Who would this "Administrator" at the old forum be?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
toomanycats
Reactions:

Just saw them there a moment ago. Joined on December 3rd, 2019 and never made a single post and has no content of any kind.

admin.jpeg

Major Tom posted his infamous "Major Tom To Ground Control, a New Start For Agf" thread at 9:49 on Tuesday morning.

Ten minutes later, at 9:59, Dan F posted his thread "Hello! (new Admin)".

But . . . just a short while earlier, at 9:02, the "Administrator" enockjae changed their avatar, as shown by this recent activity screen grab:

Untitledmmm.jpeg
Untitledmmm.jpeg (5.9 KiB) Viewed 3468 times
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Interesting. Looks like someone who thought they were doing their due diligence. What an idiot.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

You’ve rooted out a MOMO spy...

The story is coming into clearer picture...
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
mickey
Reactions:

Fair warning Bubba:
You are apt to get banned with Asian Grace Jones as your avatar.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:05 pm Fair warning Bubba:
You are apt to get banned with Asian Grace Jones as your avatar.
LOL..I had a feeling that could be a possibility. By the way, “Asian Grace Jones” is gold.
tobijohn
Reactions:

It's probably one of the new site developers. IIRC, Mickey had noticed a new admin about that time and speculated in a PM to me as to whether the site might be for sale. We both had forgotten about it until everything hit the fan earlier this week...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
mickey
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:13 pm It's probably one of the new site developers. IIRC, Mickey had noticed a new admin about that time and speculated in a PM to me as to whether the site might be for sale. We both had forgotten about it until everything hit the fan earlier this week...
That was him.
toomanycats
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:58 pm You’ve rooted out a MOMO spy...

A spy, or a mole, something like that maybe. The profile seems suspicious as it is, an Administrator with zero content, messages, posts, just nothing. But then they change their avatar just before Major Tom and Dan F drop their bombs on us. Seems too weird to be coincidental.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:15 pm
Bubba Zanetti wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:58 pm You’ve rooted out a MOMO spy...

A spy, or a mole, something like that maybe. The profile seems suspicious as it is, an Administrator with zero content, messages, posts, just nothing. But then they change their avatar just before Major Tom and Dan F drop their bombs on us. Seems to weird to be coincidental.
Agreed. Let’s go with the word “operative”. More importantly, how do we find HBowner and get him over here?
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:18 pm
Agreed. Let’s go with the word “operative”. More importantly, how do we find HBowner and get him over here?
Open up a Harley Benton sub forum. Or one about richman's bastards, bbq, or sellery.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Bubba Zanetti wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:18 pm
Open up a Harley Benton sub forum. Or one about richman's bastards, bbq, or sellery.
Now, you’re taking! A Thomann/HB sub forum called the “Beach BBQ” would be cool, there’s a sizable HB community out there now, and I actually have a Thomann order coming in...
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

Enockjae is on Twitter. MOMO board founder. Bookmark another place to troll
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
Milkman
Reactions:

That's the avatar of the admin who "dismissed" me from all of the DataMine boards.

"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
Houblues
Reactions:

JimyTheAssassin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:25 pm Enockjae is on Twitter. MOMO board founder. Bookmark another place to troll
AKA Jae Shin/ASTRSK - Who made a context free post on Reddit about Rondo eight strings a month ago.

https://angel.co/u/enockjae
toomanycats
Reactions:

It pisses me off thinking that early Tuesday morning that cadre stood over our little "ant hill," orchestrating how they were going to "poke it with a stick." Guess they didn't reckon we'd be a bunch of feisty fire ants.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:32 pm It pisses me off thinking that early Tuesday morning that cadre stood over our little "ant hill," orchestrating how they were going to "poke it with a stick." Guess they didn't reckon we'd be a bunch of feisty fire ants.
They had NO idea what they were doing and who they were dealing with. They just ate a sh*t sandwich of the highest order.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Hey, I found this:

Jobs at MOMO BOARD
FULL STACK DEVELOPER/ TECH LEAD

MUST HAVE
- Start up & Big company experience
- Team builder and tech lead
- Leadership (building/growing/managing team)
- Experiences in Scalability/Architecture

NICE TO HAVE
- Volunteer/Community Service experience
- Experiences in Search/A.I/Data mining
- CS degree from Top US Colleges
- Have worked or Working at Facebook/ Slack/ Discord/ Quora/ Quip/ Asana/ Dropbox/ Box/ Twitch/ Notion/ Evernote/ Google/ Twitter/ Atlassian/ Amazon/ Linkedin/ Instagram/ YouTube/ Spotify/ Pinterest/ Twitch/ Trello/ Whatsapp
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
mickey
Reactions:

You ready to apply Poodles? :)
Houblues
Reactions:

One of the pages referencing Jae Shin and Momo also references someone named Di Wu. Di Wu shows up at MOMO Networks and MOMO Technology. If you lookup the wiki for those, you find it is a huge Chinese internet conglomerate, started in 2011. Given that, it is amazing they cant design a workable forum. Data mining, however, does show up as one of their specialties.
toomanycats
Reactions:

Jobs at New AGF

All applicants must have former experience at MOMO BOARD

available positions:

-Schmegma cleaner
-Litter box scooper/cat vomit clean-up
-Restringing and pickups swaps on tobijohns extensive guitar collection
-Cleaning the bbq grill
-Guitar tech for Azrael
-Ceramic magnet disposal
-Giving Pink Jimi his Brazilian wax
-Choking Kurt's chicken(s)
tobijohn
Reactions:

Houblues wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:32 pm One of the pages referencing Jae Shin and Momo also references someone named Di Wu. Di Wu shows up at MOMO Networks and MOMO Technology. If you lookup the wiki for those, you find it is a huge Chinese internet conglomerate, started in 2011. Given that, it is amazing they cant design a workable forum. Data mining, however, does show up as one of their specialties.
What I don't understand is if they have such deep pockets, what's the appeal of a tiny site like AGF?
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
Houblues
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:39 pm
Houblues wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:32 pm One of the pages referencing Jae Shin and Momo also references someone named Di Wu. Di Wu shows up at MOMO Networks and MOMO Technology. If you lookup the wiki for those, you find it is a huge Chinese internet conglomerate, started in 2011. Given that, it is amazing they cant design a workable forum. Data mining, however, does show up as one of their specialties.
What I don't understand is if they have such deep pockets, what's the appeal of a tiny site like AGF?
After a bit or research, I think it is clear, that with data from other sites, they are well on their way to becoming something akin to a cross between Cambridge Analytica and Amazon. One of their financers is AliBAba, they have a wallet app, a "Near You app", a dating app and no telling what else. It is clear we are just small pieces of a massive puzzle being assembled. Frankly, I can't see the Chinese government not being involved....
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:39 pm
TJ...it gets them one step closer to your purple Hard Luck Kings reverse Firebird with the infernal spider inlays...
mickey
Reactions:

What was the guitar Rondo did with the upside-down cross inlays?
It was designed by the guy with famous tone.
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

I read through some of Jae’s twitter feed. It’s littered with articles about building a base of followers to build your product. A couple talk about building it from content. One i read through talked about how other apps built their followings. One technique is infiltrating a community and gaining street cred before spreading news about a great new product. It looks like a major fuck up from our point of view but he’s been studying this subject for a long time.

Guitar forums aren’t his only target, although he loves David Gilmore. I bet that’s bull too. It appears he has aspirations to take over all forums, or atleast become a major player in the market.
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)