I have been deleted!

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mozz
Reactions:

Tried to ask to delete my old account.

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<support@momoboards.com>:
No mx record found for domain=momoboards.com

think it is momoboard, no"s"
AGF refugee
Chocol8
Reactions:

It's funny seeing them trying to fight a battle they already lost. There is no activity on MOMO, the old AGF is nothing but a bunch of F You and .net posts, meanwhile this quickly thrown together forum is thriving already. Its all over. Everyone who wants to find AGF will find it here. We have a long way to rebuild but we will and they wont. Idiots!
Kirobhan
Reactions:

MrM0964 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:56 pm The threads are locked, and the final posts in each referencing .NET are gone post lock.
Haha, my link text was updated to .com but my link url remained and still goes to .net

I used this as my link:

Https://www%2Eaguitarforum%2Enet

%2E is the html url encoding for a “.” Character so still works in a url.
Chocol8
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:04 pm Tried to ask to delete my old account.

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<support@momoboards.com>:
No mx record found for domain=momoboards.com
Who is the dumbass who gave you that address? the correct one is support@momoboard.com
Kirobhan
Reactions:

If they catch on to that next would be to use a tiny url for the link address
Kirobhan
Reactions:

HAHA, well looks like they nuked me too. I was posting an image link to the new URL and making it a clickable link using the modified URL. Oh well.
Kirobhan
Reactions:

And they deleted my image posts since they couldn't text edit it.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Kirobhan wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 pm HAHA, well looks like they nuked me too. I was posting an image link to the new URL and making it a clickable link using the modified URL. Oh well.
Damn I had some .net images instead of text, too. I wasn't quick enough to remember to add a link to them! D'oh!

Ah well, it's hard to be too concerned about bullshit that is rapidly disappearing in the rearview mirror.
mickey
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:38 pm
Kirobhan wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 pm HAHA, well looks like they nuked me too. I was posting an image link to the new URL and making it a clickable link using the modified URL. Oh well.
Damn I had some .net images instead of text, too. I wasn't quick enough to remember to add a link to them! D'oh!

Ah well, it's hard to be too concerned about bullshit that is rapidly disappearing in the rearview mirror.
Amen Bro!
Kirobhan
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:38 pm

Yup, I still have my avatar set to the display the new site address though. They didn't delete my account, just banned me, so it still shows on all my posts.

At what point to they let go of the death grip and realize their experiment failed.
mozz
Reactions:

"At what point to they let go of the death grip and realize their experiment failed."

Kind of like buying a Gibson then after the guy drives away you realize it's a Chibson.
AGF refugee
mozz
Reactions:

Just got this reply from momo, now if we all did this, there would be no archives. If they follow through that's another thing.

Greetings from MOMO BOARD.

We're sorry to hear that you’d like to delete your account.
We’ll be happy to assist here.

We’ve received your request to permanently delete all your data and contents from both aguitarforum.com and/or momoboard.com as well as from related products and services.

You’re welcome to sign up again at anytime with the same email address but previously uploaded contents will not be recovered as it’ll be permanently deleted from our system.

Due to COVID-19 situation, please allow us 2 weeks to process your request.
We’ll send you a confirmation email once your request is completed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best
MOMO BOARD Team
AGF refugee
mickey
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:49 pm "At what point to they let go of the death grip and realize their experiment failed."

Kind of like buying a Gibson then after the guy drives away you realize it's a Chibson.
That deserves a whole slew of "LIKE's" !!!
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

I noticed it I too. Your posts show up as a nameless face. I had to follow to where you were quoted to see your user name identified. It’s getting more tense over there with all the post editing by the admin (or his henchmen). Aguitarforum.net is a naughty word now
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
Mossman
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:55 pm
Mossman wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:54 pm Well they closed the "Major Tom" and "New Admin" threads on the old forum.
You missed the part earlier in this thread where jeffbeck said he closed them. :)
I must have thought he was talking about something else. I assumed they closed it because we were handing their asses to them.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Mossman
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:53 pm Just got this reply from momo, now if we all did this, there would be no archives.
That's what I said in another thread... If we can't get our content back, we shouldn't let them benefit from it.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
pdcorlis
Reactions:

Denying them clicks is important but so is denying them world class content. I get that they are booting “malcontents” left right and center, but if you request your account be deleted - that should include the threads you started. That is their promise to users in their Delete Account statement. I know it’s a Pyrrhic victory, but I’d love to leave them nothing more than an empty shell.
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

I feel like I want to leave all my shit up there, everything with my avatar and signature selling my guitar straps in all 15,500 posts. However long it lasts.
I do hope a few of us will stay as members over there to keep watch. I notice I have been stripped of dealer status, even though I am paid up until june 15.
I had a few extra thread-posting options I no longer have.
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
PsychoCid
Reactions:

It was a good run! We'll get in motion again as we pool over here
Chocol8
Reactions:

TVvoodoo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:51 pm I feel like I want to leave all my shit up there, everything with my avatar and signature selling my guitar straps in all 15,500 posts. However long it lasts.
I do hope a few of us will stay as members over there to keep watch. I notice I have been stripped of dealer status, even though I am paid up until june 15.
You do have reason to keep your content there so I wouldn't blame you for not deleting it. That said, their forum is not searchable by google or visible to non members so...
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

I search my biz fairly often, and to be fair, the old AGF was pretty low key when it came to google-ability, or any other search engine
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
PsychoCid
Reactions:

If you are deleted in Canada, are you deleted IRL??
Milkman
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:43 pm If you are deleted in Canada, are you deleted IRL??
Even if you're YUGE in Canada, you have a pretty tenuous relationship with real life.
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
Kirobhan
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:18 pm
TVvoodoo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:51 pm I feel like I want to leave all my shit up there, everything with my avatar and signature selling my guitar straps in all 15,500 posts. However long it lasts.
You do have reason to keep your content there so I wouldn't blame you for not deleting it. That said, their forum is not searchable by google or visible to non members so...
Hell, even as a momoboard member search didn’t work.
TheIrritableLuthier
Reactions:

Shit, I was on the fence about manually deleting all my old posts over there. Decided to go do that and the ability to delete my own threads is now gone. It was still an option yesterday.

Dirty bunch of futhermuckers!