NUGD - back in the Agile saddle

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

So I picked this up off fleabay a couple weeks back but other than a quick check I left it mothballed until Christmas to be in the spirit. It is an AL-3000 in TSB that was listed as "used", but after a quick check over I don't know that it was used very much if at all. I might send the serial to Kurt to find a date of purchase just as I'm curious. Nothing super-extraordinary about this particular guitar, but it's a perfect example ( to me at least ) of the glory years of Agile AL's. Weight is pretty decent at just a couple ounces over 9lbs, and upon a pretty close inspection I think it actually has a 1 piece back which is somewhat rare for these. Finish is flawless and the ebony board is smooth as glass - that's one of the things I love about these. Since I have had not owned an Agile for a while, this was a very welcome find for me. The board was slightly dry around the edges so I gave it a quick light dab with some mineral oil and polished it up. Going to string it back up tomorrow and see how it goes. Picked it up for a pretty good deal with the obligatory Douglas EGC case. I have to say that while I'm generally more of a fan of MOP, the abalone really looks nice to me. A little holiday pRon for your viewing pleasure.
IMG_1633.jpg
IMG_1632.jpg
IMG_1631.jpg
IMG_1630.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
Mossman
Reactions:

Nice find!
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
fatjack
Reactions:

Very nice one. I'm not even looking for another Agile but I would have jumped on a lefty like that.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Looks awesome. Very much like my 3001. Great series. Mine plays like butter.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Now you have me reminiscing about my 3000m. I'm looking at the AG-820 model (ES-335 type). Big Momma only allows me one guitar at a time and I'm keeping the Smelly Tele so I'll have to lay into the passive-aggressive campaign extra hard (leaving pictures on the computer, sighing heavily, etc.).

'Anybody have a used one that you'd like to part with?
guitar.jpg
guitar.jpg (15.31 KiB) Viewed 652 times
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
slowhand84
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:39 am Now you have me reminiscing about my 3000m. I'm looking at the AG-820 model (ES-335 type). Big Momma only allows me one guitar at a time and I'm keeping the Smelly Tele so I'll have to lay into the passive-aggressive campaign extra hard (leaving pictures on the computer, sighing heavily, etc.).

'Anybody have a used one that you'd like to part with?

guitar.jpg
It's actually the AS820, not AG :). If you're not against P90s (which are AWESOME in this guitar), there's one on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Agile-820-P-Se ... SwJ9Ff5LgI

My custom shop AS1000 is my favorite Agile of all time and the only one of the bunch of Agiles I have that I would never consider selling at any price.
OMB
Reactions:

TLarson58 - Just tell your wife that the best things in life like you and your wife come in pairs and this would be the "last" guitar you will be adding to your collection.
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
Partscaster
Reactions:

I really like the equal and lateral flame. 2TSB is my favorite LP top, ....and GT, and CSBF,...
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

@slowhand84 I saw that. I'm wary of P90's but will do some research.

@OMB Just did. She said "Nice try. You got a pair of pants for Christmas."

Me: ?

End of conversation.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO