Corsa modded Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded

golem
Reactions:

I got this in trade for a Les Paul Custom I bought off a local guitarist in a cover band plus cash coming my way. I'm a fan of Peter Green so having a Les Paul modded for the Peter Green look and sound was a dream guitar for me (although not one I'd ever thought of searching for).

I've got to thank @andrewsrea. He didn't do anything to this guitar mind you. Or even the one I traded to get this. But, him helping me with other gear certainly led up to me being able to grab this.
golem
Reactions:

Demo of another nearly identical guitar to mine:

Demo of my actual guitar (I prefer the style of the first demo):

golem
Reactions:

If you're wondering what tone I have in my head that I hope to recreate:

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Awesome score - I've always wondered about those Corsa mods. They are all built off the Faded models, correct? Killer looking top on that one and great weight too. I believe Corsa does complete custom builds from scratch too, right?
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
golem
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:20 pm Awesome score - I've always wondered about those Corsa mods. They are built off the Faded models, correct? Killer looking top on that one and great weight too.
The most accurate answer I can give is that the Standard Faded models are the one that Corsa is famous for modding for and the ones that he seeks out himself to mod. I have noticed that models on his site that aren't Standard Faded that he mods all seem to be sent by the owner. And then of course he makes his own singlecuts as well. Anything under 9lbs for me is keeping me happy. The LPC I traded was over 10lbs and people were just telling me to get a three inch strap and man up. I think the only thing I might change on this guitar is to add Kluson or Gotoh locking tuners. And that's just a personal preference as I like the ease and speed with which one can get stable tuning with those tuners.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

That is a grail guitar, in my book!

I agree with @uwmcscott , under 8lbs is a great weight and it sounds awesome on the video.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
jtcnj
Reactions:

Sweeeeeeet!!
Congrats on that one!

I love that record; Peter is great, and Jeremy Spencer's Elmore James style slide work is wicked!
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
Sinster
Reactions:
Gearlist: Many Les Pauls, Couple of Tele's and Strats, a PRS, a EVH Woflgang, a Bass, and Epi Acoustic. Egnater Rebel 20, Tubemeister 18.

Ya man up! I real man will use a 2" strap instead of a 3" ;)

Congrats on a beautiful Les Paul !!!
Partscaster
Reactions:

sounds good.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."