 meg. :) Thank you Patrick!
Excellent. Maybe I'll be able to upload some properly.
sabrownfl
Reactions:

Now they've got something running on the back end at the old site changing any reference to this one back to .com. They even changed stuff in my profile.
Just another guy with way more gear than talent...
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

Just logged onto the original AGF...and saw the carnage. Thanks to Nick in the States, TMC, and TJ, I was notified to the disaster. Happy we have a new home!
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:48 pm
brattmatter wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:40 pm WTF? Did anyone know this was coming?

And no, I don't believe anyone other than Major Tom had a clue. We were all blind sided.
One of the things that Whizzed me off was the idea that after all the time and effort the Mods put in they were completely shit on and blindsided like everyone else. Who acts like that? Certainly LESS than Ethical and definitely Low Rent on Tom' part. :evil:
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

lightwingstudios wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:22 pm
JeffBeck wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:48 pm

One of the things that Whizzed me off was the idea that after all the time and effort the Mods put in they were completely shit on and blindsided like everyone else. Who acts like that? Certainly LESS than Ethical and definitely Low Rent on Tom' part. :evil:
It’s unfathomable to me that the mods were kept in the dark and they imploded the forum. Unbelievable.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

lightwingstudios wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:22 pm One of the things that Whizzed me off was the idea that after all the time and effort the Mods put in they were completely shit on and blindsided like everyone else. Who acts like that? Certainly LESS than Ethical and definitely Low Rent on Tom' part. :evil:
Well, as a shat upon former mod, I was really, really surprised by the whole thing. Of course, I was probably the least effective mod they ever had, too. So, there's that. Mickey wakes up before he ever goes to sleep and fixes all the problems.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:30 pm
It’s unfathomable to me that the mods were kept in the dark and they imploded the forum. Unbelievable.
I'd like to think I made them in some small way regret their treatment of not only the mods, but all the members who made that place what it was. I wish I could have done more than just inconvenience them a bit and piss them off enough to nuke me - but I did what I could. And NRussell was just as sneaky and underhanded as I was!
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

😳 Have to go back there and read everything! I missed when this went down...
mkgearhead
Reactions:

I know I wasn’t a member of the old forum very long, but I made it here. Thanks for having me.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

mkgearhead wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:48 pm I know I wasn’t a member of the old forum very long, but I made it here. Thanks for having me.
Glad to have you. The more the merrier.
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

:D Welcome to the partayyyyyyyyy :D
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
zisme
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:46 pm 😳 Have to go back there and read everything! I missed when this went down...
pretty wild. i believe Milkman is still leading a partisan war of sorts against on the Momoboard site

warmed my heart to see the community take such swift and decisive action to rally to this new stronghold (thanks again Patrick!)

as for the Momofukkers (Dan and MajorTom) - the lesson needed to be learned. Don't f*@k with AGF!
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
brattmatter
Reactions:

Well, to whomever created this site--and so quickly--thank you very much.

I'm positive that it was my 2,300-ish posts of nothing but amazing wisdom and self-promotion that inspired you all to start this site. ;)