I'm back, wanted to say hello to the "old guard"

Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Hey, everyone. Ok, so I've been living "under a rock", figuratively speaking, for the last 8 years or so, moving, not playing, etc. Started getting back into playing, bringing my guitars back to life (fret polishing, strings). Had to buy a new acoustic (old one cracked from sitting on a stand in a dry room).

Anyway, I went searching for the old AGF and came across "that other forum", which even has some of my old posts from the old AGF days... reactivated my account, made a few posts, but... something was off, I felt like I'm in that movie "The Langoliers" - it sorta looks like reality, some of the old members, some of the familiar guitars, but something just isn't there. Good thing a helpful soul pointed out where the crew moved!

Well, I'm back :lol:
fullonshred
Reactions:

Glad you found your way back! Welcome home!
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Thank you :) I'll also have to look for my old pics (had a nasty ransom virus so have to restore old photos from a backup disk). And have to figure out how to edit the gear list.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Welcome back!
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

Great to see your return to guitar, and AGF
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
mickey
Reactions:

Glad you are ok, been wondering about you/your health...
Welcome home! :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
Roscoe
Reactions:

Glad you found your way here and welcome back! :)
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Thank you, everyone! Thank you, Mickey, nice to see you're doing well :)
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

So, can someone tell me how to edit my "gear list" on the forum?
mickey
Reactions:

Gear_Junky wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:45 am So, can someone tell me how to edit my "gear list" on the forum?
You should see your name in the top right corner of the screen
click on it
The click on "User Control Panel"
Then click on "Profile" (just to the right of "Overview" in the page header.
scroll down and you will see your gearlist which is easy to edit. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Thank you, Mickey, I know I was there many times while setting up and for some reason just didn't see that! Edited. You know, one thing that I wish I could find again is your document on how to adjust bias on the SCXD! I relied on the old forum for that, but still saved a copy, but years ago had a nasty ransom virus, so I can't access that anymore. Do you still have it? I don't need it immediately, but owning two of them I figure I'll need it eventually.
mickey
Reactions:

Gear_Junky wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:40 am Thank you, Mickey, I know I was there many times while setting up and for some reason just didn't see that! Edited. You know, one thing that I wish I could find again is your document on how to adjust bias on the SCXD! I relied on the old forum for that, but still saved a copy, but years ago had a nasty ransom virus, so I can't access that anymore. Do you still have it? I don't need it immediately, but owning two of them I figure I'll need it eventually.
No I do not have it & don't think you'll find it on the moomoo board.
I can probably rebuild it (I think I still have the pics?)

Google found THIS on Strat-Talk.
Gandalf the Intonationer
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Well, if you posted it in the amp section, I think that'd be awesome. I do remember you being a nice guy like that :mrgreen:
I would imagine there's more than just me with these amps on this forum. I know many people are playing directly into their software these days, amps come with bluetooth and usb, but I'm sure there's still plenty of people that just plug in and play and I'm sure that most drummers didn't just die off to be replaced by software "beats".

I bought a used acoustic amp from a pawnshop and it has a bluetooth connection... I hope this woolly mammoth (me) doesn't get speared by all these new age digital folks :lol:

The good news is: I am finding fantastic guitar teachers on the tube. Making my learning more meaningful and productive.
mickey
Reactions:

I think the guy on Strat-Talk did a much better job of describing it for newbies than I did. :D

It isn't difficult.
Gandalf the Intonationer
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Agreed, I've done it once on both my SCXD's (way back when, per your instructions) and it wasn't difficult (and so worth it). I guess it didn't occur to me to search elsewhere, I am just used to this place being unique ;)
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Welcome back!

[mention]golem[/mention] and I were just chatting about no one really taking to the Momo site. This place has been picking up, but a lot of damage done by the demise of the original site.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

I got a few hints about the Momo board. And the helpful person who found me there said something about "walls having ears" there. I am really curious about the short version of what happened :)
golem
Reactions:

Gear_Junky wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:44 pm I got a few hints about the Momo board. And the helpful person who found me there said something about "walls having ears" there. I am really curious about the short version of what happened :)
Well, Major Tom sold the board to a one-man startup run by a rich Korean-American who thought he was going to revolutionize the already crowded messenger board space. That's my version but you may here others. When I tried MOMO, it was terrible. I literally code in the tech that was used and I'd never be able to get a job again (from a competent tech company) if I had shown them code like that in production.
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

golem wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:01 pm Well, Major Tom sold the board to a one-man startup run by a rich Korean-American who thought he was going to revolutionize the already crowded messenger board space. That's my version but you may here others. When I tried MOMO, it was terrible. I literally code in the tech that was used and I'd never be able to get a job again (from a competent tech company) if I had shown them code like that in production.
LOL, that sounds like comedy gold right there! :mrgreen:
Yeah, the way that site works, I couldn't even understand at first, thought that none of the threads have replies until I saw that little icon that opens them. Why do people feel the need to "fix" what's not broken? (don't answer that!)

Anywho, I invoke the good old :noseg:
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

Hey welcome back! Ya I know we’ve been chatting some in other threads but I just found this one. I was happy to help, but figured I should be cautious so I’m not banned. I’m an undercover agent

Ya part of why I said “the walls have ears” is that the new owner placed an active filter on “aguitarforum.net” and had it automatically changed to .com instead. If you find the initial welcome threads on the forum here, it’s chuck full of the BS that happened after AGF was sold out from under us. Bedsides then data mining operation that no one agreed to, users were being banned for expressing their discontent. It collapses into a complete
Dumpster fire quickly. As a result, the Phoenix rose for the ashes as you see it in a matter of 2 weeks. MOMO was caught off guard I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
mickey
Reactions:

You know Jimy, I think the asian Grace Jones got a shock caused by the way we sheep rebelled.
Major Tom was an absentee landlord leaving TJ & I to basically run the place (because the other mods were in & out (mostly out.))
We could call on him when we needed him & he would come to the rescue. When was Stevebway last here?
Tom never consulted anyone prior to selling out to the Asian Grace Jones.
Can't speak for anyone else, but I am thankful that Patrick grabbed the ball & ran with it!
I'd sure miss this place if it disappeared!
Gandalf the Intonationer
tobijohn
Reactions:

Welcome back and glad you were able to find this place. I've got a thread that has a list of both long time and/or active members on the old AGF that I update once they've managed to swim ashore. At your convenience, please take a look and if you know of an alternate way to contact them other than through MOMO, please do. Thanks:

https://www.aguitarforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=203
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar