What replaced your Agiles?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

Nothing has replaced mine. My goal had always sort been to not duplicate anything I owned. I broke that rule early in to finding Rondo when I got an AS-820 B-stock and loved it so much that I needed the AS-1000. I have since sold the 820 to a friend. I also bought a second fender Stratocaster while I was doing travel work, so that is essentially my only duplication of guitar types remaining.

2006 Al-3000M
2009 AS-1000
SX-SJM 57 in powder blue.

I have to agree, the AS-1000 is just so fantastic, I would never part with it. Usually if I have a second guitar with me at a gig , next to my 1994 Fender Strat, this is #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
PsychoCid
Reactions:

JimyTheAssassin wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:28 pm Nothing has replaced mine. My goal had always sort been to not duplicate anything I owned. I broke that rule early in to finding Rondo when I got an AS-820 B-stock and loved it so much that I needed the AS-1000. I have since sold the 820 to a friend. I also bought a second fender Stratocaster while I was doing travel work, so that is essentially my only duplication of guitar types remaining.

2006 Al-3000M
2009 AS-1000

I have to agree, the AS-1000 is just so fantastic, I would never part with it. Usually if I have a second guitar with me at a gig , next to my 1994 Fender Strat, this is #2.

Nice. What pickups are in your two Strats?
jtcnj
Reactions:

I never really bonded with the AL2000. It was heavy (play mostly standing) and after some time I realized the 1 5/8" nut just felt cramped. I have other Fender style guitars with that nut width that feel just fine.

The 2 (now 3) AXL LP types I built from that Ubuyguitars liquidation thing, and a used Gibson faded Studio handle my LP needs now. I play them the most of any.

The AD-3200 Natural Wide.
I LOVED everything about it except - bad neck dive.
It was 1 of 3 other P90 guitars that have come and gone (BWG Santa Fe and SX Liquid). The AXL P90 Jr. husk (mentioned above) I got recently from @honyock is finally the P90 guitar I have been searching for.
20220207_180845-2.jpg

I havent had much guitar time the last 2 weeks or so as we just got a rescue puppy.
My guitar play time has become puppy play / training time.
20220223_111833.jpg
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
MichaelR
Reactions:

I have all the guitars I need and most of them are Agile's. I play my one of my lp 2500's and my Gibson Futura most of the time. I doubt Ill ever sell any of them. If I were to buy another Guitar it would be a Heritage H-150. These days I need my money for other things related to keeping a roof over my head and healthcare.
Partscaster
Reactions:

jtcnj wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:00 pm I realized the 1 5/8" nut just felt cramped.

I found with my strats that I dont mind a 1-5/8th nut width at all, so long as the bridge string spacing goes to vintage 2-3/16" or 2-7/32".

And with this vintage bridge string spacing, a wider nut can lead to E/e strings becoming too close to edge of fretboard further up the neck, and I get string roll-off too much.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
mickey
Reactions:

My AS-1000 will have to be pried from my cold dead fingers!
AS1000-4.jpg
It came with the Bigsby, roller bridge, etc. NO mods on this Agile!

Not to mention my Harm which has T.V. Jones pickups. :)
Agile-Harm-2JPG.jpg
EDIT=
OOPS! I disremembered to mention that my favorite guitar I ever got from Rondo is the SX GG7 in my avatar! :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Like others I've been downsizing like a mad man. I guess what drew me away from Agile was weight I know I've said this before and I'm sure not putting out the "poor pitiful me" card I hate whining, but I have been in a wheelchair now for over a decade, I also have a metal cage wrapped around my spine and guitar weight has become a huge factor for me. What I have left is 4 electrics, a bass, both a 6 sting and 12 string acoustics. My main electric these days is my PRS SE Zach Myers Semi-hollow it's an older one built by World Music in Korea I imagine right alongside the Agiles. I don't know this for sure, but I like to think that the Korean made ones are better than those built by Cor-Tek in Indonesia. It weighs in at 7.48 Lbs. I put a set of SD Pearly Gates in it as well as a set of Gotoh Magnum locking tuners. Absolutely a pleasure to play.
I have a SX Strat replaced the electronics, TUSQ XL nut Fender MIM Tex-Mex pups
I still have my Agile PS900 I rebuilt it GFS ALINCO 2 P.A.F. Classics pups, Bourn pots paper in oil Caps, Gavitt wire, Switchcraft switch and output jack.
83 Gibson LP Studio did a thread here on that rebuild SD Slash pups, refret SS medium jumbo frets, Kluson Revolution Locking tuners.
Yamaha LL16D 6 string acoustic, Yamaha FG820 12 and an older Tobias Toby Bass. I am going to buy another 6-string acoustic because seems someone is always dropping by wanting to jam and no guitar with them. Since I've been so long winded, I will add pictures tomorrow.
PsychoCid
Reactions:

redman wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:09 pm Like others I've been downsizing like a mad man. I guess what drew me away from Agile was weight I know I've said this before and I'm sure not putting out the "poor pitiful me" card I hate whining, but I have been in a wheelchair now for over a decade, I also have a metal cage wrapped around my spine and guitar weight has become a huge factor for me. What I have left is 4 electrics, a bass, both a 6 sting and 12 string acoustics. My main electric these days is my PRS SE Zach Myers Semi-hollow it's an older one built by World Music in Korea I imagine right alongside the Agiles. I don't know this for sure, but I like to think that the Korean made ones are better than those built by Cor-Tek in Indonesia. It weighs in at 7.48 Lbs. I put a set of SD Pearly Gates in it as well as a set of Gotoh Magnum locking tuners. Absolutely a pleasure to play.
I have a SX Strat replaced the electronics, TUSQ XL nut Fender MIM Tex-Mex pups
I still have my Agile PS900 I rebuilt it GFS ALINCO 2 P.A.F. Classics pups, Bourn pots paper in oil Caps, Gavitt wire, Switchcraft switch and output jack.
83 Gibson LP Studio did a thread here on that rebuild SD Slash pups, refret SS medium jumbo frets, Kluson Revolution Locking tuners.
Yamaha LL16D 6 string acoustic, Yamaha FG820 12 and an older Tobias Toby Bass. I am going to buy another 6-string acoustic because seems someone is always dropping by wanting to jam and no guitar with them. Since I've been so long winded, I will add pictures tomorrow.
Glad you're able to enjoy playing! Sounds like a nice collection.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

My 4 Rondo offerings are still with me: 2008 Cherry Red Agile Harm 1 w/ magnets changed in the original P-90's, 2008 SX SJM-62 (Powder Blue) 2/ AMI Firebird pickups, 2009 Agile 2300 Jr w/ Duncan SM-3's and a 2009 SX Callisto Jr w/ Harpmaster Pure P-90's.

I've used the Harm on a bunch of recordings lately and will pick up the SJM-62 once every 2 weeks to fool with. I have no clue why I don't play the 2300 often, as I love it when I do. The Callisto sounds great, but has a wide-flat fretboard (close to 1.75" nut), which takes me an hour to get used to. But it sounds splendid.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
jtcnj
Reactions:

Forgot to mention: I got the used Gibson Studio faded after nearly pulling the trigger on an AL3200 lemonburst. The only thing that stopped me was the 10+lbs.

The plain jane Gibson is a hair over 7lbs, and plays great. It has the rounder (I dont think it is quite the 50's baseball bat from what I have read) neck profile vs. the 60's slim and I just love it.
The AXLs all have the rounder profile as well.
I prefer that significantly but happily play some of the others with the slimmer profile.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

I've still got my 3100, it could use a little soldering love, and some new straplocks (I'd like to go dunlop flushmount honestly). But my LTD V401DX was my number one for the better part of a decade, and then I got an LTD DV8 that's been my numero uno for a few years now. I think I've only used the 401 at gigs though, of course it's been an age since my last gig or band practice.
Thinned out the herd some, but I'm pretty sentimental so... it's not too terribly thin lol.

I've got the two Vs, the AL, Ibanez acoustic, modified gfs kit explorer, TWANG Tele, samick strat, shitty (nigh unplayable) old classical acoustic, dove 12 string, bolt on Rhoads, heavily modded gibson Baldwin LP.
Bugera 1960i is in storage, I've got my peavey classic vtx loaned to a buddy, and I have my Orange OR15+EVH112 right next to my PC, still only have the modtone mini tubescreamer clone hooked up, joyo ultimate drive on my pedal board and behringer wah also just sitting there waiting for me to use em lol, Scarlett 2i2 hooked up to the PC, and Ableton Live Lite for my DAW, NeuralDSP for my tones.

I do play my ibanez acoustic pretty often now that it's an option lol. Occasionally I'll fiddle on one of the others but I usually just grab a V and plug into the Scarlett and fire up either my DAW or the standalone Neural plug-in(s), or plug into my OR15.

Guess I've evolved from just playing the AL and the V401 through my bugera half stack all the time, to playing the DV8 through my Orange or PC at MUCH more reasonable volumes (especially considering I live in an apartment in the middle of town these days). The biggest change is all the shit I'm doing on the computer, that's been a whole new thing to play with/learn/explore and I can keep track of riffs and ideas better.

After the price hikes, I just couldn't justify grabbing another agile, there's just too many other fiddles I'd rather buy. Really wanna pick up a bass sometime, I've even got it picked out already lol.
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
adad
Reactions:

The last cheap guitar I bought that I liked was this Grote about a year and a half ago. It was $150- $160.
I liked this guys video. I may have mentioned it once before.

JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote:
JimyTheAssassin wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:28 pm Nothing has replaced mine. My goal had always sort been to not duplicate anything I owned. I broke that rule early in to finding Rondo when I got an AS-820 B-stock and loved it so much that I needed the AS-1000. I have since sold the 820 to a friend. I also bought a second fender Stratocaster while I was doing travel work, so that is essentially my only duplication of guitar types remaining.

2006 Al-3000M
2009 AS-1000

I have a 1996 American Lone Star Strat that came with Texas Special singles neck and mid, and a Seymour Duncan pearly gates in the bridge. My 1994 Mexican “squire series” is one I’ve put some work into. It has Wilde Bill Lawrence - Keystone singles. They’re a potted alnico pickup that’s supposed to capture the sound of a true vintage Strat pickup. Marketing aside, I absolutely love the sounds from them. Head and shoulders above the stock MIM ceramic pickups. And more chimey than the Texas specials by a little. I also upgraded the switch and pots. I can get some raunchy tones just with this guitar and my Tweed Deluxe clone.

AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
PsychoCid
Reactions:

JimyTheAssassin wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:11 pm
PsychoCid wrote:

2006 Al-3000M
2009 AS-1000

I have a 1996 American Lone Star Strat that came with Texas Special singles neck and mid, and a Seymour Duncan pearly gates in the bridge. My 1994 Mexican “squire series” is one I’ve put some work into. It has Wilde Bill Lawrence - Keystone singles. They’re a potted alnico pickup that’s supposed to capture the sound of a true vintage Strat pickup. Marketing aside, I absolutely love the sounds from them. Head and shoulders above the stock MIM ceramic pickups. And more chimey than the Texas specials by a little. I also upgraded the switch and pots. I can get some raunchy tones just with this guitar and my Tweed Deluxe clone.

Hot stuff!! Texas and Pearlies particularly interesting. Would love some vintage Strat sounds too, heck I don't have any functional single coils 'round here...