New stuff SX advanced orders, 3010se b stock

Mossman
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:26 pm
LightWingStudios wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:37 pm A HARM @ $500 + shipping? Pass. :)
I think it's a realistic price actually. Yes, we'd all love to be paying early 2000's prices but those days are gone. Add on all the supply chain issue and shipping increases on top of the general inflation over 20 years and he could probably sell them at $600 pretty easily.

Where else can you find a good quality, SKorean built semi-hollow with an ebony fretboard for $500? Schecter or other bigger brands who also have guitars built in the same WMI factory would definitely be charging more for the same guitar.
I agree... When I bought my last Harm, I think it cost $430 and that was over 10 years ago. Granted, it was a 12-string, but if one showed up now for $530, I probably wouldn't kick up much of a fuss.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Mossman wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:20 pm I agree... When I bought my last Harm, I think it cost $430 and that was over 10 years ago. Granted, it was a 12-string, but if one showed up now for $530, I probably wouldn't kick up much of a fuss.
To me the most promising aspect is that there are indeed multiple models creeping back into the lineup - we've now seen a harm, a sprinkling of AL's, a boatload of SX product, etc. Sure they are few and far-between, but it indicates that the rumoured demise of Rondo Music was a bit premature once again.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
dabbler
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:30 pm If that Harm had soap bar P90's and fret markers I would be placing an order.
Well, your money is probably safe then. I've never seen a Harm with fret markers. ;)
Chocol8
Reactions:

dabbler wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:51 pm
Chocol8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:30 pm If that Harm had soap bar P90's and fret markers I would be placing an order.
Well, your money is probably safe then. I've never seen a Harm with fret markers. ;)
That’s why I haven’t bought one in the last dozen years.
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

zisme wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:18 pm if they bring back the liquid with the jm trem, i don't think i could resist...

liquid.jpg
I have an extra ash SJM with the jazzmaster trem from the very first run that Rondo sold if you're interested.
It's not in perfect shape though.
Just message me if you're interested
uwmcscott
Reactions:

dabbler wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:51 pm Well, your money is probably safe then. I've never seen a Harm with fret markers. ;)
I always thought that was the case too but lo and behold Kurt always had something up his sleeve just when you think you've seen it all. I would bet there may have been a handful of customs that had inlays too, but probably not many.

https://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_Harm_3_12_Nat_Ash.html
mighty_duck
Reactions:

dabbler wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:51 pm
Rejected green semi-custom. One man's junk is another duck's treasure.
image.png
mighty_duck
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:26 pm
LightWingStudios wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:37 pm A HARM @ $500 + shipping? Pass. :)
I think it's a realistic price actually. Yes, we'd all love to be paying early 2000's prices but those days are gone. Add on all the supply chain issue and shipping increases on top of the general inflation over 20 years and he could probably sell them at $600 pretty easily.

Where else can you find a good quality, SKorean built semi-hollow with an ebony fretboard for $500? Schecter or other bigger brands who also have guitars built in the same WMI factory would definitely be charging more for the same guitar.
It is *probably* not built by WMI, but by another S Korean plant.
The back of the headstock has the serial, which begins with A, same as the AL-3010SE's. WMI guitars begin with a W.
Chocol8
Reactions:

That natural one has too many strings attached, but the green one looks hot!
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Why am I considering pre-ordering a headless guitar...
image.png
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
Chocol8
Reactions:

RockYoWorld wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:26 pm Why am I considering pre-ordering a headless guitar...

image.png
Because you are web shopping while high? :mrgreen:
DonM
Reactions:

user_id=191]
aullucci wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:42 pm
Chocol8 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:16 pm Also stop tail Liquids. Price is now $199. Feels like the Carter years with double digit inflation across the economy except official sources are still pretending it isn't happening.
The Liquids are back? That was the most GAS-inducing guitar Rondo had for me. There was a time when I desperately wanted to be in the Liquid Owner's Club. I thought those days had passed. Now they're trying to suck me back in!
Come on in, the water's fine!

IMGP3071a.jpg
[/quote]

Was playing mine tonight. Always wanted the two pickup model but the inventory of Liquids was getting thin and all that was showing in red was three pickups. Glad I got it when I did.
69D99A81-720C-46EC-9B1D-1B4AEA8EB94F.jpeg
tobijohn
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:14 pm No Harm 3/12 - No care.
Yeah, I might be tempted by a $500 lefty Harm 12 string depending on the finish...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
Mossman
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:30 am
Mossman wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:14 pm No Harm 3/12 - No care.
Yeah, I might be tempted by a $500 lefty Harm 12 string depending on the finish...
Oh, I think for me it would have to be the 3TS finish, like the one I had before... That finish was a work of art.

Should I post a gratuitous pic? Yeah, I think I'll post a gratuitous pic:

FullEd1.jpg

Ok, I'll post two... don't break my arm!

FullVertAngle.jpg
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
tobijohn
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:46 pm
Oh, I think for me it would have to be the 3TS finish, like the one I had before... That finish was a work of art.

Should I post a gratuitous pic? Yeah, I think I'll post a gratuitous pic:

Ok, I'll post two... don't break my arm!
I've said it before, your old 12 string Harm is my favorite Agile of all time. I'd take a 3TS in a micro second but if i could get that top in CSB then my life would be complete...
mickey
Reactions:

I do not believe there was ever a CSB harm. The closest thing to that was the FG which I think was for the Rick finish Fire Glow.
See @mighty_duck's picture above.
Gandalf the Intonationer
tobijohn
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:03 am I do not believe there was ever a CSB harm. The closest thing to that was the FG which I think was for the Rick finish Fire Glow.
See @mighty_duck's picture above.
Do you mean a lefty CSB 12 string Harm or any lefty 12 string Harm? I've never been able to find any examples of a lefty 12 string Harm but the very first guitar I ever bought from Rondo was a lefty CSB plain top 6 string Harm:
Attachments
P1020874.JPG
mickey
Reactions:

What I was meaning is that I do not remember ever seeing a Harm called CSB by Rondo.
For reasons I never understood, the ones I would call CSB Rondo called FG???
Am I mistaken?
Gandalf the Intonationer
tobijohn
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:01 am What I was meaning is that I do not remember ever seeing a Harm called CSB by Rondo.
Am I mistaken?
Yes, you're right. I guess FG stands for FireGlo like Rickenbacker. However, the 330 I have really has little if any amber in the finish.

https://www.rondomusic.com/harm1fgleft.html
uwmcscott
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:14 am Yes, you're right. I guess FG stands for FireGlo like Rickenbacker. However, the 330 I have really has little if any amber in the finish.

Color aside, could anyone confirm what kind of routes are used on the harms with the "toaster" pickups? Are they unique to that pickup or similar to either a P90 or Mini-hum route ( which I know are both slightly different ). In the photos they appear that they might be bigger than a P90/MHB due to the metal lip around the outside of the pickup, but it's hard to say. Has anyone ever removed one?
tobijohn
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:25 pm
Color aside, could anyone confirm what kind of routes are used on the harms with the "toaster" pickups? Are they unique to that pickup or similar to either a P90 or Mini-hum route ( which I know are both slightly different ). In the photos they appear that they might be bigger than a P90/MHB due to the metal lip around the outside of the pickup, but it's hard to say. Has anyone ever removed one?
IIRC, this came up once before and the routs are different enough so that the mini-hum and P90 pickups are not interchangeable. I'll try to check the rout between the Harm 3 w/minis and the Harm 1s with P90s later tonight but it might have to wait until the weekend...
uwmcscott
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:40 pm IIRC, this came up once before and the routs are different enough so that the mini-hum and P90 pickups are not interchangeable. I'll try to check the rout between the Harm 3 w/minis and the Harm 1s with P90s later tonight but it might have to wait until the weekend...
I do know that there is a difference between mini-hum and P90 routes, but I think these "toaster" pickups may be a third different animal yet?
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I've wanted to find this out too... specifically whether I would be able to swap my Harm's toaster pickups for P90s without having to dress them with some sort of rings. A lot of projects have jumped in front of that one, but it stays on my mind. By eyeball, it appears close enough to be possible without any routing, but all I did to check that was hover P90s over the toasters.
mickey
Reactions:

I believe (thus I could be wrong) that two of the three are of the same size but my memory fails me on which two.

Soap bars & mini hums?
Soap bars & toasters?
Toasters & mini hums?
Gandalf the Intonationer
mickey
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:14 am
mickey wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:01 am What I was meaning is that I do not remember ever seeing a Harm called CSB by Rondo.
Am I mistaken?
Yes, you're right. I guess FG stands for FireGlo like Rickenbacker. However, the 330 I have really has little if any amber in the finish.

Never knew you had 330 Harms!?!?!?!? :D
Gandalf the Intonationer