HB Ash Thinline Tele

ILuvTeles
Reactions:

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Every time one of these HB's with the roasted maple necks pops up I get a little GAS too - let us know when it arrives ;-)
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:13 pm Every time one of these HB's with the roasted maple necks pops up I get a little GAS too - let us know when it arrives ;-)
For some reason the Thomann website won't take my money today. I am taking that as a sign...
peskypesky
Reactions:

Harley Bentons drive me insane with GAS.

This is one that I've been lusting over:
Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 13-14-46 Harley Benton HB-35Plus Metallic Blue copy.jpg
Just $209. Insanity!!

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_ben ... c_blue.htm

Banned by Momo
Partscaster
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:18 pm Harley Bentons drive me insane with GAS.

This is one that I've been lusting over:
Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 13-14-46 Harley Benton HB-35Plus Metallic Blue copy.jpg

Just $209. Insanity!!

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_ben ... c_blue.htm

I was gonna just pull the...,and I see currently sold out.
That is so beautiful looking. I may wait the 8-10 weeks for restock.
They have a b-stock available, but I'ld hate to find the return was based on neck twist or something, rather than cosmetics with which i could accept a blemish or two.

On second thought, shipping cost could be a deal breaker. They should have a USA warehouse.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
peskypesky
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:04 pm I was gonna just pull the...,and I see currently sold out.
They have a b-stock available, but I'd hate to find the return was based on neck twist or something, rather than cosmetics with which i could accept a blemish or two.
If you read through the comments on this video, you'll see most people only found cosmetic issues with B-stock Harley Bentons:

Banned by Momo
honyock
Reactions:

I wish they would do more tele style like a Deluxe or a Custom, maybe a Deluxe/Thinline.

I love the lightly roasted neck on my TE52, I am thinking hard about modding it be a Custom with a Widerange bucker in the neck and the Tele bridge with the large pickguard if I can get my scroll saw repaired.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Partscaster
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:19 pm
Partscaster wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:04 pm I was gonna just pull the...,and I see currently sold out.
They have a b-stock available, but I'd hate to find the return was based on neck twist or something, rather than cosmetics with which i could accept a blemish or two.
If you read through the comments on this video, you'll see most people only found cosmetic issues with B-stock Harley Bentons:

Thanks Pesky, after getting so gassed up over that blue HB, I went and grabbed my Ibanez AMV10A which I have hardly used, and played it to great rekindling ends. I also found another vid of that Blue HB in which the blue seemed more baby blue which helped curb my gas.

[url]
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
peskypesky
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:58 pm I also found another vid of that Blue HB in which the blue seemed more baby blue which helped curb my gas.
Baby blue? Looks more like Pelham Blue to my eyes:
Banned by Momo
Partscaster
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:10 pm
Partscaster wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:58 pm I also found another vid of that Blue HB in which the blue seemed more baby blue which helped curb my gas.
Baby blue? Looks more like Pelham Blue to my eyes:
That darker blue looks gorgeous.
It was this guys vid...maybe just his bright lights, but it made me hope it didnt look that light in regular daylight.
Jump into video, there is some much lighter blue coming off the guitar.
Even the lighter blue looks pretty good, but I'm trying to un-gas over it.
Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 5.26.54 PM.png
peskypesky
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:16 pm
It was this guys vid...maybe just his bright lights, but it made me hope it didnt look that light in regular daylight.
Jump into video, there is some much lighter blue coming off the guitar.
Even the lighter blue looks pretty good, but I'm trying to un-gas over it.

[url]
Hmmm, to me that still looks a lot like Pelham blue.

One thing I really like about these is the slightly sharper horns. I really am not a fan of the Mickey Mouse ears on some Gibson ES-335's. They look sort of dorky to me. The horns on the Harley Bentons and the Monoprice Indio Boardwalks are much more to my liking.
Banned by Momo
mickey
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:36 pm

One thing I really like about these is the slightly sharper horns. I really am not a fan of the Mickey Mouse ears on some Gibson ES-335's. They look sort of dorky to me. The horns on the Harley Bentons and the Monoprice Indio Boardwalks are much more to my liking.
In other words you like the body shape of the 60's Hagstrom Vikings like Elvis used? :D

Gandalf the Intonationer
peskypesky
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:46 pm

In other words you like the body shape of the 60's Hagstrom Vikings like Elvis used? :D

yep. and the Guild Starfire:

and the Washburn HB35

NOT a fan of the dorky mouse ears:
Banned by Momo
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

It took some doing, but I persuaded Thomann to take my money! The guitars (you read that right) should be here early next week.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:04 pm ...They have a b-stock available, but I'ld hate to find the return was based on neck twist or something, rather than cosmetics with which i could accept a blemish or two.

On second thought, shipping cost could be a deal breaker. They should have a USA warehouse.
I always try to buy the b-stocks because they are inspected for those kinds of issues before they're listed so your chances of getting a guitar that is not playable is actually less.

Also, while Thomann no longer offers flat rate shipping, the cost is still very reasonable. The cost of shipping two is actually about the same as one. The last two I bought about 3-4 months ago. it was $76 and they were here in three days...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
honyock
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote:
Partscaster wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:04 pm ...They have a b-stock available, but I'ld hate to find the return was based on neck twist or something, rather than cosmetics with which i could accept a blemish or two.

I always try to buy the b-stocks because they are inspected for those kinds of issues before they're listed so your chances of getting a guitar that is not playable is actually less.

Also, while Thomann no longer offers flat rate shipping, the cost is still very reasonable. The cost of shipping two is actually about the same as one. The last two I bought about 3-4 months ago. it was $76 and they were here in three days...
I just paid $61 shipping for a preorder due on January '23 on the EX-76 I should have bought and a SC550 II that is due in later next month.

THOMANN, the only place where inflation isn't happening.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

peskypesky wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:53 pm
mickey wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:46 pm

yep. and the Guild Starfire:

and the Washburn HB35

NOT a fan of the dorky mouse ears:
I agree about the horns on those guitars vs the 335.
Now that I have seen the face of Mickey Mouse on that 335, I can’t unsee it.

Edited because autocorrect needs to eat a big bag of donkey peckers.