SEEKING RECOMMENDATIONS: Who can copy a pickguard?

glasshand
Reactions:

I'm looking for someone to copy a pickguard I have - it's off an SX Hawk with 2 x P90s, and TOM bridge, so not exactly your usual off-the-shelf part. Anybody got a recommendation?
Mr. Leyvatone
Reactions:
Gearlist: 5 Agiles, 5 SX, assorted other guitars and gear.

Mr. Leyvatone
Reactions:

I posted the link above. But want to also note that when I did my Hawk project I was able to buy a pickguard from Amazon (was a P90 guitar, changed it to HBs) that worked. Not sure whether the bridge configuration would even matter. Before I went HB I was going for just a color change and keeping the P90s…they had that guard too.
8DC34400-E7C1-4202-ABAE-686ADB112829.jpeg
glasshand
Reactions:

Mr. Leyvatone wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:52 pm I posted the link above. But want to also note that when I did my Hawk project I was able to buy a pickguard from Amazon (was a P90 guitar, changed it to HBs) that worked. Not sure whether the bridge configuration would even matter. Before I went HB I was going for just a color change and keeping the P90s…they had that guard too.
Interesting, although the pickguard I have is so weird I'm not sure I could find a good match. It's basically
- 2x P90
- NO bridge cutout (I guess I could live with a bridge cutout if I had to, although it might look weird)
- control layout is basically Volume/Volume/Tone with no Strat-style switch

Oh, and I want it in mirror, just to be extra difficult. :mrgreen:
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Mr. Leyvatone wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:52 pm I posted the link above. But want to also note that when I did my Hawk project I was able to buy a pickguard from Amazon (was a P90 guitar, changed it to HBs) that worked. Not sure whether the bridge configuration would even matter. Before I went HB I was going for just a color change and keeping the P90s…they had that guard too.
Hey bro how did those P90's sound that came in that guitar Rondo has one right now I've been really close to pulling the trigger on.
HERE https://www.rondomusic.com/Hawk_RN_MAH_PBU.html
Mr. Leyvatone
Reactions:

[/quote]

Hey bro how did those P90's sound that came in that guitar Rondo has one right now I've been really close to pulling the trigger on.
HERE https://www.rondomusic.com/Hawk_RN_MAH_PBU.html
[/quote]

They were excellent. Sadly the bridge pup was destroyed when I tried to remove the cover. I really wanted to keep the P90s, and all wiring. The guitar sounded really good stock. I say go for it.