Whats your' latest gear acquisition?

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
dabbler
Reactions:

nomadh wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:31 pm
Lamf77 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:37 am Been wanting one, in mint shape, for years......finally grabbed this weekend. Korean made Lemon/Amber burst? Not sure on official color. But Lazarus, Peter Green (unreliced) vibe. Even close to Ace? ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
I was going to ask why the epi over an agile then I saw the back. That is sooo much nicer that the typical redwash agile backside.
Very pretty
I hear ya. I'm so glad I got my AL-3000 neck-thru:
IMGP0821.JPG
IMGP0814.JPG
Partscaster
Reactions:

dabbler wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:20 pm

I hear ya. I'm so glad I got my AL-3000 neck-thru:

IMGP0821.JPG
IMGP0814.JPG
I remember those.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Partscaster
Reactions:

New gear....just ordered a Bearfoot FX Putting Green Compressor,...latest version of their Pale Green Compressor.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
honyock
Reactions:

I just picked up this these guys.

Mooer GE300 Lite Amp Modeling + Multi Effects
Stage Right SV28 *" studio monitors (I think I went too big...these are HUGE!)

I really like the Mooer as a desktop setup, though I need to get a wedge shaped stand to sit it at a little better angle. I also like that I can add two expression pedals (if I want to)

It has a Tone Capture option that I am going to see if I can capture some of my amps/pedals/cabs to compare.
2022-12-04 16.12.26.jpg
2022-12-04 16.12.33.jpg
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
jtcnj
Reactions:

idiotsdelight wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:46 pm Crazy good toploader (bought it for a Bigsby) tele copy. Full ash body thickness, thickish satin neck, & full Wilkinson spec'd. Heavy as fuck though. Wish I could add my own pic, but y'all get the stock photo. $132
Screenshot_20221105-200406_Chrome.jpg
What is that?
Link?
the regular Indio blonde tele only comes with rosewood, I wish I could have got the maple fretboard.
Partscaster?
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
jtcnj
Reactions:

I may have solved my dilemma ..........
jtcnj
Reactions:

This is the tele I had my eye on used for the right price for a few years now.
I was off it since I am pretty happy with the Indio tele, and recently added a few more guitars.

While agonizing over spending on a Sabbra Caddabra on Reverb, I came across a mint, open box Squier CV 50s Tele in White Blonde from Proaudiostar.
I was leery about that seller. The Squier prices went way up everywhere but seem to be coming down some.

I took a chance and it arrived in three days.
The "open box" end was not taped and the big staple on one side was pulled through, the other partially pulled out, but secure.

If it is used or a floor model, I cant tell besides a few finger print smudges on the chrome bits and some scuffs on the plastic film on the pick guard, which is lifted a bit near the controls.
Nothing that looks like pick scratches though. No dings scratches, etc.

It checks out fine, pretty playable out of the box.
A few of the tuners are a bit stiff / hard to turn, but dont appear bent or damaged.
I like it a lot.

I have other fish to fry for now before I can do a thorough set up, dress the nut, fret level if need be, etc.

20221208_175005.jpg
20221208_175140.jpg
20221208_192155.jpg
dabbler
Reactions:

Harley Benton MV-4JB Gotoh in their version of Burgundy Mist to keep my parts SX company (Harley Benton on the right):
PXL_20221204_000804514.jpg
Razzle
Reactions:
Gearlist: 2010 AL-2000 Goldtop Floyd
2013 AL-3200 Purple Quilt Floyd semi-custom
2017 AL-3100mcc Lemonburst Quilt Floyd

I've been looking for a natural ash tele but with binding, and I don't want a thinline. I haven't found one yet. I'm kinda trying to find a G&L since I love my G&L strat neck (sold all my fender strats and teles), and played a friend's G&L tele and sure enough it had a nice neck.

I saw these and they're close, a Squier 40th Anniv Vintage, they aren't ash but the vintage blonde looks kinda cool, and they have the binding I want (and they have a cool black anodized pickguard). But I just wasn't gonna pay the going rate of 600, and I wasn't crazy about an Indonesian guitar. I was just cruising around and found at Sweetwater a lingering Black Friday deal for 359 still active this last sunday, pretty good, almost 50% off. So I got lucky and found my local GC had one (but it was in Mocha) so I went down and played it. Surprisingly it played pretty good, the neck was thinner than the normal tele's (which I wouldn't buy ANY of those for that reason) and felt good and has a nice vintage roasted look, and it's satin finished which felt really good. The PUs were the weak part, the bridge wasn't bad but the neck was weak. I can prob find a set of good upgrades cheap enuff.

So I went home that night and pulled the trigger. I'm looking forward to it, even if I don't like it I can flip it.

voodoorat
Reactions:

rogue spider resonator roundneck.

got this thing as a musician's friend sdotd a while back for $200. i've made many attempts to learn to play slide worth a damn and have always failed but i'm hoping this might be close enough to a normal guitar that it isn't too uncomfortable to play but not so close that i'd rather just play the way i already know how to play in standard.

as far as the guitar itself, i've had it for maybe a week or so. i'm pretty happy with it as an intro-to-resonators. it feels pretty good and looks pretty good--i think the guts of it are clearly inferior to a "real" resonator though, it's not as loud as i'd expect (louder than a comparable standard acoustic but not as much louder than i'd expect) and the tone is closer to a normal acoustic than i'd expect considering it's coming from the spier code thing and it's all metal down there. it does sound metallic, and it sounds more like a resonator from the "front" than through my ears in playing position, maybe some of that is normal for roundneck resonators since they are projecting away from your ears.

anyway, pretty happy with it. i don't think it was a killer deal or anything and in my experience rogue are what they are: entry-level instruments that sound and play like entry-level instruments but are playable. that after having had rogues mandolin, this thing, a lap steel, a dreadnought, and a small-body acoustic. the small-body was the worst and both of the normal streel-strings definitely needed some setup but it wasn't that hard to make them decent to play. they were never going to sound amazing though. but for what they are just to dip your toes into something i think they're not bad really. just don't expect too much.

i've been playing it with brass and glass slides tuned to open g.
image.png
jtcnj
Reactions:

New Well-Hung strap!
Great match for the Dean v79.
The colors are hard to photograph as they change with the light / angle.
There is a bit more gold to the overall scheme.

Also got a set of the old school strap locks that add a couple of inches to the overall length.
Almost all my store bought straps are either too short to use on anything except a strat shape / longer upper bout, or at the longest length.
20230111_134418.jpg
20230111_172054.jpg
20230111_173925.jpg
RiverDog
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:26 am Got a fresh delivery of Well-Hung straps from our good buddy @TVvoodoo today - a custom strap he made for my custom Suhr (look at that match!) and a beautiful paisley I couldn't resist picking up that happens to pair really nicely with my HB Fusion T.

I know most of you guys here probably know his shop, but just in case someone's unaware it's here: https://reverb.com/brand/well-hung-1?pr ... ory=straps

And here's the strap pron (please click on the photos so they look normal, thumbnails are always super compressed)!
Bro that Suhr is absolutely magnificent. Does it play as sweet as it looks? My goodness...

Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
slowhand84
Reactions:

RiverDog wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:08 pm
slowhand84 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:26 am Got a fresh delivery of Well-Hung straps from our good buddy @TVvoodoo today - a custom strap he made for my custom Suhr (look at that match!) and a beautiful paisley I couldn't resist picking up that happens to pair really nicely with my HB Fusion T.

I know most of you guys here probably know his shop, but just in case someone's unaware it's here: https://reverb.com/brand/well-hung-1?pr ... ory=straps

And here's the strap pron (please click on the photos so they look normal, thumbnails are always super compressed)!
Bro that Suhr is absolutely magnificent. Does it play as sweet as it looks? My goodness...

Thank you! It absolutely plays and sounds as great as it looks. It is the highest end guitar I own (or will ever own) and although I got SUPER lucky and practically stole it for a fraction of the absolutely absurd new price...when you play it you can really understand why these command the price that they do.

My Kiesel Vader is still my #1 because headless is just my jam and Suhr unfortunately doesn't make those types of guitars, but this Suhr is the most "flawless" guitar I have ever owned or come across in 25 years of playing. Every centimeter of it is awe inspiring, John and his employees really do stunning work.

Few more pics here cuz the reverse headstock isn't in that other photo and is really neat:
Attachments
Suhr Custom Classic 1.JPG
Suhr Custom Classic 2.JPG
IMG_20190427_172341.JPG
golem
Reactions:

Got one of these and with help some @andrewsrea who lived two miles from the buyer tested it before I even got home.

I'm less of a power tube distortion addict than some, but it's still a nice tool to have. Got it for about $150 less than they typically go for used so that's a plus.

voodoorat
Reactions:

i got one of these
image.png
voodoorat
Reactions:

got this today. from my sleuthing i think it's a 1972. from the documentation the guy gave me it looks like it's had a blackface conversion, new caps, and a replacement verb tank in the past few years. it's not in bad shape for being slightly older than i am!
image.png
Flatline
Reactions:

One of these arrived yesterday. I haven't had time to try it out yet.
Capture.PNG
jtcnj
Reactions:

2022 SG Tribute, 490R/T pickups.
Used / Mint with a 1 yr store warranty.
Round neck profile, no neck dive - the 2 priorities I had.

It's great except: 3 of 4 pots dont turn smoothly with a grating feeling.
I am waiting to hear back from them on warranty service.
20230130_180802-2.jpg
20230130_181053-2.jpg
20230130_182047-2.jpg
20230130_182102-2.jpg
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

20230124_120138.jpg
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

A 10" Warehouse speaker for my Fender Super Champ XD. I am hoping to get a little more out of the amp than just a practice amp. We play some gigs at low volumes and it has enough ass but it could sound better.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Partscaster
Reactions:

Got these coming. 15$ each. 4 Reflector brand Soviet el84 tubes, . These 6p14p-k are military grade, so hopefully many thousands of hours, and are supposed to be most musical according to the Dr Z amp builder. These have the flying saucer shaped "getter" thingy hanging down in top of tube, supposedly something to check for, vs a washer shaped getter thingy.. A reverb vendor gets them from a Ukrainian guy who bought a warehouse of tubes.
vbgxnjxru2zowtcgcamy.jpg
I have one amp that uses 2 el84's, and my 5w Bugera which uses 1, and these should lift some headroom, plus last longer in that class A amp.
Partscaster
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:08 pm A 10" Warehouse speaker for my Fender Super Champ XD. I am hoping to get a little more out of the amp than just a practice amp. We play some gigs at low volumes and it has enough ass but it could sound better.
My brother just talked to me today about a warehouse 10' ceramic thats supposed to be very good.
He was gonna use on in a Princeton.
jtcnj
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:57 pm Got these coming. 15$ each. 4 Reflector brand Soviet el84 tubes, . These 6p14p-k are military grade, so hopefully many thousands of hours, and are supposed to be most musical according to the Dr Z amp builder. These have the flying saucer shaped "getter" thingy hanging down in top of tube, supposedly something to check for, vs a washer shaped getter thingy.. A reverb vendor gets them from a Ukrainian guy who bought a warehouse of tubes.

vbgxnjxru2zowtcgcamy.jpg

I have one amp that uses 2 el84's, and my 5w Bugera which uses 1, and these should lift some headroom, plus last longer in that class A amp.
I run the -EV variant in my 18w build. Sound great and last long. I think both the ruggedized -k and -ev variants are safe to run over the listed 250v max anode voltage, while the plain 6p14p is not. Read that somewhere...idk..... and the 18w runs @ 316V+ on the plates.
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

Anyone nostalgic for them old orange goop SX LTD strat necks? 'member them?

Thought so! Crystal gemified Paisley Royal partscaster completed in record time!
Only four years! About 26,243 of them, if you were wondering.

Don't feel goopy to me.
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
artandsoul
Reactions:

TVvoodoo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:51 pm Anyone nostalgic for them old orange goop SX LTD strat necks? 'member them?

Thought so! Crystal gemified Paisley Royal partscaster completed in record time!
Only four years! About 26,243 of them, if you were wondering.

Don't feel goopy to me.
its so cool! but is that the og pickguard or u got something diff to show of more of the top?
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao