STICKER HELL

fatjack
Reactions:

I rarely look at gibsons as they are pretty much out my price range. This one with some wheelin-dealin and lots of elbow grease might drop into my range. but it is scary. Don't even know how bad the back looks either. I did send a message asking though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Gibson-Le ... 1438.l2649
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

I've owned a couple of those tributes and while they have the bones of an LP, the finish is very thin and I would suspect those stickers would take a bunch of it with if you took them off.

Having said that you can almost certainly find a regular studio or a tribute in a lot better shape for that kind of money, or even less on reverb or probably a lot less on CL/Locally.

IMHO, the absolute best bang for your buck Gibson LP you can get is a used Studio Deluxe. They have a full gloss nitro finish, burstbucker pickups and cool finishes with the faux binding maple cap visible around the edges. They came in multiple versions with both 50s and 60s neck profiles and also come with a full on Gibson hard case. Prices have gone up but you could probably find one for around the asking price of the tribute you shared if you did your homework. They were made from around 2009-2014 or so I believe. I had a 2011 50's neck version in Ice Tea burst and it was one I wish I had never sold. I think I paid $750 for it at the time, but I sold it when I got my traditional.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
fatjack
Reactions:

That's pretty much what I was thinking . Until I had the thought if they dropped it to 500 with the case and free shipping. :mrgreen:
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

fatjack wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:37 pm That's pretty much what I was thinking . Until I had the thought if they dropped it to 500 with the case and free shipping. :mrgreen:
I dunno, it looks to be in pretty rough shape. I think a lot of those tributes were MF blowouts in the $499 neighborhood to begin with - especially the ones with the more plain finishes.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Eek. Someone's first relic? I have 2 of those tributes (Future and 50's). I got them new in different closeout sales for less than $600 each shipped. The 50's one was last year from Manchester Music Mill, and they even swapped the robo tuners for grovers. Great guitars both, but I would look for a better price. At the condition of that listed one, I would not consider it unless I played it first and found it to be an amazing player.
fatjack
Reactions:

Thanks guys. I had the feeling it was more work than it deserved. Although at the right price it could be a good college bar beater.
fatjack
Reactions:

He wanted to know what I'd offer and it comes with the case. Thinking of offering $400 for the lp &case shipped. It is not worth any more than that to me.
Partscaster
Reactions:

The way it looks, there is a chance the owner may not take care of guitars well. Left in hot/freezing car, leaned wrong against walls, etc.

Theres a lefty Tokai Love Rock for 550$ shipped from Japan. Who knows. Used Tributes and Studios look pricey to me in general.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
fatjack
Reactions:

It's probably as bad as it could be I did tell him I'd give him $400 all in case tax and shipping. Not worth any more and figure thats a top price considering. Could use use rerench lacquer on it. I saw the Tokai my problem is I don't know what a Korean tokai is worth and just a gig bag.
Forecaster
Reactions:

I''d take my cue from the sticker "Join the Resistance". I can resist that guitar.
fatjack
Reactions:

Doubt I get it , no response to the all in at $400 taxed and shipped. That would have put it at about 340 w/ case before shipping and tax. Given the general nastiness of it that's a decent price.
mozz
Reactions:

Never any pictures of the first few frets. That's where they will divot and wear. Also wear playing a few too many AC/DC bar chords.
AGF refugee
fatjack
Reactions:

LOL someone more desperate for a Gibson than me bought it.