Mmmmm... New Forum Smell

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Houblues
Reactions:

Narsh wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:20 am Did I miss something on the other forum? Don't get me wrong, 5 mins of MOMO and I asked to have my only post and email/account deleted, but did this Dan guy do something wrong other than choose the wrong platform to move to?

I'm not sure why he had to move it, I'm guessing he probably has a few more boards on MOMO where he gets some advert $$ but outside of that I didn't see anything but a mass exodus.
Over the few days it became apparent that over the last couple of months we had been lined up and sold as a commodity (by an owner who viewed us as a commodity) to a worse owner who also views us as a commodity and also happens to be in the community aggregation/data mining business. The community took offense at being viewed as property/data, not as a community, and being coldly monetized, and moved away en masse.
Chocol8
Reactions:

Narsh wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:20 am Did I miss something on the other forum? Don't get me wrong, 5 mins of MOMO and I asked to have my only post and email/account deleted, but did this Dan guy do something wrong other than choose the wrong platform to move to?

I'm not sure why he had to move it, I'm guessing he probably has a few more boards on MOMO where he gets some advert $$ but outside of that I didn't see anything but a mass exodus.
Dan F didn’t select MOMO as a platform, I believe he is an employee/representative of MOMO and I believe MOMO is the new owner, not an individual named Dan. The reason for the purchase was to get people onto their platform and to install their app. Keeping the forum on the old platform was never a possibility to them.
Mossman
Reactions:

NickintheStates wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:33 pm I like it. I will stay here.
Nick and his dates!
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Mossman
Reactions:

Houblues wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:37 am

Over the few days it became apparent that over the last couple of months we had been lined up and sold as a commodity (by an owner who viewed us as a commodity) to a worse owner who also views us as a commodity and also happens to be in the community aggregation/data mining business. The community took offense at being viewed as property/data, not as a community, and being coldly monetized, and moved away en masse.
That about sums it up, but i don't think Tom sold the forum outright, I think he got in bed with MOMO Board. It's just a gut feeling, but I explained my reasoning in more detail in the "Meme's the word." thread.

BANNED BY MOMO
t100d
Reactions:
Gearlist: '62 Guild T100D Slim Jim
'76 Ibanez 2405 Custom Agent
2004 Ibanez SA220EX
2009 Douglas WNO 630
2019 Peavey JF1
2021 Indio Retro Tele

'70 Gianninni Craviola

Córdoba Mini II EB-CE
Aria A542F
Takamine TC132SC
Rivera BC-394C

'70's Hohner PJ fretless bass
'84 Ibanez Roadstar II bass w/ SX Ursa neck

YouRock Midi guitar

Fender Acoustasonic 40
Fender Mustang III
Vox DA5
Monoprice 40W SS w/ 10" speaker

Hi honeys, I'm home …
Thought I'd lost you guys, phew!
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it."
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:35 am
That about sums it up, but i don't think Tom sold the forum outright, I think he got in bed with MOMO Board. It's just a gut feeling, but I explained my reasoning in more detail in the "Meme's the word." thread.
That would help explain why Major Tom was the one deleting my posts. And if that's true, then sincerely fuck him.
mickey
Reactions:

Momo is a data mining company.
Their "harmless app" gives them more control of your phone than you have.
To me, those two things are enough to cause a mass exodus.
But add to that the way Tom handled it was the camel that broke the straw's back.
peskypesky
Reactions:

Major Tom is a major dick.

Fuck that sleazebag.

And fuck Momo.

I almost feel sorry for this Dan fellow, who now has to try to impress his employer by showing how many posts and users are on their shit forum.
Banned by Momo
peskypesky
Reactions:

i did make about 20 posts. this image:

Banned by Momo
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

I've been posting...uhhh... I guess the best term would be "subjective art" on all of the front page posts and tagging Major Tom and Dan F lmao
Definitely NSFW, so keep that in mind if you get curious and go back there 😅
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
PsychoCid
Reactions:

sabasgr68 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:47 pm I believe that this time we will know how many AGFers we really are. The other site "has" +12000 members, but I believe that we are no more than 300 "active" members for real.
Yeah, no idea how many of those inactives were active in PMs though
Houblues
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:35 am about sums it up, but i don't think Tom sold the forum outright, I think he got in bed with MOMO Board. It's just a gut feeling, but I explained my reasoning in more detail in the "Meme's the word." thread.
Tom's LinkedIn page show he has a portfolio of twenty-plus community and search engine optimized websites. Momo has a user consolidation platform and wants content. I think you are completely correct.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:39 am Major Tom is a major dick.

Fuck that sleazebag.

And fuck Momo.

I almost feel sorry for this Dan fellow, who now has to try to impress his employer by showing how many posts and users are on their shit forum.
Nice! PeskyPesky has joined the fun. Good to see you!
Narsh
Reactions:
Gearlist: Main Guitars: Kiesel Aries 7, Kiesel SCB6H,
Main Bass: Yamaha TRBX305
Main Amps: Kemper Profiler, AxeFX II XL+, Neural DSP Parallaxe
Recording: MAC,Reaper, Focusrite 8i8 Gen3, JBL LSR308
And much, much, more...

I get it now. I guess it's kinda expected. I've been threw a few of these and the same thing happens, people move on and you keep your internet buddies.

Either way let's get back to talking smack and talking guitars ASAP.
Mossman
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:52 am i did make about 20 posts. this image:
Haha! I saw those on MOMO last night, and wondered who posted them. I posted a thread with an open letter of ridicule to Jae Shin, and just PLASTERED the place with all the meme's we've been making!

I know it's probably mostly an empty gesture, but since they took away my ability to post pics on the old forum, I thought they should see them. :-)

momo post screen.png

And I killed myself laughing while writing this letter:

What’s up Jae-bird? How you doing? It looks like your f uck-wit accomplices have really cocked things up for you and your stupid, stupid, plan... Seriously, how in the f uck’s sake did you think that would work??

I suppose you must be getting accustomed to this... We’ve been doing some research into you and your sad, donor-funded little operation, and it seems like everything you do is made of 100% pure FAIL! Haha!

Looks like that blockchain thing didn’t work out for you... Making any inroads into the corporate domain??
I didn’t think so... Any IT person worth their salt would take one look at your vapid spyware and send you packing!
What happened to your investors? Looks like that whole thing shut down. And you’re off to a fantastic start in the forum/social media game!

But don’t feel too bad... It’s not all your fault. I mean, you’ve got that galaxy brain-trust going on over there, who are probably the ones who convinced you that this high school level caper was a good idea in the first place. Let me tell you something; one thing that all successful people have in common is that they surround themselves with people who are SMARTER than they are, and you’ve got a goat and a trained baboon piloting that ship of fools!

Tell me something... Are you going to try to hijack another forum? You think the community somewhere else won’t object to being bought and sold, while you try to steal their data? Yeah, somehow, I don’t think that’s going to fly. But we know who you are now, and we’ll be watching... And yeah, we’re also going to broadcast our experience far and wide, and let everyone know that MOMO Board is a scumbag data-mining operation.

In case it hasn’t occurred to you yet, we’ve got a lot of resourceful and talented people over here. You tried to own us, but we thwarted your plans and replaced the forum you destroyed in a F UCKING HEARTBEAT. Think about that for a minute.

Maybe you should try doing something honest for a living. Something that won’t make your parents weep.

BANNED BY MOMO
Mossman
Reactions:

We have language filters now??

No bueno.

BANNED BY MOMO