Firefly copies Epiphone who copied Gibson. Adam Jones art Firefly

Gergo
Reactions:

Pretty cool, if your into the Adam Jones craze, I guess. Quite a price difference compared to the original.
I wonder if they will get a cease and desist?

https://guitarsgarden.com/collections/f ... lver-burst
Attachments
20822145630_1400x140120420_1400x.jpg
20822145630_1400x04745054_1400x.jpg
My playing is always better after some good beer
tobijohn
Reactions:

Fortunately, there hasn't been a lefty Firefly of any style listed for several months. I find a lot of those finishes compelling, and the pricing potentially addictive...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
Chocol8
Reactions:

Is the back side art for guys who like rubbing their junk up against nearly naked muscular men? Definitely not my thing, but I really don't like the silver vomit front finish either, so I guess I am not the target market! :D
Gergo
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:19 pm Is the back side art for guys who like rubbing their junk up against nearly naked muscular men? Definitely not my thing, but I really don't like the silver vomit front finish either, so I guess I am not the target market! :D
Yeah....no kidding! LOL

Click the link below. This is what they are knocking off. Scroll down and take a look at the Franzetta art edition. I think that is the vibe they are going for. I can't imagine Gibson letting this fly.

https://www.epiphone.com/en-US/AdamJonesArtCollection
My playing is always better after some good beer
Lamf77
Reactions:

Frank Frazetta still resting in peace....artwork is hardly in his league, but nice touch.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

I ordered one...reviews when they get here next week.

Also snagged one of these...$227 SHIPPED!

U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:11 am I ordered one...reviews when they get here next week.

Also snagged one of these...$227 SHIPPED!

I ordered one too.
I'm married and am ok with having a guitar with a shirtless guy on the back. Doesn't hurt my pride at all. I'll never spend 1500 for an Epiphone version or lord knows how much for a Gibson version so this will do.

I guess I'll need to put my take on a jb in one and a distortion in my Agile silverburst and see which one sounds more like Adam Jones
Chocol8
Reactions:

To be clear, it's not just that it is a guy. I don't want a picture of a shirtless woman on the back of my guitars either. Or a woman with a shirt, or a goat, or puppies and kittens.
glasshand
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:35 am To be clear, it's not just that it is a guy. I don't want a picture of a shirtless woman on the back of my guitars either. Or a woman with a shirt, or a goat, or puppies and kittens.
That seems like kind of a weird place for art anyway, to be honest. "I call this piece 'Spartan Warrior With Buckle Rash'".
toomanycats
Reactions:

I'm going to be the odd one out and say I'm more offended by a LP with a Floyd than I am by some sword and sandles art. That painting is reminiscent of half the Molly Hatchet album covers, and I remember vans in the 70s with graphics like that. What's the big deal about it?
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I agree that a Les Paul should not have a FR. Maybe a Bigsby if you must but not a FR.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:35 am To be clear, it's not just that it is a guy. I don't want a picture of a shirtless woman on the back of my guitars either. Or a woman with a shirt, or a goat, or puppies and kittens.
I respect your opinion, no worries.
I'm not going to hang the guitar backwards so nobody will probably see it other than me anyway!

I'm more offended to be honest by the lack of ebony on the fretboard. Silverburst LPs have never looked quite right to me with rosewood but oh well. Maybe I'll dig up my leather dye.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Buddha Pickups wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:45 pm
...I'm more offended to be honest by the lack of ebony on the fretboard. Silverburst LPs have never looked quite right to me with rosewood but oh well. Maybe I'll dig up my leather dye.
The rosewood fretboard on my silverburst AL-2000 never bothered me until you just now mentioned it. Even better, my silverburst Gibson 70s Tribute also has a rosewood fretboard. Thanks, a couple more projects, just what I need...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:55 pm
Buddha Pickups wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:45 pm
...I'm more offended to be honest by the lack of ebony on the fretboard. Silverburst LPs have never looked quite right to me with rosewood but oh well. Maybe I'll dig up my leather dye.
The rosewood fretboard on my silverburst AL-2000 never bothered me up until you mentioned it. Even better, my silverburst Gibson 70s Tribute also has a rosewood fretboard. Thanks, a couple more projects, just what I need...
I did the fretboard dye to a Dauntless Silverburst 10 or so years ago and it was not as easy as I hoped.
Scraping binding was easy but the inlays were more stubborn. I'm pretty sure I taped everything off but the leather dye is very thin so it got everywhere.

I think I've now had 5 Agile Silverburst ALs.
1 AL 2k
2 AL Dauntless
1 2800 uniform profile (my 1st Agile)
And now a 3100.

Now that I have the 3100 with the ebony I'm very happy.
Chocol8
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:30 am What's the big deal about it?
The location.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

It is sort of odd to have artwork on the back.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole