Your Name and Avatar

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
brentona
Reactions:

What does it mean! Any specific stories associated with either?

I’m boring so my handle for forums pretty much across the board has always been -

Brentona.

Nothing special just my whole first name of Brenton followed by the first of my middle initial. Generic and vanilla but easy to type!
My avatar is a Gretsch Nashville Classic Headstock.

What’s yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeftyLife
mickey
Reactions:

Mickey is on my birth certificate.
The avatar is an SX GG7.
I got the SX as a b-stock from Rondo for $120.
The TKL case it lives in co$t more than the guitar.
The T.V. Jones pickup on it co$t more than the guitar.
All in, I spent around $500 on upgrades.
It is my favorite of all the Rondo guitars I do now or have ever owned. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
Spike
Reactions:

I was the youngest member of my first band and the older guys gave me the nickname. It stuck with me over the years.
My avatar is from the 1st annual music festival my small town organized.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
PsychoCid
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:48 am Mickey is on my birth certificate.
The avatar is an SX GG7.
I got the SX as a b-stock from Rondo for $120.
The TKL case it lives in co$t more than the guitar.
The T.V. Jones pickup on it co$t more than the guitar.
All in, I spent around $500 on upgrades.
It is my favorite of all the Rondo guitars I do now or have ever owned. :D
Sweet. :)

I don't understand why anyone would want to buy an expensive guitar, and then add expensive parts. What was the point in buying the expensive one to begin with, then? Expensive parts only make sense for lower cost guitars.
brentona wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:42 am What does it mean! Any specific stories associated with either?

I’m boring so my handle for forums pretty much across the board has always been -

Brentona.

Nothing special just my whole first name of Brenton followed by the first of my middle initial. Generic and vanilla but easy to type!
My avatar is a Gretsch Nashville Classic Headstock.

What’s yours!

Nice post! Mmmmm...Cid comes from Cid Highwind, combined with Sycho Sid the pro wrestler. I expected to be too old for this handle by now but hey, whatever works. :D

I think my avatar needs no introduction.
mickey
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:54 am
I think my avatar needs no introduction.
Well, to you your avatar needs no introduction.
To me it is the headstock of some sort of off brand guitar badly in need of refinishing. :)

Incidentally, I agree with you that you don't buy an expensive guitar then start replacing parts.
Expensive guitars should come with first rate everything!
Why are they expensive if they don't???
Gandalf the Intonationer
dabbler
Reactions:

I'm an amateur, never played for money, never bought pro gear, can only do mods that can be accomplished with some tools and a soldering iron. Avatar is simply the most beautiful headstock I own, which is on an SX Hawk LTD II.
P1000038.JPG
P1000039.JPG
P1000149.JPG
brentona
Reactions:

dabbler wrote:I'm an amateur, never played for money, never bought pro gear, can only do mods that can be accomplished with some tools and a soldering iron. Avatar is simply the most beautiful headstock I own, which is on an SX Hawk LTD II.
And it says your in MD? I used to live in Northern HarCo on the state line. Where abouts are ya?

LeftyLife
dabbler
Reactions:

brentona wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:28 am
dabbler wrote:I'm an amateur, never played for money, never bought pro gear, can only do mods that can be accomplished with some tools and a soldering iron. Avatar is simply the most beautiful headstock I own, which is on an SX Hawk LTD II.
And it says your in MD? I used to live in Northern HarCo on the state line. Where abouts are ya?

Bowie.
BrianSkeezer
Reactions:

brentona wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:28 am

I'm in HarCo! Churchville. I work for the county and worked The Darlington/Whiteford area for over 12 years up until last year, when I switched to Fallston.

Oh, and as for the name and avatar. Brian being my first name, and Skeezer being a nickname that my former bandmate gave me because I would do anything for money back then. A "skeezer" is apparently a crack whore that'll do anything for money. The avatar is a pic of my blues that needs to be updated. I've added a few more blues since then.
Forecaster
Reactions:

I was a U.S. Navy Weather Forecaster for 20 years in a previous life. The symbol is the rating badge for Aerographer's Mate (AG).
Buddy
Reactions:

Buddy was the name of my first pet dog. I had that dog for about 18 years! He was a rescue off the street. Someone threw him out of a car at a red light and drive off without him. He was wandering around aimlessly on the street near my father's workplace for a day or two, so my dad brought him home. Being an only child, he became like a brother to me. Usually people feel like their pet dogs or cats are their children, but I was only about 3 years old when that dog came into my life, so he filled more if a sibling role to me. My dad left, and my mom took 3 jobs to keep the roof over out heads and food in our stomachs. She was never home. It was me and my dog... a lot. Man, I still miss him, and I'm tearing up writing about him. I miss running with him. He always looked like he was smiling when he was running. He would look over at me and it was like he was thinking, "Yes! We are doing this together! We are running! Hey evrybody! Look at us running!" Haha.. so silly to say that now, but he really did look like he was smiling every time we went out.

My avatar at the old place was the body of an old headstock, red, plain top 2500, next to the body of a brand new, red flame 3100 with gold hardware. Like an old-school / new-school type vibe, I guess. I don't know what it will be here. It will be something Agile. I have a couple kind of rare birds that I might put on there, if I can find them. I have a neck-thru, matching headstock 3000 from back in the day. Maybe it will be that.
It should be seen.

Unfortunately I will have to sell off some of my guitars to help defray the cost of a new roof, so it won't be any of those. Every few hundred I don't need to take a loan on makes a difference. Roof started leaking last Saturday. Whaddyagonnado? It is what it is, right?
If I was a guitar I would have to be a polygamist.
UrenragK
Reactions:

My Avatar is Andrew Sachs playing Manuel in Fawlty Towers, his catchphrase was "I know nothing" and that's exactly how I feel when I see someone with some talent play!

The username is a mash up of my location, and my surname.

Doesn't do to have the same name everywhere, things can get intertwined :D
Kerry Brown
Reactions:

My user name is my name. I decided long ago that I didn't want to be anonymous. I never use a name other than mine. I own what I post anywhere on the Internet. My avatar is me playing a Larrivee L42 12 string at a local bar jam. Before COVID-19 I played in bar jams at least once a week for the last ten years. I usually played an acoustic. I like to sit back in the mix and fill out the sound.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

UWMC - UW Marathon County, once a branch/2 year community college campus of the University of Wisconsin. It no longer exists under that name as it has been assimilated by a larger comprehensive state university down the road. It is where my office was through my various roles with the University System over the past 20 + years. Kind of a bittersweet topic as I was recently laid off aloing with about 40 others, and i'm cleaning my office out this week. Having said that I probably won't change the name as it's been that way for so long.

Scott - my first name.

The avatar is a mashup of Mr Fred Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers, QB for the Packers who are just a short drive down the road from me in Green Bay, WI. I"m a fan but not a fanatic. I used the avatar on a fanasy football site many years ago and decided to use it here too, not really attached to it but have just never chagned it.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:16 am UWMC - UW Marathon County, once a branch/2 year community college campus of the University of Wisconsin. It no longer exists under that name as it has been assimilated by a larger comprehensive state university down the road. It is where my office was through my various roles with the University System over the past 20 + years. Kind of a bittersweet topic as I was recently laid off aloing with about 40 others, and i'm cleaning my office out this week. Having said that I probably won't change the name as it's been that way for so long.

Scott - my first name.

The avatar is a mashup of Mr Fred Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers, QB for the Packers who are just a short drive down the road from me in Green Bay, WI. I"m a fan but not a fanatic. I used the avatar on a fanasy football site many years ago and decided to use it here too, not really attached to it but have just never chagned it.
Bummer on the layoff! :evil:
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
mickey
Reactions:

I always assumed you avatar was you Scott. :)
Gandalf the Intonationer
RiverDog
Reactions:

I took my username from one of my fav bands, Riverdogs. They never became big enough to be a household name but the amazing Mr. Vivian Campbell was their lead guitar player (at least for a couple of albums), and the singer Rob Lamothe has one of the best set of pipes I've ever heard! Start with their self-titled (and first) album if you want to check them out.

