Whats your' latest gear acquisition?

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
NickintheStates
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:02 am
NickintheStates wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:13 am My latest is actually this pine body telecaster with a thin skin nitro that I've put together. I love this stupid thing and if you look at the combination of finish and super soft wood, it's already starting to relic itself naturally!

My latest full guitar is actually quite a bit cork sniffery... but there's a story. My first nice guitar was a quilt top cherry sunburst Agile AL2800DLX with the correct shape back in the Rondomusic.bigstep.com days. I do own that guitar again after a long delay... but I finally got a quilt top cherry Gibson Les Paul that inspired that original purchase.
Both very nice looking guitars and nice to see you again! I was just thinking, where the heck is @NickintheStates with all this tube amp discussion going on?
Hey Scott! The COVID era has been rough. I've probably played my tube amps 5 hours total in the last 18 months. It's been all Kemper just because of volume requirements. The family never leaves the damn house anymore!!!

I've also developed a mean Les Paul habit... I feel like I'm chasing collecting the rainbow!
golem
Reactions:

Picked up a MIJ 62 Reissue but with a twist.

The original neck was off and a warmoth neck was on instead. They'd also added EMG's DG20 set. I'm going to get @andrewsrea help and put the EMGs in my Elite to make a Gilmour'esque strat. If the original neck is good and the original pickups (included) still work, I'll sell that to recoup my costs. I'm not sure if I'll sell the neck. I like the idea of a Warmoth Radius Baritone neck. It seems like it has SS frets. But realistically, the only guitar to put it on is my American Special Jazzmaster as someone messed up the truss rod nut (works but it's nut is stripped). I've already got it tuned to D and love it like that. I'm really thinking Baritone tuning and B or C standard is the way to go.

I'll add some pictures tomorrow. The guitar is in parts right now. Planning on switching the tuners back to the original guitar.

My recollection has been that these use ceramic pickups so this is not surprising to me. People willing to pay MIA prices surprise me. Good wood. Decent hardware. Cheap pickups.
golem
Reactions:

I also picked this up:

I'm going to list it on Reverb, but I'm hardly serious about selling it. I love these models. It's basically mint though and I'd hesitate to play something this rare in that condition.
MrM0964
Reactions:
Gearlist: AGF join date - 1/13/13

37th birthday gift from the wife

Brand new 2021 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Custom
xkdvrax2djezxmsqb17i~2.jpg
yesca
Reactions:

That's a very nice guitar, Mr. Very nice indeed.
golem
Reactions:

Picked up one of these after selling another pedal on Reverb.
Lamf77
Reactions:

Firefly Black Matte Flying V! A most awesome guitar for under $250. Only issue is input jack is on inside of lower horn, so need a 90° input cable for sit down playing. Red trim knobs were added. Lights out Chicago!ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Quilter Labs UK Superblock

I delayed my New Amp Day critique to avoid honeymoon swooning.

This rig quickly surpasses bedroom levels in the 1 watt mode (using a 9v One Spot). I used the included 24v power supply at practice and man-o-man: this rig can move some air.

I set it on the Marshall mode and, besides a nudge on the drive knob (pre-amp), I leave it alone. Treble, Mid and Bass are just about perfect and only use a tweak depending on the guitar I use. I don't use the AC or AC boost selections. I can't hear the "chime," but I've never played one of those amps so I'm not sure what to be listening for.

I've been A/B-ing the direct out vs. mic'd cab tones. The DI is discernible only because the lack of room noise and a touch of high end.

I originally purchased a 10" speaker but liked the tone so much that I returned it for a open-box 12" neo speaker (not sure what it was but the asking price (new) was $150 more than the regular 12" so it must be better. Right?)

Love it. Pics are accompanied by manufacture's description.

R0010489.JPG

The SuperBlock UK
packs three classic amplifiers into the most extensible system you can fit on your pedalboard. Featuring JMP, AC Normal, and AC Top Boost voicings, the SuperBlock UK has all of your classic UK amp needs covered. For the first time, we are excited to offer all of tonal secrets in a pedal format along with our first AC voicings. Fitting into a slot about the size of a double width pedal, the SuperBlock fits the power of a 25 watt tube amp right on your pedalboard when powered by our PS-24. For quieter applications you can also power it with a conventional 9v power supply for 1 watt of power. Features include two Cab Sims and an FRFR mode on the XLR Out and headphone out, three classic voices, Limiter, Reverb, and an effects loop.

12" Speaker - I nabbed an open box for a sweet deal.
The BlockDock 12CB takes Celestion's finest 250 watt Neo guitar speaker and Quilter's signature light-ply construction and delivers a 12 inch cabinet capable of insane volume and incredible tone. With all the throaty power and balanced response the Copperback delivers, this will be an instant favorite for players looking for a lightweight, yet incredibly powerful and toneful experience.
R0010488.JPG
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
golem
Reactions:

Welcome to the Quilter club @tlarson58. I mean to get one of those but saw RJ Ronquillo's demo of the OD202 and was just sold that it was the version I had to have. I definitely wanted one of Quilter's lightweight speakers. Nothing else on the market really fits that niche for that much power at that weight.

I think that is a superb piece of kit. Probably the best thing one could buy is space and weight is an issue.
mickey
Reactions:

Well, my favorite PC has long had a Radio Shack stereo amp driving a pair of 1970's Telefunken bookshelf speakers which made my ears happy.
The other night the Radio Shack amp decided to release the "magic smoke" and stop working.
I quickly slapped a pair of HP PC speakers on it but could not live with the results.
I checked Best Buy's website and found they have Edifier (brand) R1280T (model) "amplified near field monitors" for $99.99 + tax.
I'd never heard of them but they were cheap & I could have them NOW vs shipping!

So far, I've been pleasantly surprised. Connection couldn't have been easier (they even come with a cable for connecting them to a PC.)
And they sound really good (to my ears) whether playing the StarWars soundtrack or guitar music.
I'm pleased. :D

EDIT: Disremembered to mention they even come with a remote control which allows you to mute them and +/- the volume.
Also the built in amp = 42 watts. (or 21 watts per channel L/R.)
4" woofers.

https://techreviewadvisor.com/edifier-r1280t-review/
Gandalf the Intonationer
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:34 pm Well, my favorite PC has long had a Radio Shack stereo amp driving a pair of 1970's Telefunken bookshelf speakers which made my ears happy.
The other night the Radio Shack amp decided to release the "magic smoke" and stop working.
I quickly slapped a pair of HP PC speakers on it but could not live with the results.
I checked Best Buy's website and found they have Edifier (brand) R1280T (model) "amplified near field monitors" for $99.99 + tax.
I'd never heard of them but they were cheap & I could have them NOW vs shipping!

So far, I've been pleasantly surprised. Connection couldn't have been easier (they even come with a cable for connecting them to a PC.)
And they sound really good (to my ears) whether playing the StarWars soundtrack or guitar music.
I'm pleased. :D

EDIT: Disremembered to mention they even come with a remote control which allows you to mute them and +/- the volume.
Also the built in amp = 42 watts. (or 21 watts per channel L/R.)
4" woofers.
Not possible to get new amplifier for old speakers ?
mickey
Reactions:

Problem being to find one to fit the location where it has to go. Got to fit the space available. And Radio Shack went belly up a dozen or more years ago.
The monitors put the amp inside the speaker enclosure which solved the problem.
Gandalf the Intonationer
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I actually use the edifiers to amplify my Eleven Rack. When on sale through Amazon, they are a scorching bargain.

The only issue I have had with them is they seem to have not enough or too much bass.

