NGD: "White Knight II" Firefly Les Paul Has Landed!

LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Cream White, Dual HBs but they gotta go...too microphonic. Looking for recommendations. Added a
TP-6 Tailpiece, Custom Truss Rod Cover, 9s, Frets are Stainless Steel with ball ends. Tuners are quite
serviceable and weighs in at just under 8.5lbs. $249 SHIPPED.
Attachments
Collage-1.jpg
Collage-2.jpg
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
artandsoul
Reactions:
Gearlist: sx callisto cus ds tobacco quilt, A2 probuckers.
sx hawk car p90 all stock.
agile al3200 purple black quilt, all stock.
jet city 50w 6l6 warren hanes mod
jet city 100w ltd el34 warren hanes mod
big knob pedals color jumbo, behringer super fuzz, joyo dig tuner, black arts toneworks lstr fuzz" green muff clone"
412 eminence swamp thang 600watts in egnater cabinet

Id do alinco 2's in the ff lp for a more vintage sound there stock pickups are kinda crappy for sure. I have bought and seen a few recent ff in past few months none with the ball end frets and none of them were stainless steel frets. I see people saying they are stainless but i dont see the company saying it and others saying there not stainless frets so i wanna know the truth lol
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
artandsoul
Reactions:
big knob pedals color jumbo, behringer super fuzz, joyo dig tuner, black arts toneworks lstr fuzz" green muff clone"

well i found the truth on my own. I searched on the firefly cult and they said only some are stainless frets by accident at one of the 4 factorys that make the guitars. that explains the few saying stainless frets So may come with stainless if the factory screwed up and put stainless frets in lmao! so it was a factory mistake if u got ss frets crazy! great company!
Maybe they are doin stainless now ?!, saying it was a screw up isnt very dependable lol
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
artandsoul
Reactions:

double post
idiotsdelight
Reactions:

Pot them yourself and see how you like them.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

HNGD. You are going to need to add a wing onto your studio for all these Fireflys
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
idiotsdelight
Reactions:

I'm just seeing the silverburst V's. Damn I'm sorry I missed that. Hope those come back.

Are the pickups overwound?

Check out Bootstrap. He might be playing catch up though.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:18 pm HNGD. You are going to need to add a wing onto your studio for all these Fireflys
Two 9 Space Racks in the Studio and another in the Living Room. :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

idiotsdelight wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:11 am Pot them yourself and see how you like them.
Nah. Just doing a swap. I'm patient and find Gibsons from "Motivated" sellers.

I REALLY like their pickups for the "Classic Rock" tone. :)

LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

artandsoul wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:24 pm well i found the truth on my own. I searched on the firefly cult and they said only some are stainless frets by accident at one of the 4 factorys that make the guitars. that explains the few saying stainless frets So may come with stainless if the factory screwed up and put stainless frets in lmao! so it was a factory mistake if u got ss frets crazy! great company!
Maybe they are doin stainless now ?!, saying it was a screw up isnt very dependable lol
I can tell you I now own 24 FFs with #25 on the way that I purchased over the last 12 months.

ALL the LPs, SGs and 338s have Stainless Steel Frets.

This is number 25...$217...SHIPPED.

Elite Model: Transparent Blue, Flame Maple Veneer Top, Mahogany Body & Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard,
Color Matching 5 way Binding on the Front Back, and Headstock with a "Black Bat" on the back of the Headstock.
Neck Binding is Color Matched as well.
Attachments
Transparent Blue Flame Elite Bat LP-1.jpg
Transparent Blue Flame Elite Bat LP-2.jpg

LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

idiotsdelight wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:31 pm Are the pickups overwound?
You're kidding right?

artandsoul
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:40 am
artandsoul wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:24 pm well i found the truth on my own. I searched on the firefly cult and they said only some are stainless frets by accident at one of the 4 factorys that make the guitars. that explains the few saying stainless frets So may come with stainless if the factory screwed up and put stainless frets in lmao! so it was a factory mistake if u got ss frets crazy! great company!
I can tell you I now own 24 FFs with #25 on the way that I purchased over the last 12 months.

Elite Model: Transparent Blue, Flame Maple Veneer Top, Mahogany Body & Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard,
Color Matching 5 way Binding on the Front Back, and Headstock with a "Black Bat" on the back of the Headstock.

ok now i see only the newer models have ss frets none of the older ones do, if there not the round ball end there not stainless. surprised there not charging more for the stainless frets over the ones without, same price on lps with or without lol nuts!
it was a fluke with tthe 1st ones being sold with ss frets the company didnt tell anyone so some models did and some models still dont. none of the ones i got were ss.
the ones i owned all needed so much work they were worse than squier bullets or glarrys out the box. maybe there better than they were 1-2 years ago they were pretty crappy then tons of blems and all needed alot of work, never seen a flawless firefly ever period out of 25 ive seen or owned but people are blind to blems on cheap guitars lol.

since theres 4 factorys now making the lps alone im sure the fit and finish is different between them and the new factorys doing the ss frets might know what there doin on paint and finish and others still hit and miss, im still so scared to buy another one ill get the one from the bad factory that cant paint, clearcoat and buff right for crap lol
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

artandsoul wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:42 pm
LightWingStudios wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:40 am

ok now i see only the newer models have ss frets none of the older ones do, if there not the round ball end there not stainless. surprised there not charging more for the stainless frets over the ones without, same price on lps with or without lol nuts!
it was a fluke with tthe 1st ones being sold with ss frets the company didnt tell anyone so some models did and some models still dont. none of the ones i got were ss.
the ones i owned all needed so much work they were worse than squier bullets or glarrys out the box. maybe there better than they were 1-2 years ago they were pretty crappy then tons of blems and all needed alot of work, never seen a flawless firefly ever period out of 25 ive seen or owned but people are blind to blems on cheap guitars lol.

since theres 4 factorys now making the lps alone im sure the fit and finish is different between them and the new factorys doing the ss frets might know what there doin on paint and finish and others still hit and miss, im still so scared to buy another one ill get the one from the bad factory that cant paint, clearcoat and buff right for crap lol
Where do or did you get the info that their LPs are made in 4 DIFFERENT factories and the SS frets were an "accident"? I'd like to read those sources if you don't mind. I seriously doubt they can have the QC level they've achieved over the last year with that many in the manufacturing chain. As far as "flawless", not even Gibson, Fender or PRS are able to achieve that and they cost ALOT more money. Hell, even Rondo sucked BIG TIME in their early days. Personally, I don't care what FFs were like two years ago and actually that is irrelevant at this point. I CAN say that mine over the last year have been VERY, VERY close but as with any new guitar, it will need to be setup out of the box to the players style. That's the case with even USED guitars as well. The "ONE CRIT" most customers do agree on is that their PUPS can be microphonic with High Gain. So folks do Swaps as I have done on a couple because I segmented out the guitars I use for High Gain. I also checked the V, Firebird, Explorer, Aerosonic and Pegasus guitars I picked up. They ALL have the same Stainless Steel Frets and Round Ball Ends. Go look at more of the FF pics I posted and see them with your own eyes. Another "CRIT" I offered them in emails is that they need to expand "The Specs" of the guitars as posted on their site. Other than those two points, I'm convinced their "Pretty Damn Good Bang For The Buck" these days IMO.

artandsoul
Reactions:

I know all about ff i think ive owned a few lol. i was there when they 1st started when there was only 5-10 sold of each color and they sold out in minutes and wouldnt restocked for months and people were staying up for days just to get one lol crazy!
i bought some of the 1st jr double cuts, bats , lps, lx,v, and strats so im way ahead of you or most on the firefly cult. I just havent kept up with the cult in the past 6+ months but now you to can learn the ways of the force i mean fireflys.

the firefly page on facebook says theres 4 different factorys making them go look there. Go get mad at them they will show you the ways of the firefly force. to start with they didnt tell anyone there would be ss frets so it was a fluke or luck of the draw if u got one with or without ss frets and if u got ss u were lucky and the firefly gods were looking down on upon you.

update to today and now they say on the site if they have ss or not, they didnt last year. go right now go to guitars garden and look only some of them have ss frets, diff colors have diff frets on same models. so right now not all ss frets but some are. with diff factorys now making them there still gonna be hit and miss and theres gonna be screw ups and ive seen some really crazy oops get sold by them but who cares. no matter how many issues or factory screw ups that have happened over the years like washer gate or the paper shims they put in bridge mount holes when drilled to big none of that matters now. even though there still selling guitars made 2 and 3 years ago that have these issues new on the site.
Glad you dont care about anyones experience but you own its all about you in the end and your collection were all so pleased for you :D if you ever get a bad one you will see where the grip is coming from. buy ones without ss frets and maybe youll get a dud like a lot of people do and still do. I think the factory making them with ss frets is just better than the rest.

I know they are now gibson or agile equivalent and there the best lp around. I think everyone should give me there agiles and go buy fireflys those crappy agiles are trash anymore and cant compete with firefly the gods of guitars, lords of the lp manor and true leaders of the future industry on guitars :lol: jokes aside firefly has got a little better over the years but still has years to go to get up to an agile 2500 but they will get there when the price is 400-500 for a lp, hell there already 4-500 on reverb for the firefly lps now lol. there great mod platforms for people who have the skills to do guitar repair never had a firefly that didnt need fret leveling on 2-9 frets so i steer most newbies away from them there better off buying a ltd, hadean, sx , agile, iyv or mitchell. But just becasue i got 25 that all needed repair doesnt mean there all terds just some lol
Attachments
20191215_110140_HDR.jpg
20191216_170637.jpg
20191216_170732.jpg
20191218_120004_HDR.jpg
20191218_120100.jpg
20191225_122610.jpg
20200128_110612_HDR.jpg
20200508_111932.jpg
20200529_174247_HDR.jpg
20200616_124919.jpg
artandsoul
Reactions:

more
Attachments
20220216_185005.jpg
20220216_185148.jpg
20220216_185412.jpg
20220216_185545.jpg
20220216_185826.jpg
20220224_135228_HDR.jpg
20220318_142559_HDR.jpg
20220318_142912_HDR.jpg
20220318_143219_HDR.jpg
20220318_143513_HDR.jpg
artandsoul
Reactions:

ive owned more than this just cant find the pics lol, so i know all about fireflys
Attachments
20210402_181709_HDR.jpg
20210402_181905.jpg
20210413_120155.jpg
20210413_120309_HDR.jpg
20210413_120646_HDR.jpg
20220624_125722.jpg
20200226_150820.jpg
20200226_150827.jpg
idiotsdelight
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:36 am
idiotsdelight wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:11 am Pot them yourself and see how you like them.

I've since seen a 60 Cycle Hum vid where he took the FF HB's covers off because of microphonics. Fully wax potted underneath.

Are the FF pickups typical overwound?
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

idiotsdelight wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:27 pm
LightWingStudios wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:36 am

I've since seen a 60 Cycle Hum vid where he took the FF HB's covers off because of microphonics. Fully wax potted underneath.

Are the FF pickups typical overwound?
I have no idea.