How often do you mow it?
mickey
Reactions:

I have a lawn.
They are supposed to be coming by this afternoon to mow it. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
Flatline
Reactions:

I live on a cul-de-sac and I tend to mow mine before mine is the highest in the circle. Works out to about sometimes once a week and sometimes once every two weeks.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Mine is very dry, lack of rain.
No need to mow, minimal to no growth...

I created a center flower bed that is groomed to expand, shrinking the lawn part.

The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

About every 4 or 5 days
mozz
Reactions:

I mow when the woodchucks and snakes start to take over, about every 2 weeks. Grass was starting to turn brown but we got a few inches of rain through Isais so I'm just waiting now.
AGF refugee
ID10t
Reactions:

I don't but my neighbor mows his Monday night and Thursday night to coincide with garbage days on Tues/Fri. Other neighbor has hers done once a week. We have rock, cactus and weeds (that I try to keep pulled and/or sprayed).
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

I have a lawn and this year we've had to mow every 4-5 days as it's been wet and warm. Plus we've been using one of those lawn service places to do the fertilizing/weed stuff and that makes it grow twice as fast it seems. Does look nice though when it's just been cut.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Every 2-3 weeks when it starts to take on Jungle Proportions I call "my guy" and he swings by on Thursdays. He's been trying for YEARS to get me on a "bi-weekly plan" for $75 per month but I refuse. It's your money until you give it to them . He was here today...20 minutes work for $35. Given the current economic and pandemic situation he's lucky he still has customers. Besides, I'm 67 and don't really want to or care to cut it myself anymore. :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Morrison
Reactions:

Every few weeks lately. It’s been hot and mostly dry. The weeds are growing well, grass not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Floridian FX
Reactions:

One a week, could probably do every 5 days though. The boys are old enough to mow now(8 and 12) so one takes the front yard and the oldest takes the back with all the trees. All I have to do is trim, edge, and drink beer. I am seriously thinking about buying an electric trimmer so one of the boys could do that.

Nothing beats coming home to a freshly shorn lawn after a long day at work.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Floridian FX wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:58 am One a week, could probably do every 5 days though. The boys are old enough to mow now(8 and 12) so one takes the front yard and the oldest takes the back
Please teach the boys to NEVER pull a mower backwards.

I used to do it, in a tight spots, UNTIL, that one day.

Pulling the mower backwards, I tripped, while still holding onto the handlebar, and very quickly, mower blade ripped my shoe in half. Much to my surprise, my foot was intact and whole.
No, no, no.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:03 am
Floridian FX wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:58 am One a week, could probably do every 5 days though. The boys are old enough to mow now(8 and 12) so one takes the front yard and the oldest takes the back
Please teach the boys to NEVER pull a mower backwards.

I used to do it, in a tight spots, UNTIL, that one day.

Pulling the mower backwards, I tripped, while still holding onto the handlebar, and very quickly, mower blade ripped my shoe in half. Much to my surprise, my foot was intact and whole.
No, no, no.
Did your mower not have a dead man's clutch?

At any rate, it has been so hot and dry here that I am down to mowing what's left every two weeks.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

....a dead man's clutch?

The physics of it: ended up falling while holding the handelbar, so very late into going to the ground did the mower stop, and by then, a portion of my foot was under the deck!

No unlike losing the front end while on two wheels (cycle, moto or not), one second you are cruising, the next you are on the ground!
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:18 pm ....a dead man's clutch?

The physics of it: ended up falling while holding the handelbar, so very late into going to the ground did the mower stop, and by then, a portion of my foot was under the deck!

No unlike losing the front end while on two wheels (cycle, moto or not), one second you are cruising, the next you are on the ground!
The handle should have a second component that you have to hold down to keep the mower running. Let go,and the mower stops running. Mowers made in the last 25 years have it.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Seesh... yes, the handle has a second component, but you are holding onto it while falling!...

Best is to try it for yourself, without engine on. Drag mower backwards, pretend you trip on something, and report back.
msc_
Reactions:

Floridian FX wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:58 am One a week, could probably do every 5 days though. The boys are old enough to mow now(8 and 12) so one takes the front yard and the oldest takes the back with all the trees. All I have to do is trim, edge, and drink beer. I am seriously thinking about buying an electric trimmer so one of the boys could do that.

Nothing beats coming home to a freshly shorn lawn after a long day at work.
I recently bought a DeWalt 60V trimmer since that's the battery ecosystem I've gone with. I used it for the first time this week and it worked great. I have a 1.5 acre yard with lots of trimming to do and the 6AH battery I used with it was still close to fully charged when I was finished. The biggest issue was the weight distribution since the head seems to weigh a lot more than I'm used to. My back was killing me after I finished, so I'll need to either make some adjustments or figure out how to mount a strap. Maybe a bigger battery for ballast?
image.png
Keithe
Reactions:

Maybe a Well hung weed eater strap.
mikesr1963
Reactions:

Yep. In June mowed it 3 times. In July, didn't mow it because If I had it would have died. First week of August I've had to mow it twice. Tropical storm rains, and then heavy rain and thunderstorms each day with high humidity and it's taken off.

I don't water it.

I don't fertilize it.

I don't plant grass seed.

I don't care if it looks like a golf course.

When it rains regularly it looks great.

When it's dry and doesn't look great I don't mow it. I let it survive. If it doesn't survive I'm good with that too. I don't rake up grass clippings either.

Off the mower 30 minutes ago:
Floridian FX
Reactions:

msc_ wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:02 pm

I recently bought a DeWalt 60V trimmer since that's the battery ecosystem I've gone with. I used it for the first time this week and it worked great. I have a 1.5 acre yard with lots of trimming to do and the 6AH battery I used with it was still close to fully charged when I was finished. The biggest issue was the weight distribution since the head seems to weigh a lot more than I'm used to. My back was killing me after I finished, so I'll need to either make some adjustments or figure out how to mount a strap. Maybe a bigger battery for ballast?

image.png
I have the dewalt blower and I bet it takes the same battery. I am super happy with the blower, I might have to take a look at that trimmer. Thanks!
Morrison
Reactions:

Floridian FX wrote:

image.png
I have the dewalt blower and I bet it takes the same battery. I am super happy with the blower, I might have to take a look at that trimmer. Thanks!
I bought both the dewalt blower and trimmer. The electric trimmer is so much better than a gas one. Slightly less power but no messing around trying to get it to run. The gas ones always start having trouble running well over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
msc_
Reactions:

Floridian FX wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:22 pm

image.png
It should take the same battery and since it's a flexvolt - it should even run on the 20V batteries. I think I need that blower......
Floridian FX
Reactions:

msc_ wrote:
Floridian FX wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:22 pm

image.png
It should take the same battery and since it's a flexvolt - it should even run on the 20V batteries. I think I need that blower......
Yes you do Amigo. I am never going back to a gas blower.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tiga
Reactions:

Usually mow once a week- however it's been so hot and dry I haven't mowed my back yard in a month. I run sprinklers on my front lawn and have mowed it twice in 4 weeks. Most of the lawns in my plan are browned out or downright dead.
Buddy
Reactions:

I pull weeds from my back yard. Nothing but weeds grow back there. Each species of weed has marked off it's own territory. It's like a gang war for weeds.

What I do have to mow is my sidewalk. Yes, my sidewalk. So much crap grows in between the cracks and lines of the sidewalk, I literally need to hit it with the weed whacker every couple weeks or three. I always shake my head when I'm doing it. I never see anyone else having to mow their sidewalk. What the hell?

lol City life.
If I was a guitar I would have to be a polygamist.