Where to buy triangular shaped guitar boxes

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Chad
Reactions:

I hate having to drive 45 minutes to a guitar center to find out that they dont have any of these boxes usually... same goes for the smaller local music shops. I just wish I could buy these smaller triangular boxes to use inside normal guitar shipping boxes but I cant find them anywhere available online. I get so many gig bags from buying and selling all the time that I prefer to use them inside a smaller triangular box with padding, and then put those inside a normal rectangular guitar shipping box stuffed full with air pillows. Never had a problem with any damage doing it this way. I am down to having to giving away my hardshell cases to ship with now which sucks because nobody will want to pay any extra for them. Anybody have any suggestions? I have tried making adds on facebook marketplace but they get taken down. I wish it was easier to find these boxes.
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

I know what you mean, which is why I try to save a box like that. However, you can always take a smaller rectangular box, cut it partially and bend it to create the shape you want (may have to trim or fold some of the extra material). Then tape it. It works really well :)
MichaelR
Reactions:

Kurt buys them by the ton so I wonder if an email him might be way to find a source that would sell smaller quantity's of these boxs.
Chad
Reactions:

MichaelR wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:40 pm Kurt buys them by the ton so I wonder if an email him might be way to find a source that would sell smaller quantity's of these boxs.
Thats a great idea, and thank you... I will try emailing him to ask.
honyock
Reactions:

an option is just doing a box within a box on the headstock only (like a lamp shade on a drunk sort of).

Then use bubble wrap and padding on the inside and outside of the headstock covering box while the body is supported on all sides with packing to prevent the guitar from moving up and down, fore and aft.

I moved to this method after USPS placed a ridiculous weight upon my SGJ directly over the neck joint while the box was flat and Reverb screwed me by not covering the insurance.

Now I only ship in boxes that are at least the same thickness as Reverb sells with their branding. If they don't cover insurance at that point, I will give up selling guitars that need to ship online.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.