Well It Took Them Long Enuff...LOL!

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Chocol8
Reactions:

lightwingstudios wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:14 pm

You're right...Assuming the DB migration went perfectly (it didn't of course because their Backend DB isn't mapped field for field like the Old AGF one.

It didn't and blew up in thenever tried a datatbase ir face.

Bloody Rookies. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They have been involved with Major Jackass for months and never tried a database migration before the attempted cut-over? How stupid can they be?
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:59 am
tobijohn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:55 am
UrenragK wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:35 am

It's still high on Google, so if it's there but closed it's still a pointer to MoMo . . .
I suppose they could accomplish the same thing by just redirecting aguitarforum.com to MOMO AGF but obviously there's got to be something else going on. They can't be that incompetent, can they?
Based on their performance so far . . .
FARKIN' "A"...AND "B"! :)

Apparently they NEVER considered a member starting a new, competing board in less than a week, a mass exodus/migration of membership and a TOTAL SPAM DUMP on the site they just bought by those same exiting members as a possibility. BWAHAHAHA!
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
honyock
Reactions:

lightwingstudios wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:09 pm
honyock wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:00 am
Chocol8 wrote:
There's actually a third one over on MOMO called Aguitarfourm1 that remains open and publicly viewable. It was created by "F*** MOMO" aka PeskyPesky and for some reason (incompetence) they haven't deleted it yet!
that is the problem with their boards concept. You can literally make a new board with a direct link in mere moments.

momoboard.com/aguitarforum2

should just spam every misspelling of aguitarforum as boards to snag people and point them here...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Who started that one up on MOFO? Give 'em a Medal and a 6-Pack. ROFLMAO!
and another

momoboard.com/aguitrforum

I could do it all day if I wanted.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Chocol8
Reactions:

momoboard.com/aguitarforum.net
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:41 pm momoboard.com/aguitarforum.net
DELETED...by?
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
tobijohn
Reactions:

lightwingstudios wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:26 pm
tobijohn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:55 am

I suppose they could accomplish the same thing by just redirecting aguitarforum.com to MOMO AGF but obviously there's got to be something else going on. They can't be that incompetent, can they?

Apparently they NEVER considered a member starting a new, competing board in less than a week, a mass exodus/migration of membership and a TOTAL SPAM DUMP on the site they just bought by those same exiting members as a possibility. BWAHAHAHA!
There's a spam dump in progress on their new board as well.

Individuals in venture capital and private equity funding know how to weed out the amateurs so I don't see how the startup money could have come from anyone other than friends, relatives and acquaintances and I doubt that there was that much to begin with. I suspect Major Tom's compensation is in a piece of the MOMO action as he's been working with them for months, I wouldn't be surprised if the developers got the same sort of deal. Once things went south, they would have brought in a pro to sort things out but they have not, probably because they can't afford it and can not go back to their original source for more funds. I'm not in the industry but I would also think also that all the time they've invested in this project is pretty much down the drain as well. I suspect that they're screwed on both sites, they can't resurrect the old one now and the new one is hopelessly messed up and without throwing a lot more money at it, it won't get any better. Poking around on the MOMO site, I couldn't find another board with more than a few dozen posts so AGF was probably their first attempt at integrating an existing site into MOMO. As to why AGF, I suspect that Major Tom and the MOMO guy some industry connection and because the AGF site had little value, Tommy thought he could parlay it into something more profitable than a straight out sale of the site would bring him.

Anyway, that's just one guy's opinion, we'll never really know...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
Houblues
Reactions:

The job ads they posted for tech people didn't have terribly great salaries given the location. And any tech person worth his salt would have done some research into what he was getting into and run the other direction. I doubt they even have the native technical expertise to hire the right people. Yes, I think they've created themselves a mess. I wonder if the old site will show up for sale soon?

I agree that Tom joined forces with MOMO. I'm starting to think both Tom and the buyer are of a kind. Each one misrepresented what they had and they are both just now figuring out they've been sold a bill of goods. :lol: :lol:
Chocol8
Reactions:

Most of the funding I could find record of came from a VC firm that is now defunct. Clearly not a quality firm and not a quality investment.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:38 pm Most of the funding I could find record of came from a VC firm that is now defunct. Clearly not a quality firm and not a quality investment.
Burt wasn't that from several years ago? If so, I doubt much, if any of that money was used on this project...
Houblues
Reactions:

The last funding we know about was a million, last July - https://angel.co/company/momoboard/funding
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Houblues wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:54 pm The last funding we know about was a million, last July - https://angel.co/company/momoboard/funding
Well, that was clearly money well spent! What a disaster. And it might have been easily avoided by being honest with the forum and letting us know what was going on and what to expect. Instead we got that ham-fisted clusterf*ck.

I wonder what other well-managed projects that money was spent on?
honyock
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote:
Houblues wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:54 pm The last funding we know about was a million, last July - https://angel.co/company/momoboard/funding
Well, that was clearly money well spent! What a disaster. And it might have been easily avoided by being honest with the forum and letting us know what was going on and what to expect. Instead we got that ham-fisted clusterf*ck.

I wonder what other well-managed projects that money was spent on?
probably micro dosing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Did you notice the valuation was $7.5M? I wonder how the info on that site is validated?

Upon further review, it looks like MOMO provides that information...
JeffBeck
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:07 pm
Did you notice the valuation was $7.5M? I wonder how the info on that site is validated?

Well, that seems legit. Have I ever told you about my Squier Bullet that I personally have valued at $75,000?
Chocol8
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:07 pm

The valuation information is ALWAYS pure BS. For example, a VC might put in a $1 million for a preferred series D share. Those shares may have a preference for the first $2 million in distributions plus its percentage share of remaining proceeds. Clearly those shares are much better to own than the common shares that only collect after preferred D, preferred C, preferred B and preferred A all get their preferences. The VC industry and media like to inflate values so they pretend all the shares are worth the same. So if the D investors paid $10 per share and there are a total of 750,000 shares, they will say 750k x $10 = $7.5 million. In truth, only 100,000 D shares are worth $10. The other preferred shares might be worth less than a dollar and the common shares might be worth a penny or two. The entire thing might be worth $1.2 million after getting the $1.0 million in new investment, NOT $7.5!
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

All in all, this couldn’t have gone any better! MoFo has nothing...nothing.
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
Frozensoda
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fender Standard Stratocaster
Fender LT25 Amplifier
Apogee Jam
Agile AmpKit(app)

I finally asked them to remove me as a member.
The MOMO AGF is just a sad, empty, poorly laid out mess.
dzello
Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile AL-2000
Douglas SI-13
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Ibanez GSR200
Brice HXB 6
Yamaha F325D
Jay Turser JT200

Got banned too after 12 years. Wasn't posting very often, but visited the forum almost everyday.

Don't know how the forum business works these days, but Facebook is major actor in the field... Not sure momoboard's business has any chance of success. I work in IT for almost 20 years and today was the first time I heard about them. It's a shame an administrator decided to sell a forum without asking a well established member to take over.
mickey
Reactions:

dzello wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:19 pm Got banned too after 12 years. Wasn't posting very often, but visited the forum almost everyday.

Don't know how the forum business works these days, but Facebook is major actor in the field... Not sure momoboard's business has any chance of success. I work in IT for almost 20 years and today was the first time I heard about them. It's a shame an administrator decided to sell a forum without asking a well established member to take over.
I believe we are in good shape here. Patrick was @AxeGlove on the old AGF and was around as long or longer than I was.
Personally, I quit being concerned with MooMoo Bored about a week ago when I came over here. Slowly all the bugs are
being worked out & most of the cool kids are already here. :)
Gandalf the Intonationer
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Frozensoda wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:14 pm The MOMO AGF is just a sad, empty, poorly laid out mess.
That sums is up pretty well, actually.
pratteman
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:08 pm
lightwingstudios wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:26 pm

There's a spam dump in progress on their new board as well.

Individuals in venture capital and private equity funding know how to weed out the amateurs so I don't see how the startup money could have come from anyone other than friends, relatives and acquaintances and I doubt that there was that much to begin with. I suspect Major Tom's compensation is in a piece of the MOMO action as he's been working with them for months, I wouldn't be surprised if the developers got the same sort of deal. Once things went south, they would have brought in a pro to sort things out but they have not, probably because they can't afford it and can not go back to their original source for more funds. I'm not in the industry but I would also think also that all the time they've invested in this project is pretty much down the drain as well. I suspect that they're screwed on both sites, they can't resurrect the old one now and the new one is hopelessly messed up and without throwing a lot more money at it, it won't get any better. Poking around on the MOMO site, I couldn't find another board with more than a few dozen posts so AGF was probably their first attempt at integrating an existing site into MOMO. As to why AGF, I suspect that Major Tom and the MOMO guy some industry connection and because the AGF site had little value, Tommy thought he could parlay it into something more profitable than a straight out sale of the site would bring him.

Anyway, that's just one guy's opinion, we'll never really know...
Well that went well for them I guess
"No matter where you go, there you are."
AGF Refugee-5159