NGD: 2008 Fernandes Monterey Elite

LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Another "YOWZA" snag...$600 WITH CASE shipped. Should be here on 6/20.

MINT CONDITION!

Sunburst Quilted Top AND Headstock...Mahogany Body With Ebony Board...Made In Korea

MOP Body and Neck Binding...Dual Mode Sustainer System

Got a TP-6 Fine Tuning Tailpiece on the way. :)
Attachments
Monterey-Elite-0.jpg
Monterey-Elite-3.jpg
Monterey-Elite-5.jpg
Monterey-Elite-6.jpg
Monterey-Elite-8.jpg
Monterey-Elite-22.jpg
Monterey-Elite-22.jpg (39.98 KiB) Viewed 569 times
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Congrats on the new guitar. The Korean made guitars are starting to gain the same prestige as Japanese made guitars. I still have one Korean made guitar in my stable.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:38 am Congrats on the new guitar. The Korean made guitars are starting to gain the same prestige as Japanese made guitars. I still have one Korean made guitar in my stable.
I've been a huge fan of Fernandes guitars for over 20 years. They moved their production to Korea in 2008 for 7 years and then to China for the remaining years of their existence. The highest level of their products, the Elite line, had the MOP Body, Neck and Headstock Binding as pictured.

As far as I can research, they literally moved all the factory equipment AND personnel for the Korean period so the quality and craftsmanship was seamless. The China move was much less so as the gov't insisted they use local labor hence a drop in quality and their eventual closing of their U.S. office and operations here. They still make them tho out of China but their market share is nowhere near what it once was.

Here's a pic of the Sustainer Board and Circuit...2 Mini Switches; On/Off and 3 Modes for the Sustainer: Infinite, Mixed and Harmonic. Also a pic of the Bridge PUP...a USA made Seymour Duncan JB Jeff Beck SH4 and in the Neck position the Sustainer Driver which also works a PUP when the Sustainer is off. Incredibly CLEAN installation in the Controls Cavity.

I'm a VERY HAPPY guy. :)
Attachments
Monterey-Elite-19.jpg
Monterey-Elite-15.jpg
Monterey-Elite-16.jpg
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Partscaster
Reactions:

reminding me of Glasshand's recent post about his older Xaviere with the thin waist and sharp horn.
I wonder if they could be from same factory.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Lacking Talent
Reactions: