Custom 77 Montanan's Fate dream guitar.

Randell
Reactions:

OK Randell Vandergriff. I had to get a new account. I lost my old info. And this place got updated. I got the Jupiter, Douglas Halo, and Highland guitar Remember? ;)

So recently I got one of my dream guitars. I own 3 now. So remember when I talked about Custom 77 guitars? they are a France company. They have a active Facebook page. and a web site up. They made Gibson and Fender style guitars. 500 and up. Unique headstocks. 1 is for sale on Reverb Custom 77 LP copy almost 500 dollars. And a Custom 77 Montanan's Fate 749 in a OK color.

OK so I wanted the white Custom 77 Montanan's Fate gold plated. Was 2,245.10 new. Their own custom boutique design's. Retro looking. I dreamed of it. So I found a blue one not gold plated. Same model. Same pearloid pickguard as the white and different HepCat pickups hand wound in Paris. I got told they are like Duesenberg's. Made in Korea and sold for a high price. I found mine cheaper than a 600 dollars Rob Chapman guitar. I am shocked to find one so cheap. They are hard to come by in America and Knoxville TN where I live. I will show you the white one in HD pictures. And then the blue one. They are not a lot of decent pictures of the blue one.

They have really high end appointments. Assembled in France, the Lust for Life model features subtle German Carve on the solid alder body construction, with a set maple neck and a pair of HepCat humbuckers. Weighing 8 lbs 13oz,. Graph-tech locking tuners. Tone Pro locking roller bridge. Switchcraft toggle switch. Pure tone jack. CTS pots. Sprague Orange Drop caps. Alder body with maple set neck. It looks retro but with modern appointments. Neck through body. And is a boutique guitar. I love it. I own it. it is mine. I pick it up at the shop in a few weeks. It will be ready for me then. It is bought and paid for. What do you think of my new used expensive was cheap used guitar?
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
Randell
Reactions:

image.png
image.png
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Welcome Back Randell...that is sure some "Bling" on that guitar
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Welcome to the new AGF Randell, was wondering if you would be able to find us - glad you did.

That's a pretty unique guitar, congrats on finding one for a good price.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
Randell
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:50 pm Welcome Back Randell...that is sure some "Bling" on that guitar
I always wanted the white one. But I found the blue one. Only differences is the HepCat pickups and not gold plated.

They have HD picks of the white one and not a lot of pictures of the blue one. That is why I showed the pictures of the white one. So you all can get a great look at the shape and features. Look them up on YouTube for the videos. Their pickups sound amazing and so different. I wanted the white and got the blue one.

Thanks man for the reply. ;) 8-)
Randell
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:54 pm Welcome to the new AGF Randell, was wondering if you would be able to find us - glad you did.

Thanks for the reply. I think i just hit the report button? Sorry and ignore that man. ;) 8-)
Randell
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:54 pm Welcome to the new AGF Randell, was wondering if you would be able to find us - glad you did.

They are expensive for their own design's. And I found it used Cheaper than a 600 dollar Chapman. I was like wow. :mrgreen: :cry: :? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Randell wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:02 pm
They are expensive for their own design's. And I found it used Cheaper than a 600 dollar Chapman. I was like wow. :mrgreen: :cry: :? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[mention]toomanycats[/mention] better keep an eye out if you start pulling more of these kinds of deals off - or find a different pawn shop ;-)
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
Randell
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:05 pm
Randell wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:02 pm
@toomanycats better keep an eye out if you start pulling more of these kinds of deals off - or find a different pawn shop ;-)
I will pick it up in a few weeks. It is paid for. And it reminds me of a PRS or a boutique style custom shop. And quality parts. Look them up.

https://www.custom77.com/eng/c77/guitar ... e_152.html
toomanycats
Reactions:

Cool guitar Randell. Awesome that you've found your way back to the tribe. :D
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
fullonshred
Reactions:

Nice Grab man. I missed that thread on old AGF. But New AGF is what matters now!
Randell
Reactions:

Mine is the same with different HepCat pickups and pearloid pickguard.
Randell
Reactions:

Randell
Reactions:

OK so I got the blue guitar. First of all it has some white spots on it. See the pictures. It has some small finish damage at the headstock. See the pictures. And it has a spot ,missing the finish on the neck. I replaced the knobs because it was missing 2 and I put new knobs on it. 3 Gibson style knobs. 1 master and 2 volume knobs. It has expensive tone pro bridge and machine heads. I want to replace them with a roller bridge and locking tuners. I love roller bridges better. The Bigsby B5 is the import diecast. It feels amazing. And no problems there. It has a few dings in the body. And the neck is a set neck but it feels like a neck through. I cannot tell if it is a set neck but the web site says it is. Look at the picture of the white one.

And it has a 60 style slim tapper Gibson neck. You all know I hate wide necks. And this neck is great. And feels amazing. It is a heavy art deco guitar. 8 pounds according to the site? And mine has a pearloid pickguard. And HepCat pickups hand wound in France. I looked them up. And it was over 2000 dollars in American money. Used 399. It needs 2 screws for the pickguard. It is a amazing high end boutique guitar made in Korea and assembled in France. It is the most expensive guitar I own in price new but I got sweet deal used.

The case is decent. I wanted a really nice case. But 2 working in Guitar Center 2 sick and at home. One at the door letting a few in at a time. So I had to get what we found. They could not go get us one. Plastic molded Road Runner case. I still love the guitar. And it is so nice. And looks like a 1960's boutique brand if the existed back then.