bromo brand acoustic guitars at rondo music

artandsoul
Reactions:

Rondo selling these bromo brand acoustic guitars now. Maybe Im wrong but I dont see some off brand 350.00 acoustic really selling great !? I guess theres better profit to be made on these over the cheaper electric sx or low end agile models anymore.

https://www.rondomusic.com/Bromo_BAR_1_HM.html
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Yeah, sad to see how it has changed.
RiverDog
Reactions:

Why would you put jumbo frets on an acoustic?
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
toomanycats
Reactions:

I just want to make jokes about the name “Bromo.” It sounds like it should be a 2000s Saturday Night Live skit with Chris Katan and maybe Alec Baldwin.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
kurtzentmaier
Reactions:

Honestly this was my first impression of this brand as well (both points).
However I think the days of great quality $99 Dreadnought guitars are probably over? and not everyone has fully adjusted to the post-covid price points.
After receiving some samples we found the quality on these to be quite exceptional. Consider also they mostly all have solid tops and most also have solid backs and sides. They do have a $199 price point model with a solid spruce top as well. I think that's still competitive.

As for the brand name, it's not our trademark (like, Agile, Brice, etc) and i agree some "westernization" of the brand would be helpful.

As for the comment on electrics - The SX electric price points (if we had continued to sell the SX) would be in a similar range ($300+ for most models) and I thought the price / quality ration for the electrics was just not there to justify continued stocking - I explain this point on our site with some detail...

Thanks for the continued interest...

Kurt
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Well, they are solid wood as opposed to laminate, which drives up the price.

Also, playing one relieves stomach upsets.

"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

So they start with a panoramic scene of the Rocky Mountains and then proceed to tell us the guitars are named after a volcano in Indonesia ???

Bromo Guitars draws their inspiration from the renowned Bromo volcano located in Indonesia. Nestled in the heart of East Java, a region blessed with abundant top-grade tonewoods, a temperate climate, fertile soil, and a vibrant community, our brand is steeped in the cultural richness of this area. Each year, atop Mount Bromo, one of the largest music festivals in the country unites music lovers, spreading the enchantment of Pacific Island melodies and the joy of music.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Rondo has never been known for creative marketing or naming really.... Hadean, Douglas to name a few.

The "Bat1" ( Firefly copyright infringement anyone? ) seems like a pretty solid ( pun intended ) spec for $199- Solid top, ebony board, maple binding, lam neck....https://www.rondomusic.com/Bromo_Bat1.html Satin finish too....I might actually try one of these out now that I think of it.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
dabbler
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:25 pm Rondo has never been known for creative marketing or naming really.... Hadean, Douglas to name a few.

The "Bat1" ( Firefly copyright infringement anyone? ) seems like a pretty solid ( pun intended ) spec for $199- Solid top, ebony board, maple binding, lam neck....https://www.rondomusic.com/Bromo_Bat1.html Satin finish too....I might actually try one of these out now that I think of it.
Please do. Because you have now stoked my almost dormant GAS virus. :evil: Get one and please come back and tell us that it is absolute trash so I can escape the FOMO I feel coming on. :(
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

dabbler wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:12 pm
uwmcscott wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:25 pm Rondo has never been known for creative marketing or naming really.... Hadean, Douglas to name a few.

Please do. Because you have now stoked my almost dormant GAS virus. :evil: Get one and please come back and tell us that it is absolute trash so I can escape the FOMO I feel coming on. :(
Yes, it's been a very long time since I bought anything from Rondo, or really any guitar for that matter. Unfortunately it looks like these are a pre-order for shipment in August.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

The 200$ solid top with an ebony board is intriguing.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I f'ing love a solid mahogany acoustic guitar. The price is right but I prefer guitars made on this continent. Plus I would have to find another retailer for Bromo, as I do not do business with Rondo.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
artandsoul
Reactions:

I'm not try[ng to bash the bromo brand at all there just unknown in usa and it will take years to be known imo. Seeing they have an ebony fretboard on a 199.99 acoustic is really nice and cheap for sure but the 1st post link i show is just butt ugly for 350 lol. Im sure if rondo/kurt says there quality builds I'm sure they are nice. How firefly, harley benton, and some sold on amazon guitar brands sell guitars so dam cheap still amazes me.

On a yt review a guy says its made by same company that makes sx?! who knows the truth. Here's a bromo factory tour video where they have there own shop and making tons of these acoustics.

"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:22 pm I f'ing love a solid mahogany acoustic guitar. The price is right but I prefer guitars made on this continent. Plus I would have to find another retailer for Bromo, as I do not do business with Rondo.
I didn't recall you have a falling out with them, anything you care to disclose? Just curious
I was a regular at rondo until the ERG takeover. Bstocks were such a fun hunt. I'd refresh that page multiple times a day!
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Looks like a shop down in Chinatown Bangkok is carrying the Bromo-Selzter line too. Many uears ago I traveled all the way down there on a hot day because they had advertised some Douglas Hollowbody that I wanted. When I got there they had one SX Strat in the shop, had to blow the dust off of it to see the aged and cracked plastics because it had sat in a hot sunny window for many years. I wonder if they will actually have anything in stock or they just promote the line due to some agreement.

https://www.hongsengmusic.com/product/a ... =&PriceTo=
guitaro
Reactions:

I ordered one of the solid top laminate back and sides cutaway models so will update when it arrives. The demo videos sound great for what that’s worth, which admittedly isn’t much. The quality of the wood looks awfully nice. I really like the look of the mahogany neck with ebony strips and the ebony fretboard and bridge. I thought about the solid wood rocky mountain series but in the cutaway model I ordered the price jumps from 200 to 500 so I couldn’t justify that when just taking a flyer on a new product. Plus I’m of the opinion that solid top makes a big difference but solid back and sides, little to none if the guitar is well made. My favorite best sounding acoustic I ever owned was a 1980’s Alvarez Yairi that had a solid top and laminate back and sides.