NGD! Gibson Custom 1959 ES-355 Reissue

Mr. Leyvatone
Reactions:
Gearlist: 5 Agiles, 5 SX, assorted other guitars and gear.

My girlfriend gets GF of the Year for this birthday present!!

She let me pick the guitar of my choice. I flipped my lid. I have spent considerable coin on gear over the years, but have never been in the market for truly high-end guitars (e.g., Fender or Gibson Custom Shops). So being able to pick pretty much anything blew my mind.

I thought about Les Pauls. Problem is, I sincerely love my AL-3100MCC so much that every other LP I have played pales, even Gibsons.

I thought about my ultimate, all time favorite “cool” guitar, a double-neck SG (EDS-1275). I have always contended I’d buy one if I win the lottery. And it will have to stay that way. Something this precious needs to be highly playable on a daily basis to be worth it…a double-neck doesn’t fit that description.

I have wanted a real Gibson ES forever. My only electric guitar was an Epiphone Dot for approximately 20 years; nothing fits my body better.

I nearly chose a CS-356. Looks similar to the one I did select, but with a few differences. Smaller size (not really a plus for a big dude like me), and built in 2020 (a bit concerning from a QC perspective).

Instead I went up a rung and chose this beauty below. It has the Murphy Lab treatment. I never thought a relic’d guitar made sense, but this is subtle and really does feel like a broken in pair of jeans. Saw a buddy playing a LP Custom last night and it looked painfully glossy by comparison. LOL

Anyway, how to describe something like this? Playing and tone-wise, it’s a peach. Looks-wise, it’s probably the most gorgeous guitar I’ve ever seen. It would take more patience than I have to really get into it just typing on my phone. But suffice to say, I’m over the moon. It’s an honor and privilege to have such a fine instrument.
E03DCCAF-8AB1-4425-BE62-19691ADCDCA9.jpeg
7396739D-7253-4222-A0A3-E647274B96DB.jpeg
999B617A-F0D4-4B1F-9FB8-A188DD934802.jpeg
433E59E2-E780-4F21-859F-572CCFE8BA2C.jpeg
1D21DE7A-5C3B-45A9-8F01-E0D04AEB2F4C.jpeg
jtcnj
Reactions:

Congrats!
Hope it brings everything you hoped - and more.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

In a word..."YOWZA!" :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Wow. Just wow.

Please let me know if you ever break up with your girlfriend.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
OMB
Reactions:

That ES 355 is quite pretty. Congrats!
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
Partscaster
Reactions:

Thats nice.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Tiga
Reactions:

That's an amazing guitar - congratulations!
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Forget the girlfriend business you need to marry that woman because you have managed to find one of the greatest women in the world. Congratulations on an awesome guitar and an even greater girlfriend. :mrgreen:
JeffBeck
Reactions:

With my little oompa loompa arms I have to stick with the 339s, but those 335s are the real deal. Absolutely gorgeous guitar. HNGD!
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

She is a keeper and the guitar is too. Nothing beats a nice Gibson.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Now if you had to play a gig where formal wear was required, that guitar would fit in just fine. HNGD.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson