New neck. Who dis?

honyock
Reactions:

Got my new Jaguar neck. Ordered back in March. Of course it would arrive in the middle of my 2 week vacation, luckily my mom rescued it from the Monsoon storms.

Going to be very comfy I think. 1-3/4" wide at the nut with a v profile. Very unique pairing and I really like the feel in my hand.

The 2A flame is very minimal, but I just wanted the roasted maple really and that is the cheapest way to do it at Musikraft now.

The Coney Island reclaimed rosewood is so damn smooth, very light and well matched to the roasted maple and the 3ts finish I think. Still cheaper for this neck than buying a K.C. sig takeoff from Stratosphere...

Installed a set of Kluson Revolution tuners.

Decided to have them do the nut so it would be right. Was going to cut a bbone one and slot it, but I am lazy and don't have the time at the moment.

Will post more once I finish stringing and get bored playing this weekend.

Specs:

Jaguar Neck Custom Build: 

Construction Type: 

2 Piece Constructed

Orientation: 

Left for Left Handed Players

Scale Length: 

24.0" Standard Fender

Number of Frets: 

Nut Width: 

1-3/4" (44.5mm)

Heel Width and Type: 

2-3/16" (55.55mm)

Truss Rod Type: 

Dual Acting w/ 4mm Hex Adjust @ Head

Shaft Wood: 

Roasted Flame Maple Special 2A Select ($80.00)

Fingerboard Wood: 

Coney Island Relaimed Rosewood ($25.00)

Fingerboard Style: 

Slab (Standard Fender)

Fingerboard Radius: 

9-1/2"

Finger Board Edge Style: 

Semi Rolled Fingerboard Edges

Tuner Hole Size: 

10mm (Modern Style Keys)

Top Inlay Type: 

1/4 Dots (Imitation Clay)

Side Markers: 

Imitation Clay 2mm

Side Marker Location: 

Center of Fingerboard Wood

12th Dot Spacing: 

Wide (Vintage Style Pre 1964)

Fret Size and Type: 

6230 Nickel Silver None Bound Necks Only (Vintage Small)

Back Profile Shape and Size: 

V 86 96 (1957)

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
toomanycats
Reactions:

Neck is stable, roasted, and beautiful.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Very nice, I really like the roasted maple look and also the satin/natural finish. I've toyed with the idea of getting one for my Tele some day, will have to check out Musikraft
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
honyock
Reactions:

Well, I am very happy with how it plays, the V is super comfortable in the palm, and the 1-3/4 nut width on the 24" scale gives me enough room to play comfortably.

I'm glad I had so many options in my guitars to take the things I liked the best. I had one V profile guitar and it is one of my favorites despite the rest of the guitar around it not being one of my favorites, so I decided to just do it.

My favorite strat is my '98 Squier Standard. It has vintage style frets and these are the spitting image.

The 9.5" radius is one of my favorite sizes as well.

This roasted maple feels better than the stuff that Harley Benton is selling. I'm guessing it is more the finishing they do than anything.

I could have bought another guitar with this money, but I would not have been as happy with the result. Buying this loaded body, I still have less than buying the same guitar new or used and this neck makes it feel like heirloom quality furniture in a way

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Very nice @honyock I have never owned a Jaguar in fact I don't believe I've ever played one but yours is a stunner let us know how it turns out.
pdcorlis
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:00 pm Well, I am very happy with how it plays, the V is super comfortable in the palm, and the 1-3/4 nut width on the 24" scale gives me enough room to play comfortably.

I'm glad I had so many options in my guitars to take the things I liked the best. I had one V profile guitar and it is one of my favorites despite the rest of the guitar around it not being one of my favorites, so I decided to just do it.

My favorite strat is my '98 Squier Standard. It has vintage style frets and these are the spitting image.

The 9.5" radius is one of my favorite sizes as well.

This roasted maple feels better than the stuff that Harley Benton is selling. I'm guessing it is more the finishing they do than anything.

I could have bought another guitar with this money, but I would not have been as happy with the result. Buying this loaded body, I still have less than buying the same guitar new or used and this neck makes it feel like heirloom quality furniture in a way

Great looking neck - and I’m nuts for V necks. Frankly I don’t know why more guitar makers don’t routinely offer one. I still kick myself for not buying a vintage Cort with a v neck from a local vendor for peanuts… Stupid!

Regardless, this neck looks like a beauty - congrats and long may she play!
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Looks great and good specs! I am practical in that a neck has to feel great and am glad yours feels comfortable to you!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob