A short history of the Les Paul

Gergo
Reactions:

Here is a really nice special on the history of the Les Paul

My playing is always better after some good beer
AnotherJim
Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile 3010 SE, Epiphone LP Studio, Fender MIM Strat and Tele, Squier Stagemaster, Squier Standard, Peavey Rotor, Samick Arts SG

5 Watt World is a good channel. He does a lot of these and they are all very well done!
Partscaster
Reactions:

Thanks a bunch.
Just saw his Fender history vid is also excellent. The two made for a nice coffee/guitar history morning.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
dabbler
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:00 am Thanks a bunch.
Just saw his Fender history vid is also excellent. The two made for a nice coffee/guitar history morning.
I'll have to check that one out too.

For those who like to read, I HIGHLY recommend the book: The Birth of Loud: Leo Fender, Les Paul, and the Guitar-Pioneering Rivalry That Shaped Rock 'n' Roll, it talks about not only the instrument makers (Bigsby, Leo, Les primarily) but also the players and how both groups interacted and influenced each other and their prospective markets.
fatjack
Reactions:

I do enjoy his channel. The histories are a delight and his sense of minimalism appeals too. It's more think about what you need to get your sound and use that. Though he raves about blue chip picks I can't see myself paying $40 for a pick.