Color me P.O.'d!!! --- YouTube Thread.

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mickey
Reactions:

I have for somewhere between 10 & 14 years had a YouTube account & posted a number of videos to it.
Yesterday I tried to log on to it and it was missing.
Then I started searching for my videos by the names I gave them. And none were there.

My main problem is there are several I do not have a copy of because they were "safe" on youtube, right???

Bummer.
Gandalf the Intonationer
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

That sucks!

I hope you find them.

I read recently the YT has some bad mojo going on (besides stepping all over the 1st amendment) and Roku is no longer providing their app to new Roku customers. I am waiting for a YT replacement to rise on the internet, unconstrained like YT once was.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Mossman
Reactions:

YouTube is a censorious propaganda mill that deletes user accounts with impunity if they don't like your opinions. Thousands of channels have been purged, many more are permanently demonitized/shadow banned, with no other explanation that that you violated some UNSPECIFIED community guideline, and they won't even tell you that much unless you ask them.

Unfortunately, starting another video platform that can seriously compete with YouTube is a daunting task without the power of Google behind you. What needs to happen is all social media should have their Section 230 protection removed, but under the current administration, that's unlikely to happen.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

mickey wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:43 pm I have for somewhere between 10 & 14 years had a YouTube account & posted a number of videos to it.
Yesterday I tried to log on to it and it was missing.
Then I started searching for my videos by the names I gave them. And none were there.

My main problem is there are several I do not have a copy of because they were "safe" on youtube, right???

Bummer.
BIG unhappy face emoji. I'll start backing mine up with, what?, scfreen recordings of the ones that I don't have the original files of anymore (most of them). Like you, I use it for a shelf to keep my vids in one place.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
OMB
Reactions:

Mickey - Are you sure you signed in with the right account? I know a dumb question but I have two YT accounts with the same name for some reason and one has a couple vids I uploaded and the other has NADA. Click on your account pic and see if there is another account?
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
mickey
Reactions:

I had a single YouTube account. Now I have none. Can't get there from here.
Gandalf the Intonationer
mickey
Reactions:

Messing with it again today. Still no account but youtube could find a few of my videos!

Gandalf the Intonationer
Zipslack
Reactions:

It's too bad the videos got flipped backwards. ;)

Hope you get it straightened out, but I wonder if you got DMCA/copyright takedown.
mickey
Reactions:

Zipslack wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 pm It's too bad the videos got flipped backwards. ;)

Hope you get it straightened out, but I wonder if you got DMCA/copyright takedown.
I have no idea. I've not been active on it since my wife died (in 2017) so I thought that might be why they killed it?

Backwards? I don't see anything backwards!
Gandalf the Intonationer
tobijohn
Reactions:

Something is off, if you click on the name of the account (mortimer snerd) for any of those three videos, you just see ones of the AS-1000and Zelda, your old dog, neither of the acoustic videos are listed. Same thing if you click on the user name in the Zelda video or acoustic videos...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Sorry to hear Mickey. I hope you get them back so your original color can return. I liked you just the way you were.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Mossman
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:49 am Something is off, if you click on the name of the account (mortimer snerd) for any of those three videos, you just see ones of the AS-1000and Zelda, your old dog, neither of the acoustic videos are listed. Same thing if you click on the user name in the Zelda video or acoustic videos...
The videos you can't see on his channel are unlisted. You can only view them via a link. Those other two videos are public.

BANNED BY MOMO
Mossman
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:20 pm
Zipslack wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 pm It's too bad the videos got flipped backwards. ;)

I have no idea. I've not been active on it since my wife died (in 2017) so I thought that might be why they killed it?

Backwards? I don't see anything backwards!
The 'E' on the Joe Pass pickguard is backwards. :)

BANNED BY MOMO