My avatar is my Limited Edition Fender Road Worn '50s Tele in purple metallic. It is the beez kneez. 8-)
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
uwmcscott
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:22 am I always assumed you avatar was you Scott. :)
Ha...well, I do have some nice ties, but that's probably where the similarities end. I would swap salaries with the latter Mr. Rodgers though if he was interested, maybe not the job though.
uwmcscott
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:21 am
uwmcscott wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:16 am UWMC - UW Marathon County, once a branch/2 year community college campus of the University of Wisconsin. It no longer exists under that name as it has been assimilated by a larger comprehensive state university down the road. It is where my office was through my various roles with the University System over the past 20 + years. Kind of a bittersweet topic as I was recently laid off aloing with about 40 others, and i'm cleaning my office out this week. Having said that I probably won't change the name as it's been that way for so long.

Scott - my first name.

Bummer on the layoff! :evil:
Yep, have a new gig starting up before the new one ends though too - so things are looking up in that department. Still kind of sad to go through all the stuff/equipment/things I accmulated over the years. I shoudl start a thread for all the weird/old sh*t i am digging up before I throw it all away. I found a sealed-in box copy of Microsoft Works if anyone is interested - including a coupon for a free upgrade to Windows 95. I thought maybe I shoudl mail it in and see what I get back!
solteroblues
Reactions:

My username comes from a Dean Soltero, which was one of the first guitars I bought once I got back into playing. My favorite music is blues inspired, blues themself or bluesy rock.

My avatar is my dream car, which i was able to buy (used) a few months ago. Took that pic near a lake a couple of miles from my house.
mickey
Reactions:

What car is it???
Gandalf the Intonationer
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

I'm the ghost of an artist formerly named Tonray. My avatar is simply a ghost of a file too large to upload
mickey
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:59 am My Avatar is Andrew Sachs playing Manuel in Fawlty Towers, his catchphrase was "I know nothing" and that's exactly how I feel when I see someone with some talent play!

The username is a mash up of my location, and my surname.

Doesn't do to have the same name everywhere, things can get intertwined :D
Any time I see your avatar my mind says: "Que?"
Yes, I'm a Fawlty Towers fan. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
Houblues
Reactions:

My wife came up with HouBlues for our initial email name, way back before it was clearly apparent we would need separate accounts (Yeah, really sounds silly now!). The first part is a reference to location, the second is our name done phonetically, so it worked as an indicative yet anonymous identifier.

I'm using it here because it sounds like a musical reference, but it's misleading, I don't actually play blues. In fact, it would be wrong to say I'm a player at all - at this point I'm merely a guitar owner. From fifty to forty years ago I was a drummer and sound guy. Now I'm trying to fulfill a decades old self-promise to make those guitar sounds which have been camping out in my head.

So - Here's the New Guy Intro I never did because it isn't my style to do New Guy Intros. I came to the old forum early in the year as a result of trying to find info on wide necks and string spacing. I always look before I leap, and before my first purchase (about a year ago) I researched what guitar to buy for a beginner. Unfortunately, those references must have been written by young people with thin, nimble fingers, as they said it wasn't important. When I ended up with a guitar with a 1 5/8" neck and saw that my fingertips would likely never touch just one string, I found AGF, and now a wide neck black flame AL3200MCC. I suppose I should use it as an avatar but I have a "you've seen one, you've seen 'em all" attitude with regard to 1950's styled LPs.
Flatline
Reactions:

Flatline was a name I used for World of Warcraft alts. I've used the name on various forms over the years. This place being where I've been most active. My avatar is just a random google search image of a flatline.