Whats your' latest gear acquisition?

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
voodoorat
Reactions:

idiotsdelight wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:52 am *How are you guys attaching images?
the lazy way (how i do it) is to just find the image, copy it into the clipboard, and do an inline paste here (just ctrl-v), it does the upload in the background and adds an image tag pointed at it. you can't do it in the "quick reply" text box, you have to open up the full editor. it looks like you can add arbitrary files as attachments too on "attachments" tab, but that seems like a lot more effort.
golem
Reactions:

I'd never heard one of these until someone offered me one in trade for my Kauer Titan prototype. Unfortunately, the trade didn't happen as I know Doug won't make anymore and want a price the reflects its rarity and they wanted their pedals to be valued 80-90% of new. But I realized Prymaxe's 25% off made these cheaper new than people were asking for them used on Reverb. This hour-long demo sold me on it:

Lacking Talent
Reactions:

golem wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:42 pm @Lacking Talent I eventually let the simplifier go. I wasn't hearing enough of a difference between the three modes. It sounded a bit hi-fi with the headphones I had. I decided I'd rather sell it than try to see if I could find a good use for it.
Interesting; thanks for the update!
Perfect Stranger
Reactions:

Well, here goes....

Wampler Plexi-Drive Mini - Love It.

Xotic SL Drive Mini - LOVE IT
~Jim~

Even great harmonica players suck half the time! :roll:
aullucci
Reactions:

image.png
PRS Angelus a40e
It's technically a Christmas present so my time with it has been severely limited. But, wow.
voodoorat
Reactions:

got this today, sorta. the neck on it is one i have had for a while (i got it for my mim p bass although it's a fsr mim jazz neck) but the body i got today, a 2001 mim standard jazz. the neck came on it is the one hanging next to it, something is up with the truss rod although i'm not sure what yet. i had the bridge off that p bass which i've got listed now because i wound up with a mia p bass.
image.png
Partscaster
Reactions:

Just put GFS Earl Slick 56 pickup set in a last partscaster build.. 79$ shipped.
Once heights were adjusted to my liking, there are strong piano notes ringing in big open sound. Some sustained notes really do sound just like a piano note.
They are wound with 43awg formvar to 6.0, 6.4, and to 6.7. They must have a lot of henries as they sound so big and strong. And these wind resistance's would equate to lower 5k ohms if same wind amount was in 42 awg. These are non-staggered...first flat strat set like that for me, I think I like the flat poles in this 7.25 radius strat with these pups a lot.
DSCN2419.jpeg
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

Just got one of these babies...

DouglasHawker_used.JPG
fatjack
Reactions:

Picked up an open box Quilter Microblock 45 from MF for 145 after taxes and the 10% off coupon. I was wanting a small clean amp with headphone out.
voodoorat
Reactions:

got one of these things:
image.png
image.png (58.24 KiB) Viewed 2638 times
https://www.lrbaggs.com/pickups/m80-aco ... tar-pickup

installed it semi-permanently in the martin mmv, had to ream out its butt hole to 1/2".

it sounds good. better imo than either the stock gibson j45 studio rosewood or taylor 317e systems when playing loudly with other people. playing relatively quietly the gibson system sounds better i think, and unplugged i think the taylor and gibson both sound a little better. not that impressed with the taylor es2 system. i got it used so it was a little cheaper (though still not cheap). really glad to be able to use that guitar amplified now though, there was no point in even bringing it to the jams before.

also got a bunch of p.a. stuff recently. a lot of it was stuff that was just kinda laying around unused, but did buy a rockville rpm109 12-channel power mixer. so far so good (except for my own stupid mixtakes).
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

I ordered new black knobs for my lefty Hawk. They arrived today.
I also ordered a wiring kit for it. Oak-Grigsby switch, CTS pots, Switchcraft jack, and Gavitt pushback wire.
Buddha pickups and a new tort PG deserve quality electronics.
zisme
Reactions:

i've been having an issue with my ernie ball volume jr pedal where when i've got a tuner pedal plugged into the tuner out, i get a static-y sound when i first reach the full volume position (toe down). one of my band's songs starts with volume swells and it's been driving me nuts. a guitarist friend had the same problem with his and i've read some similar reports online.

i'd been wanting to upgrade to one of these for a while anyway. figured i should wait until after christmas before pulling the trigger...
20210103_220134.jpg
20210104_085238.jpg
20210104_085251.jpg
i only fiddled with it for a few minutes this morning, but it's nice. smooth sweep and pleasant display. it shows the volume level at 1-10 as you go through the sweep, so it's easy to dial in a specific volume level. the volume down (heel back) position activates the tuner. i think the cord on this one is kevlar vs. the string on the vp jr.

what perhaps should have been the obvious drawback to this guy is that your foot covers the display while you're using it ;) - so if you're trying to hit specific volume levels on the fly you have to be a little creative with your footwork.

it'll go on the band board wednesday
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
mkgearhead
Reactions:

I traded a Squier Strat for this Mitchell MS450 last week.

