Has Anybody Seen This??? Fender Violinmaster

Mossman
Reactions:

I think this is wicked cool! Though I really want to throw shade on it for being unobtainium (only to be seen in a display case in some lawyer's office somewhere), and for having a tenuous connection to Stradivari, but it looks fantastic! It doesn't sound like a Tele, but it sounds interesting (from what I could glean through the narration). Very woody sounding.

But, a bolt-on neck? Really?? How in the world was a set neck NOT the obvious choice for this?? And there's no way I would have put inlays in that fretboard. Though I wouldn't go so far as to say it shouldn't have frets either. A fretless guitar is almost useless in my opinion.

Oh, and the name is lame... But at least they didn't make a Strat and called it the "SRATivarious".

Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
rrobbone
Reactions:

I have had four requests to copy this build through Reverb. I quoted each of them exactly half of what Fender is charging.

No replies as of yet.
"What is this place? Where am I?"
Mossman
Reactions:

rrobbone wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:42 am I have had four requests to copy this build through Reverb. I quoted each of them exactly half of what Fender is charging.

No replies as of yet.
Aw man, you mean you can't do this for like, 300 bucks?!?! :lol:

I wonder how many orders for this have been placed on Ali Express?

BANNED BY MOMO
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I'm torn - it's a nice look, but I think it's pretty much all gimmick. Not really a carve-top, but carefully stained to look like one. Surprised the demo didn't use an e-bow.
Mossman
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:48 pm I'm torn - it's a nice look, but I think it's pretty much all gimmick. Not really a carve-top, but carefully stained to look like one. Surprised the demo didn't use an e-bow.
I had to go back and watch the video again to be sure, but there is an arch to the top. It's a shallow arch, but it's there, and there is a carved ridge (sorry, I don't know what that's called) around the edge. For the price, I don't doubt these guitars are hand-crafted. But yeah, it's still a gimmick. Just like every other "limited edition" guitar that's ever been conceived.

I still like it, though.

BANNED BY MOMO
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:08 pm
BatUtilityBelt wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:48 pm I'm torn - it's a nice look, but I think it's pretty much all gimmick. Not really a carve-top, but carefully stained to look like one. Surprised the demo didn't use an e-bow.
I had to go back and watch the video again to be sure, but there is an arch to the top. It's a shallow arch, but it's there, and there is a carved ridge (sorry, I don't know what that's called) around the edge. For the price, I don't doubt these guitars are hand-crafted. But yeah, it's still a gimmick. Just like every other "limited edition" guitar that's ever been conceived.

I still like it, though.
I saw that they did do a tiny bit of carve - I'd call it more of a groove than a carve though. I think a carve that's just at the edge of the body is called a "German carve", but I've never seen a German carve that was anywhere near that shallow. I have always wondered why I have never seen a real carve-top tele, but I suspect it would have to have very narrow edges and/or be a set neck. Don't get me wrong, I like the look, but making it "violinish", I think they only got half-way as far as they could have.
Mossman
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:26 pm
I saw that they did do a tiny bit of carve - I'd call it more of a groove than a carve though. I think a carve that's just at the edge of the body is called a "German carve", but I've never seen a German carve that was anywhere near that shallow. I have always wondered why I have never seen a real carve-top tele, but I suspect it would have to have very narrow edges and/or be a set neck. Don't get me wrong, I like the look, but making it "violinish", I think they only got half-way as far as they could have.
This is a German carve. Maybe @rrobbone knows what that violin carve is called.

I think the Violinmaster should have had a set neck, with no fret markers (and be called anything besides "the Violinmaster"). Other than that, I don't see what more you can do within the dimensions of a Telecaster. I'm not too upset about the shallow carve. In order to have a more pronounced carve, they would have to angle the neck, and increase the body depth. Then it wouldn't be a Tele anymore. It would be a Jazz box. :)

BANNED BY MOMO
archetype
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fender: James Burton Standard Tele, Baja 50s Tele, Classic Player 50s Strat, MIJ ST-62DEX2 Strat.
Squier: Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Bullet Strat, Affinity Strat.
Gibson: ES-335 TDC, Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute.

I'm waiting for the Squier Classic Vibe version.
Fender: James Burton Standard Tele, Baja 50s Tele, Classic Player 50s Strat, MIJ ST-62DEX2 Strat
Squier: Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Bullet Strat, Affinity Strat
Gibson: ES-335 TDC, Les Paul 50s Tribute goldtop
ID10t
Reactions:

archetype wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:39 am I'm waiting for the Squier Classic Vibe version.
Perhaps a Squier Classical Vibe?
golem
Reactions:

If spending 30K on a guitar was nothing to me I'd be getting something like a Ken Parker Archtop that is actually made to the quality if high end violins and not that monstrosity:

golem
Reactions:

I should add, Eastman actually makes violins. I'd love to see their take on something like that in the under $3K range.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Or get one of these at Walmart as a mod platform. Image
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

Mossman wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:39 pm
BatUtilityBelt wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:26 pm
This is a German carve. Maybe @rrobbone knows what that violin carve is called.

I think the Violinmaster should have had a set neck, with no fret markers (and be called anything besides "the Violinmaster"). Other than that, I don't see what more you can do within the dimensions of a Telecaster. I'm not too upset about the shallow carve. In order to have a more pronounced carve, they would have to angle the neck, and increase the body depth. Then it wouldn't be a Tele anymore. It would be a Jazz box. :)
I thought that was a Rondo carve. :lol:
mickey
Reactions:

The Fender Stradocaster? :lol:
Gandalf the Intonationer
Partscaster
Reactions:

I do own a Hallmark Stradette
one of the nicest tremolos I've tried, with smooth, med-light tension, and good range.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."