AMI 'Supernatural' Humbucker Set

Pickup and Parts reviews, advice, discussions here
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

New model to the AMI guitar pickup line: 'Supernatural' humbucker set. Inspired by a client's request to improve the Gibson 'Custombuckers' he has in another of his Les Pauls.

Neither is potted and have a little microphonic-ness by design, plus are sensitive to the touch. The neck pickup sounds open, woody and creamy when overdriven. The bridge pickup is sweet when clean and a grinder when overdriven!

I have switched to stickers instead of hand painted markings, which is another first for me.
23-10 AMI Supernatural set front.jpg
23-10 AMI Supernatural set backs.jpg
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:32 pm Neither is potted and have a little microphonic-ness by design, plus are sensitive to the touch. The neck pickup sounds open, woody and creamy when overdriven. The bridge pickup is sweet when clean and a grinder when overdriven!
That sounds like exactly how my favorite HBs act. I always did attribute some of the warm character and range to microphonics. I think it's pretty great you actually put some of the specs on the labels. Great touch.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

You make good stuff Rob. I am really learning to appreciate the Dumblicious pedal. I can hardly wait to try it with my new 335.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
golem
Reactions:

I'd love to hear these! Happy Birthday!!
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

golem wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:22 pm I'd love to hear these! Happy Birthday!!
Thank you! You need to get over quick as these will probably be returned to the owner early next week. I expect to finish his Thinline Tele that I painted natural by then.
andrewsrea
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:29 pm You make good stuff Rob. I am really learning to appreciate the Dumblicious pedal. I can hardly wait to try it with my new 335.
335 and that pedal will be the stuff!

Hint: start with the 'Fat' at about 9:30 and roll the 'Tone' at about 11:30. Set the 'Gain' to where it is starting to compress, then back it off a hair. Set the volume to push your amp a tiny bit. At that setting and playing along with a band or jam track, you'll be sitting in the mix nicely and feeling like the guitar is playing itself.