82DB9EF7-0C8E-4621-BDD1-D70A0B46A235.jpeg
SamIV
Reactions:

PRS SE Tremonti Custom
Attachments
61EE1289-D314-474A-9259-F5849C0FAC4A.jpeg
57078733-3FC6-434F-B2E9-0422775D4F6B.jpeg
Spike
Reactions:

I ordered a laptop/mixer tray, a Sweetwater t-shirt and a PreSonus PD-70 on Dec 18. The tray and shirt made it on the 21st. The mic however is still stuck in limbo at the USPS hub in Indy. I contacted my sales rep at Sweetwater and they sent out a new one to me on Monday and just got it today (FedEx).

I've read the PD-70 is the budget Shure SM7B.

Can't wait to try it out!
Sweetwater Stuff.jpg
PD-70a.jpg
PD-70b.jpg
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
fatjack
Reactions:

Perhaps the USPS has borrowed the mike for Karaoke at the hub.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Been awhile since I posted new gear here so the last couple of months I've been trying some different things out and bought a bunch of stuff.
First about 6 weeks ago I gave up my old Zoom R8 and bought a Presonus Audio-box it came with the Studio one 5 Artist software. It's a simple 2 in 2 out interface but it works very well the recording software is an ongoing learning curve but well worth the effort and a new computer for recording nothing fancy a 256 GB SSD 8GB RAM, then I bought a early 90's reissue Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer from a guy on Reverb, Then a Gretsch G2210 Streamliner Jr Jet Club (bit of a long name), I had a ton of points on one of my credit cards and was going to loose $325 worth at the end of the year if I didn't use them so I had it PLEK'D out of curiosity I want do it again but I'll do a review in a few days for now just another "show and tell day". Somewhere along the way I bought another SNARK tuner and last I bought one of the $499 PRS SE Standard 24 I really like this guitar a lot but itching to install some different pups and maybe some locking tuners. I have a friend that lives in Brooklyn that is a respiratory therapist in a big hospital and makes jewlery as his escape and he made this sterling silver guitar pick. So here's some pictures the PRS pics are the one's Sweetwater sent me guess that's the difference in a $300 and $500 guitars.

EVERYTHING
qlE7JAF[1].jpg
INTERFACE
xGe38mX[1].jpg
COMPUTER
Eyx0SPW[1].jpg
TS9
ZY0XKZq[1].jpg
SILVER PICK
Attachments
A4cKHQs[1].jpg
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

MORE PICTURES
PRS
q9HERoS[1].jpg
N7PExYt[1].jpg
Vv4K23I[1].jpg
Zmtk7jo[1].jpg
JQLS4ze[1].jpg
redman
Reactions:

A COUPLE MORE OF THE GRETSCH
OXL1cLj[1].jpg
TRYING TO SHOW THE PLEK'D FRETS
3acLETd[1].jpg
DotL1I5[1].jpg
krolQG6[1].jpg
SamIV
Reactions:

I just picked up a PRS with the fancy top, but I prefer your plain top. Nice
Roscoe
Reactions:

I had a good holiday... first, my wife got me a Kawai EP3 Digital Piano (from a music store closing), then I figured with the year we had, I'd do something nice for myself (wife approved, btw!) and bought a 2020 Gibson LP Classic in my favorite color.
Attachments
IMG_1827.JPG
IMG_1844.JPG
IMG_1838.JPG
aullucci
Reactions:

One can never have enough fuzz, and I have never had any actual EHX variant of a muff circuit, so I snagged this for $50 used. It's glorious. Massive, massive low end, which happily enough makes it also great for bass. Definitely recommended.
slowhand84
Reactions:

Just got an amazing deal on one of these, been hunting around for a while for a perfect acoustic multiFX board to use with my Fishman Loudbox amp and my steel string and nylon string Carvin thinline acoustics. They're around $600 new, scored a brand new in box one for under $300. This demo is awesome and really shows what it can do - reverb, delay, mod, compressor, tuner, boost, and a looper all in one.

littlebadboy
Reactions:

I got myself a new Zoom MS70CDR for nice soundscapes.

It's really nice! However, I think I'm returning it. It may be a redundant gear. I put it in the fx loop of my modeler. But, I think my modeler can do the same thing.

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Roscoe wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:37 pm I had a good holiday... first, my wife got me a Kawai EP3 Digital Piano (from a music store closing), then I figured with the year we had, I'd do something nice for myself (wife approved, btw!) and bought a 2020 Gibson LP Classic in my favorite color.
The common theme here is that you seem to have a great wife! I don't know much about pianos, but that LP Classic looks fantastic in that color with the Zebra pickups.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )