Meme's the word...

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Mossman
Reactions:

You know, the more I think about it, the less I believe that Major Tom actually sold the forum to Momo, but joined up with them. Probably sought them out himself. I don't know how much he was pulling down in ad revenue, but I know that whatever it was, he was never going to make any more than that with our demographic. The chances of AGF transforming into a bigger, younger, hipper (and growing) audience on it's own were pretty slim, unless it was given a push in that direction. Momo is not made for our demographic, and they knew that. The design is not an accident. They probably figured the less curmudgeonly among us would adapt to the new place and make it look active enough to attract more people, while the old-timers would go fuck off somewhere else... Or not. It doesn't matter at this point because now he's changed revenue streams.

The forum is valued at $30,000, but I doubt that's what Tom would get for it, and even if he did, that's kinda chump change. Unless he really wanted to wash his hands of the forum and dump it, I would think he would try to make it more profitable first. Knowing how lucrative the selling of data is, does it really make sense that he would walk away with $30k and let someone else make all that money??

In which case...

broken hearted momo.jpg
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

Looking around on the web earlier today, Uncle Tom had his hands in multiple websites, opened my eyes a bit to the Wild West that it is. just check out Flippa.com
And he's fully savvy to know EXACTLY what he was selling us into. We were never a community to him, just an investment. I'll bet he sold it for an equity stake.
momo stock has done very well over the past five years. He'd hoped to turn his 10K in stock into 60k or more in a couple years. He's got investment websites,
had a chinese dating website at one point.

Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
Mossman
Reactions:

TVvoodoo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:08 am Looking around on the web earlier today, Uncle Tom had his hands in multiple websites, opened my eyes a bit to the Wild West that it is. just check out Flippa.com
And he's fully savvy to know EXACTLY what he was selling us into. We were never a community to him, just an investment. I'll bet he sold it for an equity stake.
momo stock has done very well over the past five years. He'd hoped to turn his 10K in stock into 60k or more in a couple years. He's got investment websites,

He's got 10k of MOMO stock?

BANNED BY MOMO
Mossman
Reactions:

When I finally saw this picture on my computer screen, it hit me...
MOMO JAE BABY.jpg

BANNED BY MOMO
Mossman
Reactions:

MOMO BACK STAB.jpg

BANNED BY MOMO
Houblues
Reactions:

TVvoodoo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:08 am Looking around on the web earlier today, Uncle Tom had his hands in multiple websites, opened my eyes a bit to the Wild West that it is. just check out Flippa.com
When I saw his LinkedIn profile it was readily apparent how his background meshed with MOMOs.
Chocol8
Reactions:

Guys, there are two different MOMO’s. The one Major Tom sold us out to IS NOT A LARGE WELL FUNDED CHINESE COMPANY WITH PUBLICLY TRADED STOCK. MOMO Boards is a tiny startup that was funded a decade ago for another business model that failed and made a pivot to forums in 2019. The CEO and a chunk of the investors are Korean or have ties to Korea, NOT CHINA!
Mossman
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:04 am Guys, there are two different MOMO’s. The one Major Tom sold us out to IS NOT A LARGE WELL FUNDED CHINESE COMPANY WITH PUBLICLY TRADED STOCK. MOMO Boards is a tiny startup that was funded a decade ago for another business model that failed and made a pivot to forums in 2019. The CEO and a chunk of the investors are Korean or have ties to Korea, NOT CHINA!
I just did some digging myself, and you appear to be correct. I also discovered that MOMO Board is trying to position themselves in the corporate messaging/conferencing arena too. Imagine all the opportunity for corporate espionage.

BANNED BY MOMO
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:34 am

He's got 10k of MOMO stock?
Pure speculation.
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
Houblues
Reactions:

Yes, it appears he's not connected to the Chinese conglomerate, but it turns out he's not that small either. And his business goals appear to be somewhat similar. He clearly didn't care about us as anything but monetizeable property. https://angel.co/company/momoboard/funding
Mossman
Reactions:

Houblues wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:18 am Yes, it appears he's not connected to the Chinese conglomerate, but it turns out he's not that small either. And his business goals appear to be somewhat similar. He clearly didn't care about us as anything but monetizeable property. https://angel.co/company/momoboard/funding
Man, their tagline is "Built for Community"??

Built to take your community.

Built to spy on your community.

Nah, they don't have the right ring to it.

BANNED BY MOMO
PsychoCid
Reactions:

Houblues wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:18 am Yes, it appears he's not connected to the Chinese conglomerate, but it turns out he's not that small either. And his business goals appear to be somewhat similar. He clearly didn't care about us as anything but monetizeable property. https://angel.co/company/momoboard/funding
Jae Shin
Founder
Architect & Entrepreneur Founder & CEO at MOMO BOARD. We want to re-engineer the value of the community from bottom up.

Yup, from the bottom up alright.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

E67CB9E8-2C8C-4646-AFA3-323239AFF557.png
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

Momo Networks
Momo Networks is a global company that develops and operates a community platform called MomoBoard in Silicon Valley, USA and is expanding its business in San Francisco, USA.
MomoBoard is a mobile communication, collaboration, and management solution optimized for mobile. It is made up of a bulletin board, chat, and cloud storage functions as a single application, free of charge for desktop apps and websites that support Mac / Windows operating system as well as mobile apps. There is.
In addition, we are developing a decentralized community management system through blockchain technology to enable incentives for community activities and profit sharing for contents.
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
Mossman
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:08 am Momo Networks
Momo Networks is a global company that develops and operates a community platform called MomoBoard in Silicon Valley, USA and is expanding its business in San Francisco, USA.
MomoBoard is a mobile communication, collaboration, and management solution optimized for mobile. It is made up of a bulletin board, chat, and cloud storage functions as a single application, free of charge for desktop apps and websites that support Mac / Windows operating system as well as mobile apps. There is.
In addition, we are developing a decentralized community management system through blockchain technology to enable incentives for community activities and profit sharing for contents.
Translation:

Momo Board is a donor-funded back-door assassin seeking to acquire and trade in data from both the corporate and private sectors. Soon to start siphoning crypto-currency.

BANNED BY MOMO
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:37 am When I finally saw this picture on my computer screen, it hit me...

MOMO JAE BABY.jpg
If Grace Slick and Michael Jackson had a baby and then peed on it.
Mossman
Reactions:

Oh my god... Is this the most stilted, contrived conversation you've ever read?
fake conversation.png

BANNED BY MOMO
Mossman
Reactions:

He likes David Gilmour, Angus Young and Brian May... Why didn't he throw Eddie Van Halen in there while he was at it? Jimi Hendrix? C'mon Dan, surprise me!

BANNED BY MOMO
peskypesky
Reactions:

you should see the images that LookingDownTheCross is spamming the old forum with!! He has me about to piss myself with laughter.
Banned by Momo
mickey
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:55 am you should see the images that LookingDownTheCross is spamming the old forum with!! He has me about to piss myself with laughter.
I can't. They didn't BAN me they deleted my userID/password
Now I get an error message as soon as I get there (without even trying to log in.)
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

mickey wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:12 am I can't. They didn't BAN me they deleted my userID/password
Now I get an error message as soon as I get there (without even trying to log in.)
I'll just say there's some old shock site content, medical conditions, eyeball gore, dicks, anuses and a v-giney.🙈🙉🙊
Absolutely none of which, I promise you, do you want to see, especially first thing in the morning when you're checking your newly acquired data mining center 😅🤣
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
Mossman
Reactions:

LancerTheGreat wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:23 am
mickey wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:12 am I can't. They didn't BAN me they deleted my userID/password
I'll just say there's some old shock site content, medical conditions, eyeball gore, dicks, anuses and a v-giney.🙈🙉🙊
Absolutely none of which, I promise you, do you want to see, especially first thing in the morning when you're checking your newly acquired data mining center 😅🤣
That's hilarious! But the old forum's going to be gone soon. We should be polluting the Momo Board... Give them a lot of cleaning to do on a regular basis.

BANNED BY MOMO
jam
Reactions:

LancerTheGreat wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:23 am
I just checked, but all I could find was a well drawn ascii graphic.
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

Yeeeep, looks like my mischief was handled swiftly, by Dan F because I posted the same ASCII graphic on his profile as I did Major Tom's but Dan's racket ship left without him 🤣
Looks like I'm gonna be harassing nonoboard tonight. 😅🙄🤣
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
Mossman
Reactions:

I think they already cleaned up your mess... I just went to the old forum and I didn't see anything.

BANNED BY MOMO