Can We Sue MOMO

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

I just went onto the moo-moo for the 1st time since my initial visit and I was appalled to see my full name blasted everywhere and I didn't give anyone permission to blast it out to the world. I equate it to identity theft and want to know if anyone here is knowledgeable enough in legal matters to know if we can file a class action law suit against these anal orifices?
Mossman
Reactions:

I am wondering about legal implications too... Since they openly volunteered to delete the accounts and posts of anyone who requested it, I'm wondering if they're obligated to do so by law or regulation. I haven't bothered to ask them to delete anything yet, and I don't expect them to comply when I do. From the looks of things, it seems like they're having trouble transferring the content from the old forum to MOMO, so I'm sure they want to hang to as much content as possible.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
mickey
Reactions:

Well, dunno about you folks but I don't have that sort of money to throw around,
Gandalf the Intonationer
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

I emailed my deleting my info they acknowledged it but have not deleted me yet
Chocol8
Reactions:

You can sue anyone for anything. Winning more money than you lose and that you need to spend is the difficult question. Basically in a case like this the lawyers on both sides win and the plaintiffs and defendants both lose.
peskypesky
Reactions:

I can't even access Momo any more. Guess they blocked my IP address.
Banned by Momo
fullonshred
Reactions:

redman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:36 pm I just went onto the moo-moo for the 1st time since my initial visit and I was appalled to see my full name blasted everywhere and I didn't give anyone permission to blast it out to the world. I equate it to identity theft and want to know if anyone here is knowledgeable enough in legal matters to know if we can file a class action law suit against these anal orifices?
Did you login via your old AGF info there at momo?

Where did you see your full name displayed?

Was any other identifying info displayed?

Thanks @redman
aullucci
Reactions:

I haven't gone back through any of the terms and conditions because I don't really care to spend the time but when we signed up for the old AGF site we almost certainly granted them permission to use our posts however they wanted. that almost certainly included the right to sell our posts if they chose. Nothing you post on the internet is private
peskypesky
Reactions:

All your posts are belong to Momo
Banned by Momo
Milkman
Reactions:

Can we get David Gilmour to sue them? Too bad his favourite player wasn’t Rodger Watters... he’d sue for sure.
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
redman
Reactions:

fullonshred wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:08 pm
redman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:36 pm I just went onto the moo-moo for the 1st time since my initial visit and I was appalled to see my full name blasted everywhere and I didn't give anyone permission to blast it out to the world. I equate it to identity theft and want to know if anyone here is knowledgeable enough in legal matters to know if we can file a class action law suit against these anal orifices?

Thanks @redman
Right next to my avatar instead of redman it had my name
fullonshred
Reactions:

redman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:14 pm
fullonshred wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:08 pm

Thanks @redman
Right next to my avatar instead of redman it had my name
Thank you for this answer. When you joined momo did you login with your previous AGF credentials?

Its been so long since I joined AGF I can't say for sure but I almost never use my own name when signing up for a forum. I will do something like First Name? = last, Last Name? = first. or First Name? = fullon, Last Name? = shred.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

Milkman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:37 pm Can we get David Gilmour to sue them? Too bad his favourite player wasn’t Rodger Watters... he’d sue for sure.
Who is “David“ Gilmour?
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
pratteman
Reactions:

redman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:48 pm I emailed my deleting my info they acknowledged it but have not deleted me yet
Same here. I don't want to be the last passenger on the Titanic
"No matter where you go, there you are."
AGF Refugee-5159