"Lovin Cup" effort

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Today is my last day of mandatory Covid quarentine for work (5 days - and I needed every one of them). This go-around was much tougher than the first.

I'm finally feeling better and had the energy to record a 1.5-minute, hacked-down version of the Stones' "Lovin Cup." The solo took about 20 tries and I'm still not happy with it, but at some point you gotta say "good enough."

Suggestions appreciated.

Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
jhull54
Reactions:

Sounds great to me! Some tasty tone. I thought the solo was right on. Stones is always welcome in my ear. Is that the tele through the Princeton?
tlarson58
Reactions:

jhull54 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:53 pm Sounds great to me! Some tasty tone. I thought the solo was right on. Stones is always welcome in my ear. Is that the tele through the Princeton?
Thanks for the nice words. The rig is an Eastman 335 copy through a Quilter Superblock US.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tlarson58
Reactions:

Bump. Posted at 11:30. Off the board by 4:00.

Dunno.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Very nice work Tommy. Glad you are feeling better! BTW there was a young couple at our gig this past weekend that were here from Colorado. I told them Tommy Larson from Steamboat Springs. I forget where they lived but they said it was about an hour of so from you.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tlarson58
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:17 pm Very nice work Tommy. Glad you are feeling better! BTW there was a young couple at our gig this past weekend that were here from Colorado. I told them Tommy Larson from Steamboat Springs. I forget where they lived but they said it was about an hour of so from you.
Man. I live in Nowheresville. Maybe they're from Craig, CO or the Dillon/Frisco/Silverthorne area.

Can you tell us about the gig in another post (maybe add a pic)? That's more fun than this Jam Room effort.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Very nice! Is that you playing all instruments?
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
tlarson58
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:49 am Very nice! Is that you playing all instruments?
Everything but the drums and shaker. They screen recordings of two youtube loop spliced together in Reaper. No bass. It was at the practice room.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Spike
Reactions:

Nice job Tommy!
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
doc-knapp
Reactions:

Very enjoyable!!!
Partscaster
Reactions:

That sounds nice.
The jam group I partake in is also doing this song. I play the capoed guitar line.
We have a gal keyboardist who nails the intro and piano lines throughout the song.
On her first day playing with us I heard her play that intro....wow. Stop everything! What!!! I coudnt believe it.
Trying to get her to learn Exiles' "Turn It Loose", along with some Traffic/ Glad-Freedom Rider, and ABB stuff.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."