And they are also decent bluetooth speakers!
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
SamIV
Reactions:

Another PRS. Merry Christmas to me.
42B1969D-D9B1-4EAC-BAD2-5DDB55A7F649.jpeg
4EEECECB-E551-4F15-90D3-7062460903F0.jpeg
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:26 am Problem being to find one to fit the location where it has to go. Got to fit the space available. And Radio Shack went belly up a dozen or more years ago.
The monitors put the amp inside the speaker enclosure which solved the problem.
Near my place in NJ there was a K-Mart shopping center, which included a Radio Shack and a Quiznos Sub Shop which had some of the best hot sandwiches ever. By 2014, the Radio Shack, the K-Mart and the Quiznos were history, replaced by a Dollar Store, and Office Depot and a very unmemorable (and barely edible) pizza place. The times they are a changin'
golem
Reactions:

Someone on another forum was selling pedals at very reasonable prices. Bought this because currently they're rising in price because they're associated with Joe B. I'm pretty sure that despite the Dumble like naming it's a modded version of one of Way Huge's existing pedals. But hey, what do I know.

Rollin Hand
Reactions:

20211225_080635.jpg
This count?

Merry Christmas!
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
slowhand84
Reactions:

Got this a couple weeks ago, still really really loving it. Blown away by the quality!

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:35 am Got this a couple weeks ago, still really really loving it. Blown away by the quality!

Harley Benton ?
slowhand84
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:46 am
slowhand84 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:35 am Got this a couple weeks ago, still really really loving it. Blown away by the quality!

Harley Benton ?
Yep, it's a Fusion T. Full thread here: https://aguitarforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2700
chimi42
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:59 pm

Harley Benton ?
Yep, it's a Fusion T. Full thread here: https://aguitarforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2700
Hey slowhand. Curious if you’ve ordered any strats from guitar center in the last two days? There were a few partscasters listed in Texas that had your name all over them
slowhand84
Reactions:

chimi42 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:52 pm
slowhand84 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:59 pm

Harley Benton ?
Hey slowhand. Curious if you’ve ordered any strats from guitar center in the last two days? There were a few partscasters listed in Texas that had your name all over them
Saw 'em but those weren't my style...no noticeably high end parts plus they were "reliced", which is 100% not for me.
chimi42
Reactions:

Jackson Ke1. Marty Friedman model. Still needs to get cleaned up, stringed up, etc but you don’t see these too often.
Attachments
B816866E-D010-42C1-8EC6-7D9E7CC7E403.jpeg
76968FDD-BF21-4A2F-9BC0-132D870FEA7F.jpeg
jtcnj
Reactions:

Squier CV 50s Strat, used, listed as mint. Has a wonky vol pot, but an Alpha was sent to the PO from Sweetwater, and included in sale.

Never showed on estimated delivery date of Dec. 24.
UPS lost the package, or somehow shipped it to Sweetwater, who contacted the seller / shipper.
Seller called me to tell me Sweetwater had package and was working it out with UPS.

UPS would not issue a pre-paid shipping label.
UPS tracking still says "an investigation has been opened".
UPS sucks.

Sweetwater shipped it to me Fedex on their dime.
EDIT: The sales rep who handled this is Matt Christopherson.
Matt Rocks!
Sweetwater Rocks!

Never showed on delivery day, while tracking had it listed as "on vehicle for delivery".
updated to Delayed, then sched for Tuesday, Jan 3. It came Monday.
What a queasy ride.

Anyway, it is really mint, like I couldn't tell it from another new out of the box.
Needs nut work and the vol pot replaced.
The fret ends are okay but it could benefit from a full fret dress as far as level.
Tuners are ok enough they will stay.

Set up was really buzzy.
String action was really low and the relief flat, maybe even back bowed since I had to turn the truss rod more than I would have thought. Set up the trem screws and claw / float. Stays in tune well, I am pleasantly surprised.

I like it a lot.
I have the backplate.
20220103_182056.jpg
20220105_063039.jpg
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

Picked up early Dec but finally got around to a half decent pic with creme spinners

Hamer SATF 2002 ish, MIK
Just listen to the sustain!

Found at a music store, traded some straps for resale. Told me he didn't care for DCs, now everybody's happy.
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories