NUAGD - Martin D15m

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

It has been a long time since I bought any gear, and I've also been somewhat vacant from AGF due to work, kids going to college, travel, etc. Having said that, we moved my daughter off to college last weekend, and she just so happens to be going to school at the university in my hometown alma mater. Which also happens to be in the same town as my most favorite guitar shop. I see many "campus" visits in my future :-). I had a few bucks in my account from an old trade, a gift card and also an Eastman acoustic I was not really bonding with and wanting to trade. My original intent was to buy a brand new Martin D-18 satin, which I have been gassing about for a long time. I don't really like spending that much on any guitar, but they are super hard to find used and not much less anyway. So i called ahead and asked them to have all the stock in that model ready if possible to pick one out. But, instead, the used D15m below came home with me at well under half the price of the d18 and honestly it played/sounded better than any of them. This is about as bare-bones as you can get in an American made/all solid wood dread from Martin, and it even has a satin finish which I much prefer to the modern glossy ones. ( All solid mahog back, sides, top and neck/rosewood board and bridge ) I also am not really a fan of the plastic binding on the D18/28/etc - i know that's blasphemy in the Martin world but i don't really care so much. Super low action, and the sound is quintessential Martin - loud and defined and super balanced in your hands.
IMG_0677.jpg
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Happy NGD! Love mahogany Martins. Probably a little louder than my 00015S, but that rich tone!
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

What a find! Happy new acoustic day!
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Congrats and welcome to the all mahogany Martin family. I have three and love them all. My favorite is the DRS1 which is a dreadnaught just like the 15 but made in Mexico. I have the all mahogany Dreadnaught Junior too. They hang side by side on the wall and get played daily. It took many years and thousands of dollars to shake out but an all mahogany Martin has one the competition. The voicing pleases my ear and they seem to go so well with my vocals, if that makes sense.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

That is a sweet looking guitar and itis a player to boot!

HNGD!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Spike
Reactions:

Love, love, love that guitar! Congratulations!
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine